25th May 2010, 01:38 PM

Am I eligible for doing M.Tech after doing MSc Chemistry?

Hello sir/madam... I have finished my M.Sc., Chemistry and i,m having two years of working experience from the food industries... and now i like to do M.Tech in some food related course so please let me know whether i,m having the eligibility of doing M.Tech., if possible then... where and when i can join in M.Tech.,

with regards Adam.K
[email protected]

1st August 2011, 01:35 AM
redhead

Default Re: Am I eligible for doing M.Tech after doing MSc Chemistry?

Yes,you are eligible for the M.Tech course.You can apply for the GATE which is held every year.

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE:

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

Considering your M.Sc in Chemistry, you are eligible for GATE.
Through GATE you can get admission in the M.Tech course in the various IITs if you score good percentile. Other than this you may have to give GD/PI for you admission in the GATE approved colleges.

Best of luck for your examination. Hope you score good.
1st August 2011, 09:25 AM
prashant.jha39
Member+

sorry to say but as per my knowledge to persue M.teh the eligibility required is B.tech and students from other streams even science streams cannot persue this course
1st August 2011, 12:48 PM
dagamahajan

yes you are eligible to sit for mtech exams.
the basic criteria for doing a M.tech in INDIA is that you should hold a bachelor degree in the field of science and must have secured at least 60%(GATE) till your end of the graduation.
1st August 2011, 12:52 PM
dagamahajan

And just to add to the above post you can do M.tech from IIT's and NIT's.These are usually the best in INDIA.Doing from other INSTITUTES wont be that much beneficial.
to get into NIT's and IIT's you need to write GATE exam. some NIT's are even better than some of the new IIT's and even take direct admission if their seats are vacant
1st August 2011, 04:24 PM
rupesh1982

congrats, you can go for mtech in chemical science after your Msc. in chemistry.you can take admission in IIT also after clear the JAM exam.in other universities you can also get admission by entrance test or on the basis of merit based on master degree.
1st August 2011, 04:48 PM
amar.sneh

Yes, you can do M.tech after M.Sc. and any person having Master's degree in Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/Life Science/ related subjects from educational Institutions approved by UGC/ Government.

I found this information from IIT Madras website. which is- http://mtechadm.iitm.ac.in/gelig.php.

Now as far as giving GATE is concerned,I guess you have to write GATE unless and otherwise you have B.Tech or B.E. degree with you.
Why don't you play safer side, just write GATE, it will open many other options for you & who knows if you do pretty good in that, you will be eligible for SCHOLARSHIP!!

Regards,
Amar
Source(s):
http://mtechadm.iitm.ac.in/gelig.php
1st August 2011, 06:09 PM
jitendra1117

hi friend
it sounds good that you have completed your m.sc in chemistry . now if you wanna do m.tech then you can do easily because for m.tech a graduate degree is required and you have already m.sc degree it's sufficient for this . but for it you should crack the GATE exam then you will qualify for m.tech .
1st August 2011, 06:10 PM
jitendra1117

hi friend
it sounds good that you have completed your m.sc in chemistry . now if you wanna do m.tech then you can do easily because for m.tech a graduate degree is required and you have already m.sc degree it's sufficient for this . but for it you should crack the GATE exam then you will qualify for m.tech .
16th August 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

hi sir/madam, i did my M.Sc organic chemistry in the year 2007-09. now i am doing job, but i want to pursue higher education like phd, M.tech(only in IIt's), is it correct decision or not? what is the procedure? which iit's offering M.tech chemistry course could u tell me?
thank you,

regards.

Ramesh kadari

email:[email protected]
2nd September 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

What are the eligibility to do mtech after msc in chemistry?
8th September 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

i heard that the way of m.tech via gate for science students was removed. it is true are wrong
17th March 2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

I completed section A & B exam which is conducted by Institution of Mechanical Engineers (India) am I eligible to write GATE EXAM ?
17th June 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
Yes,you are eligible for the M.Tech course.You can apply for the GATE which is held every year.

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE:

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

Considering your M.Sc in Chemistry, you are eligible for GATE.
Through GATE you can get admission in the M.Tech course in the various IITs if you score good percentile. Other than this you may have to give GD/PI for you admission in the GATE approved colleges.

Best of luck for your examination. Hope you score good.
I m really very thankful for ur suggestion which u have given me b4 2 years... as per ur suggestion now i hav completed my M.Tech., in Polymer nanotechnology from CIPET (Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology) and now i m having an idea to do my Ph.D., further.. i lik to do that in abroad and also i hav scored (C.G.P.A 8.75) good marks... so please giv me a suggestion...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?