13th September 2011, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join Army after completing Mechanical engineering with 59%?

Ive completed my mechanical engineering but i only managed to score a 59% . Is it possible for me to join the army. I'm really interested in joining the army as I do want to serve the country .

15th September 2011, 09:30 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Army after completing Mechanical engineering with 59%?

Yes you have got a chance to enter into Indian Military Academy.Some of the ways to enter into the Indian Army are:-

CDS examination:- This examination has nothing to do with aggregate.You just need to complete your graduation from a recognized University for going through this examination.This examination is held in the months of February and September and the notifications are released 4 months before the date of commencement of examination.
Candidates between the age group of 19-24 can attend the examination.

TGC (Engineers):- The notifications for this examinations are released in the months of April and October.Candidates from the B.Tech stream can apply for this examination which is held twice an year.If your from the age group between 20-27, then can attend the examination.

Short Service Commission (Technical Men):-The notifications for this examinations are released in the months of April and October.Candidates from the B.Tech stream can apply for this examination which is held twice an year.If your from the age group between 20-27, then you can attend the examination.

For more details regarding the examination please refer the following link-Click here
15th September 2011, 09:41 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join Army after completing Mechanical engineering with 59%?

hi dear.
Yes you can apply for army exam.
*there are some criteria for this exam......
*The candidates should be a graduate or 10+2 , from a recognize university.
*the age limit differ from post to post.
normally up to 28 yrs you can apply for this exam...
this exam is conducted by upsc for more details you can visit website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

for more details you can visit official website of ARMY.

good luck.........
15th September 2011, 09:44 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear.
Yes you can apply for army exam.
*there are some criteria for this exam......
*The candidates should be a graduate or 10+2 , from a recognize university.
*the age limit differ from post to post.
normally up to 28 yrs you can apply for this exam...
this exam is conducted by upsc for more details you can visit website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

for more details you can visit official website of ARMY.

good luck.........
15th September 2011, 09:47 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

sorry. you can't join in the Army after completing Mechanical engineering with 59%.

the given below scheme you can join in the Army after completing Mechanical engineering.

>>TES.

>>CDS scheme.

for the above two process, you have get minimum 60% marks in graduation.

the eligibility criteria for the CDS Exam is given below

>> For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent.

>>For Air Force Academy: Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.

>>For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

Age limit:-

For Indian Military Academy age limit is 19-23 Years.

For Air Force Academy age limit is 19-23 Years.

For Naval Academy age limit is 19-22 Years.

For Officers’ Training Academy age limit is 19-25 Years.

etc.

all the best......
15th September 2011, 10:26 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Its great opportunity to you to serve for your own country,you can get chance in Indian Army through Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam.

Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

According to the Eligibility Criteria:

i)For IMA and OTA you must have any degree from any recognized University.

ii)For Naval Academy you should have B.Sc in Physics or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering(BE).

iii)For (AFA) you should have the degree of recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering(BE)

Age Limit:

i)For IMA:19-24 Years

ii)For OTA:19-23 Years

iii)For Naval Academy:19-22 Years

iv)For AFA :19-25 Years

ii)Intelligence & Personality test :Generally here checks the Personality of the candidate,GD,group planning, physical fitness test, interview, small lectures on general issues & psychological tests. etc...

iii)Medical test.
After getting selected in interview ,the candidates are called for medical examination which is conducted by Military Hospitals.

Pre-Commission training After getting final selected the candidates are called for Training.
15th September 2011, 10:34 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Is it possible to join Army after completing Mechanical engineering with 59%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ive completed my mechanical engineering but i only managed to score a 59% . Is it possible for me to join the army. I'm really interested in joining the army as I do want to serve the country .
Hey friend,

Yeah you can apply Indian Army after doing Mechanical Engineering,the possible entrance exam which you can opt are NDA and CDS exam.

NDA and CDS exam are the entrance exam which are defence service exam and this exam are conducted by UPSC and are held every year.

For applying for both the exam you need to have satisfied the eligibility criteria.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam and for applying for this exam the eligibility criteria which you must satisfy are:

> Candidate must be a citizen of India.

> Candidate who are applying for the NDA exam must strictly be a unmarried male candidate.

> Candidate must have a age limit of 16 1/2-19 years.

> Candidate must have finished +2 from a recognized school board of education with a fair percentage.

> Candidate must be physically fit while appearing for the NDA exam.

CDS Exam stands for Combined Defence Academy and this exam is also a defence service exam and this exam are conducted by UPSC and are held every year.
> Candidate must be a citizen of India.

> Candidate who are applying for the CDS exam must strictly be a unmarried male candidate.

> Candidate must have a age limit of 19-24 years.

> Candidate must have finished their respected degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

> Final year candidates can also apply for the CDS exam.

For more information regarding both the exams you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th September 2011, 10:42 PM
Tapan Manoharmayum

Quote:
Yes, you can try as 45% is must but your age should be under 21 as prescribed by upsc for appearing CDS exam.

Thank You!!
16th September 2011, 07:12 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

It is very good to see that you want to join army and want to serve the nation.

After graduation you can join army in officer rank by qualifying examinations like CDS,Short service commission and TGC(Engineers).
For the CDS examination you just need to be a graduate from any recognized university and your age should be between 19 to 24 years.

The TGI and sort service commission is only for the B.Tech graduates.The examinations are conducted twice in a year.For this the age of the candidate should be between 20 to 27 years.

Best Wishes....
15th August 2012, 11:01 PM
MOUSE92

dear,
yes you can join indian army after diploma

you have to give NDA exam it is conducted twice every year

exam procedure:

written

interview

physical test

eligibility:

you have to pass 12th class

you have to be in between 17 to 19 yrs

you should be citizen of india

written exam consist of 2 papers : paper1 consist of maths of 300 marks

other one of 600 marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?