29th September 2015, 10:25 PM
patzz

Is it possible for me to do B.Sc Genetic Engineering right after 12th completion?

Sir/Mam,

Now I am studying in +2 so what I need to do to take B.Sc genitic engineering directly after +2.please help me............ Will there be any problem in taking the course? What would be the minimum criteria? Can someone please answer?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission for Genetic Engineering after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  2. Can I do genetic engineering after studying BSc Agriculture?
  3. Any colleges offering BSc Genetic Engineering in Calicut? Names of the colleges and their contact details? What is the eligibility criteria for genetic engineering?
  4. Best colleges of genetic engineering in India after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How to do genetic engineering after doing 12th with PCM?
  6. After completion of 10th what should be chosen for genetic engineering?
  7. Procedure to get admission for Genetic Engineering course after completion of 12th Class with 97% of marks?
  8. Best course available after BSc Biotechnology? List of the colleges offering genetic engineering course? Which is the entrance exam?
  9. How may I get scheduled date for Bihar SLET exam? I'm from Begusarai(Bihar)
  10. Is it necessary to have Mathematics in 12th for doing Genetic Engineering?
  11. How to do genetic engineering after completing BSc(Botany)?
  12. Can I go for Genetic Engineering after completion of Biomedical Engineering?
  13. Is it possible to do Genetic Engineering after the completion of 10+2 (Medical)?
  14. Can I join genetic engineering after taking BIPC in 12th? -- [New]
  15. What is the qualification for genetic engineering after passing 12th exam? What are the colleges offeirng genetic engineering?
  16. Procedure and eligibility criteria for genetic engineering?
  17. Career options in Genetic Engineering? Can we get a good package in this field? Can I do it after 12th? What is the procedure for it?
  18. How to get admission for BSc Genetic Engineering?
30th September 2015, 02:33 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do B.Sc Genetic Engineering right after 12th completion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzz View Post
Sir/Mam,

Now I am studying in +2 so what I need to do to take B.Sc genitic engineering directly after +2.please help me............ Will there be any problem in taking the course? What would be the minimum criteria? Can someone please answer?
In order to be eligible for this course you need to complete your 10+2 level from recognized board with Biology as one of your main subject. The course duration is for three years. Admission is done on the basis of marks obtained in +2 level and Common Entrance exam marks. Almost all the colleges of India follow this procedure for conducting admission.

So yes, after you finish your 10+2 studies you can apply for B.Sc Genetic Engineering course but see to it that you have Biology, Physics, Maths as your main subjects in 10+2 level.

List of some of the top colleges of B.SC Genetic Engineering are :

- Jadavpur University

- Bangalore University

- Banaras Hindu University

- University of Calicut

- Guru Nank Dev University

- Garden City College of Science and Management etc.
30th September 2015, 09:03 PM
ant man

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do B.Sc Genetic Engineering right after 12th completion?

Yes you can do B.Sc genetic engineering course directly after completing 12th.

For doing B.Sc Genetic engineering course there is eligibility criteria.

1. Candidates must complete 12th with Maths, physics and chemistry or biology, physics and chemistry course.
2. You must complete at least 17 years of age
3. You must complete 12th with minimum 45% marks.

The B.Sc genetic engineering course duration is 3 years with 6 semesters. The admission in the course is based on the CET (common entrance exam) which is conducted once in a year.

The best colleges for taking admission are :
  1. Chandigarh University, Mohali, Punjab
  2. Gopalan College of Engineering and Management (GCEM), Bangalore, Karnataka
  3. Sri Sai Group of Institutes, Punjab
  4. VELS University - Chennai, Tamil Nadu
  5. Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna, Bihar
  6. Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
  7. Indian Institute of Science, (IISc), Bangalore, Karnataka
  8. Kuvempu University, Shivamogga, Karnataka
  9. S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
  10. U. V. Patel College of Engineering, Kherva, Gujarat
1st October 2015, 10:42 AM
kalyansai215

Eligibility Criteria of B.Sc Genetic Engineering :------------

You should completed their 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics

You should have minimum 50% aggregate marks in your 12th

Those who are appearing in the 12th standard may also eligible to apply

Few Specialization in this fields are :-----------

Clinical Genetic
Classical Engineering
Genomics
Molecular Genetics
Behavioral Genetics
Algorith Genetics

List of Top Colleges :--------------

IIT , Mumbai

St. Francis Institute of Technology

Terna Engineering College

Manjara Charitable trust's college of Engineering

A.C Patil College of Engineering

PVPP College of Engineering

Nautical Engineering College

Thank you...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?