29th October 2011, 12:47 PM
shastriprasadmishra

Required age limit for NET Exam?

age limit for net exam
i am interested to appear for this exam.

29th October 2011, 05:50 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required age limit for NET Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastriprasadmishra View Post
age limit for net exam
About NET Examination :

NET : National Eligiblity Test.

This examination is conducted by UGC Comission every year, The examination will held 2 times in a year, the examination will be conducted in June and December every year, The June NET Examination was already Completed and If you are Interested then please apply for December NET Examination.

The last date of apply for December NET Examination was 31/Oct/2011.

The Date for fee submission and date for online application submission is extended Upto 31/Oct/2011 and the Last date for submitting the hard copies of application to the chosen center is extended Upto 08/Nov/2011.

So, If you have completed your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks from a recognised University then you are eligible for NET Examination, Final year graduate candidates are also apply for NET Examination.

Eligible candidates may apply for Lectureship Post and Junior Research Fellowship Post, There is no Age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post, But for Junior Research Fellowship Post, your age should not be more than 28 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

So, please apply for NET Examination soon before the Last date and the december NET Examination will be Held on 24/Dec/2011 and for Complete Information please check the official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in
29th October 2011, 05:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
age limit for net exam
DETAILS ABOUT NET EXAM

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.
29th October 2011, 06:48 PM
abhin91
Member+

According to the rule laid by UGC:
Age Limit and relaxation

There is no upper age limit for candidates appearing only for eligibility for lectureship

Applicants for Junior Research Fellowship should not be more than 28 years of age as on the first day of the month in which the NET Examination is to be held. For example, in case of NET to be held on 20.06.2004, a candidate born on 01.06.1976 or later is eligible because his/her age on 01.06.2004 is exactly 28 years or below; but any candidate born on or before 31.05.1976 shall be considered overage.

Age relaxation for JRF: Age relaxation up to 5 years is available to SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Handicapped (PH) / Visually Handicapped (VH) / Women candidates. Relaxation, up to a maximum of 5 years, supported by a certificate from appropriate authority, is applicable to the candidates for the period spent on research/training in the related/relevant subject of post graduation. Candidates possessing LLM. Degrees are also permitted for relaxation in age up to a maximum of three (3) years. Total age relaxation on above grounds shall not exceed five (5) years under any circumstances.

Fore more information visit:
http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/neteligibility.html
25th December 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

i have done m.com with 53% marks. can i attend this exam in year 2012?
18th January 2012, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

hi, i m pursuing pgdba from welingkar mgmt inst mumbai thru distance learning. my age is 31. So m i eligible to apply for net 2012 exam?
21st January 2012, 04:42 PM
Mechanical Rai

Quote:
age limit for net exam
for net exams
not more than 28 years as on 01.12.2011. for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH categories and to women applicants there is age relaxation for 5 years.
and for lecturership no upper age limit is prescribed.
11th February 2012, 10:23 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

The June NET Examination was already Completed and If you are Interested then please apply for December NET Examination.

The last date of apply for December NET Examination was 31/Oct/2011.
The Date for fee submission and date for online application submission is extended Upto 31/Oct/2011 and the Last date for submitting the hard copies of application to the chosen center is extended Upto 08/Nov/2011.If you have completed your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks from a recognised University then you are eligible for NET Examination
5th April 2012, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

i got 53%in MA &75%in mphil shuld im able for net exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?