13th December 2012, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in IIT after completion of diploma from normal college

is it possible to take admission in iit after completaion of diploma from normal college

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  2. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in civil?
  3. Can I get admission in Mechanical Engineering in IIT college after completion of diploma in Plastic Technology from CIPET in Manipur?
  4. Entrance exams for B.Tech in Hyderabad after Diploma in (ECE) from Chandibhai college, Mumbai? Any issues due to state change?
  5. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in electrical?
  6. How can I join IIT college after completion of 3 years diploma? What is the process to join IIT college?
  7. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  8. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in engineering?
  9. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  10. How to take admission in IIT college in degree? I am a civil diploma holder
  11. Can I get admission in B.E in IIT college after diploma in Electronics Telecommunication? What is the procedure for admission?
  12. Can I get direct admission in IIT college after completing diploma?
  13. How to get admission in IIT after passing diploma?
  14. How to get admission in IIT, Delhi after completing Diploma course? -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering
  16. Can I get admission after diploma ECE in IIT?
  17. What should I do for admission in IITs and NITs after Diploma?
  18. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical? I am studying diploma in governmet polytechnic Karad -- [Most Discussed]
14th December 2012, 09:38 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in IIT after completion of diploma from normal college

Unfortunately it is not possible. The Indian Institute of Technology simply would not accept a diploma candidate for the B.Tech course. This is the rule of IIT which is also followed by National Institute of Technology.

Both these institutes do not offer lateral entry. This rules out your possibility of applying for B.Tech. While NIT offers admission through AIEEE entrance exam, IIT offers admission through IIT-JEE entrance exam.

There is no provision for diploma students to appear for these exams. The criteria for both exams is that candidate should have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Unfortunately diploma course is taken after 10th standard. Besides diploma is not considered equal to 12th standard. This rules out the possibility of diploma students appearing for the AIEEE or IIT-JEE entrance exams.

Besides since IIT does not offer lateral entry, there is no point for diploma student to apply for it. You should simply apply for admission in other colleges. It would be better since they will offer you admission into the second year of B.Tech, something that IIT and NIT does not offer.

So to take admission through lateral entry, you must appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test. This test is conducted in various states of India. The criteria is that candidate must have passed diploma with at least 50 percent marks.

Some colleges reserve seats for lateral entry students who will accept you through LEET entrance exam. You will also come across some colleges that conducts their own written test for admission through lateral entry.
14th December 2012, 02:37 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Is it possible to take admission in IIT after completion of diploma from normal college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it possible to take admission in iit after completaion of diploma from normal college
Dear,

Yes, you can take admission in IIT after diploma in normal engineering course. You will be taken in second year of the engineering directly. This is through lateral entry.

IITs takes lateral entry through GATE. Diploma holder students can take GATE exams and if they qualify it they can take admission in IITs. But for this you really have to do well in GATE. If you manage to get 97 above percentile then only you ave some chances for IITs.

So, rfor it with complete preparation but since its not so easy you can also give LEET exam with this. LEET is lateral entry entrance test. It is conducted at all india and state level for diploma holders who wants to take admission in engineering courses.

Colleges in which you can seek admission after qualifying LEET exam are:
  1. Punjab University,Chandigarh.
  2. Delhi Engineering College,Delhi.
  3. IP University,Delhi.
  4. Punjabi University,Patiala.
  5. Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.
  6. KIITS University,Orissa.
  7. Government College of Engineering,Pune.
  8. Punjab Technical University,Jalandhar.
  9. Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.
  10. Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana.
  11. Guru Teg Bahadur Institute of Technology,Malout.
  12. Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Delhi.

Best of luck!
14th December 2012, 08:19 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in IIT after completion of diploma from normal college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friend,

>> Sorry, you are not get admission in IIT after complete normal diploma.

>> Eligibility

- 12th science passed in Maths, physics, chemistry with minimum 85% up in recognized board,

- After BE you take admission B.tech in IIT.

- Take admission in GATE through.

>> List of IIT colleges.

- IIT Kharagpur.

- IIT Kanpur.

- IIT Bombay.

- IIT Hyderabad.

- IIT Patna.

- IIT Gandhinagar.

- IIT Indor.

- IIT Guwahati.

All the best
14th December 2012, 11:40 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Is it possible to take admission in IIT after completion of diploma from normal college

Hi Friend,

The candidate can apply for JEE online through the JEE webpage during the period of application.

Students with 60 % or more in 3 or 4-year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education are eligible to apply.

Cool Thanks..
25th November 2013, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

is it possible for me to take admission in indian institute of technology, Bombay after doing my civil engineering diploma through any soarce?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?