8th June 2016, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do D.Pharma while currently studying in engineering 2nd year?

I wanna do correspondence in D.Pharma..I want to open a medical shop after that. But I'm currently doing my engineering 2nd year. So, tell me that will it be possible for me to take D.Pharma???

Related Questions:
  1. Details about internship while studying 2nd year of B.E in Mechanical engineering?
  2. Can I get a job in Loco Pilot? I am studying 2nd year chemical engineering
  3. How can I do training in god companies? I am studying in B.Tech 2nd year
  4. How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year
  5. Requirements one should possess to join ISRO? I am studying in 2nd year computer science
  6. How to take degree or B.Tech while studying inter 2nd year in MPC?
  7. How can I go further to become an Astronaut? I am studying engineering 2nd year in EEE
  8. Eligibility to apply for Industrial Training for Civil Engineering Diploma 2nd year student?
  9. How can I get into NASA while studying in B.Tech 2nd year(Electronics and Communication Engineering)?
  10. Detailed procedure to apply for Internship in BHEL for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year student?
  11. What should I do to join marine engineering if I am studying 2nd year diploma in Mechanical field?
  12. Which is best course between D.Pharma and B.Pharma? Average placement for D.Pharma students?
  13. What are the details which we need to follow for getting the scholarship while doing 2nd year engineering?
  14. Possibilities and availabilities of Internship Project for Mechanical engineering student in Kolkata? -- [New]
  15. How can I shift to another college? I'm studying B.Tech 2nd year in Chaitanya engineering college
  16. Which scholarship will be helpful for 2nd year Mechanical Engineering students?
  17. How can I get job in Google India being a B.E.(CSE) 2nd year student?
  18. How to join marine engineering after studying B.E Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]

9th June 2016, 09:43 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to do D.Pharma while currently studying in engineering 2nd year?

No you can not go for the D Pharma Course while doing your Engineering course,Engineering is totally different from Pharmacy course and if you wish you can change your Engineering branch to different branch in 2 nd year but you can not change to Pharmacy related courses,as it deals with the Science related streams you can not appear for the D.Pharmacy course.

D.Pharmacy can be done actually after completing your 12th with Science related branch or mathematics branch of study.This is also 4 years graduation course of study which can be done after Intermediate.

So, you can not appear for D Pharmacy course in your 2nd year of Engineering course,if you wish to apply you can apply only after your 12th before entering your Engineering now you can not change your Group to Pharmacy.

9th June 2016, 10:58 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do D.Pharma while currently studying in engineering 2nd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wanna do correspondence in D.Pharma..I want to open a medical shop after that. But I'm currently doing my engineering 2nd year. So, tell me that will it be possible for me to take D.Pharma???
Yes you can do D.Pharm now simultaneously while doing engineering from a different university. However you should not do this course through correspondence. D-Pharmacy is not valid from distance mode. On doing this you wont get the approval for licencse registration. If you really want to do it then do it from a regular college after completing B.Tech.

Eligibility Criteria: You have to pass in 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and English with Mathematics or Biology as optional subjects with not less than 45% of marks in aggregate.

Duration of the course: Two years

List of Institutes from where you can do this course:-

-National Academy of Management Studies
-Techware Institute of Technology
-Bioinformatics Institute of India
-IIMR Pharma Business School

Career Opportunities after D.Pharm:-
  • Marketing
  • Insurance sector
  • Pharmacovigilance, business development
  • Application scientists, medical affairs
  • Business analyst
  • Pharmacology industry
  • Clinical pharmacists in the hospital

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?