19th June 2016, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join the Air Force course after completion of 10th standard?

Is it possible to join the Air Force course after completion of 10th standard? What would be the steps which we need to follow for the same? It will be good if you can provide me the information soon as possible. Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
19th June 2016, 08:36 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join the Air Force course after completion of 10th standard?

No you are not eligible to join the Air Force course after completion of 10th standard because the minimum educational qualification for that is 12th standard with a minimum of 55%. After completion of your 12th class then you need to appear in the National Defence Academy examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice. As per my knowledge NDA have three stages I.e Indian Air Force, Indian Army and Indian Navy. The selection of candidate will be done on the basis of Written Examination, Medical Test and Personnel Interview. For detailed information you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in
19th June 2016, 09:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join the Air Force course after completion of 10th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to join the Air Force course after completion of 10th standard? What would be the steps which we need to follow for the same? It will be good if you can provide me the information soon as possible. Awaiting for the response.
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for Indian Air Force. So first complete your 10th and 11th standard then you can apply for Indian Air Force through NDA exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized University are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
20th June 2016, 01:01 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force after 10th standard. To join Air Force candidates have to qualify in NDA examination.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as main paper.

Only male candidates are eligible.

Candidates age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you are not to join Air Force after 10th. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
20th June 2016, 01:32 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to join Airforce is 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics as main subjects with at least 50% marks from recognised board. You have to qualify the NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. Age limit should be in between 16.5 to 19 years. After 10th you cannot enter into Airforce because minimum eligibility criteria to appear in this entrance exam is 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?