25th June 2015, 03:25 PM
sai sreekar

Procedure to get transfer from NIT to IIT?

I have Admitted in nit completed 1st year then got rank in iit, now what the procedures i.e., to get tc from nit etc., and any problems

4th July 2015, 04:32 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to get transfer from NIT to IIT?

See, you need to understand one thing, though both NIT's and IIT's are under the Govt. of INDIA, such transfer of institutions is not possible

until and unless

you are talking about the lateral entry.

>> But for that, there are separate seats in every IIT's and you need to clear the cut off of those seats. Normally getting an IIT rank might not be able to fetch you that lateral entry seat.

>> Then the option left with you is to freshly apply for the IIT and drop out of the NIT.
Many students drop off from the colleges. The college should not posses an obstruction in this case.

So, if you are worried about this, then you should not do so and rather enquire about the proper procedures which have to be followed.
5th July 2015, 05:02 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to get transfer from NIT to IIT?

Sorry, The change of Institution is not possible. Both Institutions are under Government of India. You can't change you institution i.e from NIT to IIT.

So, its not possible but you can change your branch under same Institutions after completing the first year. If you are worried then not to do so and study well, you should definitely get your dreams. NIT is also a good Institution so you need not to worry about the Institutions. Just work hard to achieve your goal.

Now a option left that with you is to freshly apply for the IIT and drop out of the NIT. Wish you all the Best for your ahead career
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?