18th January 2012, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Age limit to apply for CDS exam? What is the maximum age limit?

sir this is prateek tiwari i want full details abt the age limit to apply cds exam/what is the maxm age required that i can appear cds exam

18th January 2012, 08:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age limit to apply for CDS exam? What is the maximum age limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir this is prateek tiwari i want full details abt the age limit to apply cds exam/what is the maxm age required that i can appear cds exam
I Think you are Interested to apply for CDS Examination. To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognized University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for CDS Examination.

This examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year. For this year CDS (I) Examination Notification was already declared and the last date of apply for this examination was already over.

The Recruitment of examination will be based on these Academy :

>> IMA (Indian Military Academy) : You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized University and your age should between 19 to 24 Years.

>> For Naval Academy : You have to complete your Graduate degree course with Maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects and your age should between 19 to 22 Years.

>> For Air Force Academy : You must have to complete your Graduate degree course with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects and your age should between 19 to 23 Years.

>> For OTA (Officers Training Academy) : You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized University and your age should between 19 to 25 years.

Please apply for CDS Examination as per your Eligibility Criteria.

The Notification of CDS (I) 2012 Notification was already Published and the last date of apply for this examination was already Over. So You cant fill the CDS Application form Online.

So, Please wait for the CDS (II) Examination Notification and then fill the application form Online. But Before fill the Online application form You have to Remit The fees Online by any one of the Modes.

How to Pay the CDS Examination Fees :

The application fees of CDS Examination is Rs 100 and you have to pay the fees through :

>> Pay the fees by SBI Debit/Credit Card Online
>> Pay the fees through SBI Net Banking
>> Or Direct Submit fees in SBI Branches near by your area.

After Pay the fees, You are eligible to fill Online application form of CDS, So, please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form Online.

There is No Offline Facility from this year, So please fill the application form Online and if you need more Information then check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
18th January 2012, 08:29 PM
adithyaparavastu

Minimum academic qualifications prescribed: A Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or forestry or Engineering of a recognised University or equivalent.
Age Limits: 21-30 years as on 01.07.2011

how to apply?

UPSC release the notifications in the leading newspapers or in their website regarding the recruitment of the candidates.once the notification is released you need to download the application form from the UPSC website must fill the application form along with the application form you need to submit your 10+2 certificates and posted it to the address given in the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.

all da best join army make country proud.
18th January 2012, 08:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CDS stand for Combined Defence Service exam .This exam is conduct twice time ina year.UPSC conduct this exam.Details of this exam is given below.
CDS Educational Qualifications :

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.

(B) Age-limits:

19-24 Years Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years Naval Academy
19-23 Years Air Force Academy
19-25 Years Officers’ Training Academy

Scheme of Examination:

Written Examination
(a) For Indian Military Academy , Naval Academy and Air Force Academy

1. English (Objective type) 100 Marks
2. General Knowledge (Objective type) 100 Marks
3. Elementary Mathematics (Objective type) 100 Marks

Total 300 Marks

(b) For Officers’ Training Academy

1. English (Objective type) 100 Marks
2. General Knowledge (Objective type) 100 Marks

Total 200 Marks

Marks for SSB Interviews
IMA, NA and AFA 300 marks
OTA 200 Marks

C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012

Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 02.06.2012/02.07.2012
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 16.09.2012

C.D.S. EXAM.(I), 2012

Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 29.10.2011/28.11.2011
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 12.02.2012

I have attached the syllabus for CDS exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: docx CDS Examination Syllabus....docx(13.3 KB, 336 views)
18th January 2012, 08:59 PM
anlakshmi

The Union Public Service Commission will hold the Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2012 on 12.02.2012 for admission to the following courses:

1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 250 Vacancies
134th Course commencing in January , 2013 [including 32 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders].

2. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala 40 Vacancies
Course Commencing in January , 2013 Executive (General Service) {including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC 'C' Certificate holders (Naval Wing)}.

3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad 32 Vacancies
(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January , 2013 i.e. No. 193rd F(P) Course.

4. Officers Training Academy, Chennai 175 Vacancies
97th SSC Course (for Men) commencing in April 2013

5. Officers Training Academy, Chennai 30 Vacancies
11th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in April 2013
Salient features of the examination are published herein for general information of candidates. For details regarding the eligibility conditions, syllabus and scheme of the examination, centers of examination, guidelines for filling up application form etc aspirants must consult the detailed notice of the examination published in the employment news/rozgar samachar

Conditions of eligibility

Age limits, sex and marital status

(i) For Indian Military Academy -Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1994 only are eligible.
(ii) Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 (2nd January, 1989 in case of NCC Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders) and not later than 1st January, 1994 only are eligible.
(iii) For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January, 1994 only are eligible.
(iv) For Officers' Training Academy- (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st January, 1994 only are eligible.
(v) For Officers Training Academy - (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st January, 1994.

Educational qualifications

Educational Qualifications :
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. (with Physics or Mathematics) for NCC entry.
(iii) For Air Force Academy : Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg. CDSE Entry, West Block III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR”, (OI & R Section) Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan,Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled.
(i) For admission to IMA, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy on or before 13th November, 2012.
(ii) For admission to Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st February, 2013.
Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he/she possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his/her admission to the examination.
Candidates who are studying in final year degree course and have yet to pass final year degree examination or equivalent examination can apply for the examination, but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination or equivalent examination by the specified dates published in commission’s notice for the examination
Physical standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the physical standards for admission to combined defence services examination (I), 2012 as given in appendix-V of commission’s notice for the examination published in employment news/rozgar samachar

How to apply

FEE :

Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only)
either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/ Master Credit/Debit Card.
For the applicants in whose case payments detials have not been received from the bank they will be treated as fictitious payment cases and a list of all such applicants shall be made available on the Commission website within two weeks after the last day of sumission of online application. These applicants shall also be intimated through e-mail to submit copy of proof of their payment to the Commission at the address mentioned in the e-mail. The applicant shall be required to submit the proof within 10 days from the date of such communication either by hand or by speed post to the Commission. In case, no response is received from the applicant their application shall be summarily rejected and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.

ALL FEMALE CANDIDATES AND CANDIDATES BELONGING TO SCHEDULED CASTES/SCHEDULED TRIBES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY ANY FEE. NO FEE EXEMPTION IS, HOWEVER, AVAILABLE TO OBC CANDIDATES AND THEY ARE REQUIRED TO PAY THE FULL PRESCRIBED FEE.

NOTE 1 : Applications without the prescribed Fee (Unless remission of Fee is claimed) shall be summarily rejected.

NOTE 2 : Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.

APPLICATION PROCESS

Candidates are required to apply On-line using the link http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications,
then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, phoograph,
signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications
should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be
entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted
against any other RID.
All candidates whether already in Government Service including candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Government owned industrial undertakings or other
similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission.
N.B.I Persons already in Government service, whether in permanent ortemporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated
employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are, however, required to inform their Head of Office/Department in writing that they have applied for the Examination.
N.B.II Candidates serving in the Armed Forces are required to inform their Commanding Officer in writing that they have applied for this examination.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/
appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/ candidatures will be liable to be cancelled.
NOTE : APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE PRESCRIBED FEE (UNLESS REMISSION
OF FEE IS CLAIMED AS IN PARA 4 ABOVE) OR INCOMPLETE OR DEFECTIVE APPLICATIONS SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.

No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to submit alongwith their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC and fee remission etc.
The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination.
Their Admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. written examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the written examination or Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
“Controller of Examinations, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069

IMPORTANT DATES

LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : The Online Applications can be filled upto 28th November, 2011 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
Date of CDS Exam (I) 2012 Notification : 29.10.2011
Last date for receipt of form: 28.11.2011
CDS Entrance Test Date: 12.02.2012
Test Centers
Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizwal, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kolkata, Thiruvanandehradun, Lucknow, Thapuram, Delhi, Madurai, Tirupati, Dharwad, Mumbai, Udaipur, Dispur, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam

Complete Info available at UPSC website
18th January 2012, 09:27 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

CDS is an examination which can be expanded as Combined Defense Service. This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission commonly called as UPSC. On clearing this exam you can join in any of the defense services of Indian namely Army, Navy or Air force. To appear in this exam you need to fulfill some requirements. They are

1. Your age must be above 19yrs and below 23yrs.

2. You must be a graduate of any discipline from any recognized university.
Moreover you must be a graduate of science stream if you want to join in
Indian Navy or Air force.

This exam is conducted twice in a year. By clearing this exam you can enter into any of the defense services as higher official itself.
3rd April 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

can i gi ve this exam if my subject is arts
3rd April 2012, 09:21 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years.

There is different age limit for four wings of CDS:-

Indian Military Academy- 19 to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 to 23 years

Indian Officer's Training Academy-19 to 25 years

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th April 2012, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

CAN FEMALE CANDIDATES ALSO APPLY FOR IMA,INA,IAFA.
15th April 2012, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I want to know that If I Try for IMA and in examination, i passed Two subjects (English and GK) and failed in Maths. In this condition I am failed in all the subjects or I recommended for OTA chennai?
17th May 2012, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

can any one join cds,from regional medium school?
23rd May 2012, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

What is the age limit to appear in cds exam for any defence
Personnel
7th June 2012, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

i want to pay the fee for cds examination through sbi bank but how to pay the fee on whoes name should we pay it should v take a d.d on the name off upsc examination on or should we deposite the amount in some ones account
7th June 2012, 08:28 PM
kinnarnara

hi,
cds exam stands for combined defence service.
Cds exam is conducted by upsc twice, in a year.
Eligblity for cds exam;
>you have passed graduate from a recognized university in any stream.
>age limit is 21 to 30 years.
You must be indian citizen.
For more,
www.upsc.gov.in
7th June 2012, 09:41 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

CDS means COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICe this exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year the age limit for this exam is 19 to 24 years.CDS exam have thre wings those are:

1.Indian army

2.Indian navy

3.Indian air force

The following shows the eligibility criteria for Cds exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

1.QUALIFICATION:Graduation

2.AGE LIMIT:19 to 24 years

3.NATIONALITY:Indian

4.GENDER: Only unmarried male candidates are applicable

5.Candidate should be physically fit.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:
1.Written test

2.Personal interview

3.Medical test.

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK....
16th June 2012, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Sarita Sharma...........sir i m Btech IT pass out student and my age is 24 ..whether i am applicable to fill this form
18th June 2012, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i am subhash from ranchi,jharkhand.
Right now i am persuing diploma in mechanical engineering through DEP. after this i want to complete my b-tech course but till then my age will be approx 27 years.
at that time for which type of defence services can i apply..
plz reply about my question in my e-mail [email protected]

thankyou.
1st July 2012, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I know that the age limit for ota emam is 19 to 25, but I want to know that is there any special age relaxation for those cadidates who is already serving in central departments ?
1st July 2012, 07:23 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

To sit for the CDS entrance exam you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.

CDS entrance exam eligibility criteria:-

1. For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy:
>You should have a Degree from a recognized university or equivalent
>Age:-19-24 years.

2. For Naval Academy:
>You should have done your B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering
>Age:- 19-22 years

3. For Air Force Academy:
>You should have a Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.
>Age:- 19-23 years

The CDS candidates needs to be physically fit as well.

For more information log onto this website:- http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th July 2012, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

Sir, UTTARAKHAND OPEN UNIVERSITY/ IGNOU (Non-Formal) Graduate is eligible for IAS, PCS, CDS & CA etc.?
13th October 2012, 10:38 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

> CDS - Combined Defence Services
>>> Introduction :-

The Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year (In February and September) for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Officers' Training Academy (OTA), Naval Academy (NA) and Air Force Academy (AFA).
The Notifications will be released in the month of October and June.
>>> Eligibility Criteria :-
~~> Educational Qualification :-

> For recruitment in Indian Military Academy (IMA) and Officers' Training Academy (OTA), you must have completed graduation from a recognized University.
> For recruitment in Air Force Academy, you must have completed degree from a recognized university and you should have taken physics and mathematics at 10+2 level or you have completed graduation in engineering.
> For recruitment in Naval academy, you must have completed degree in engineering for CDSE or B. Sc.
~>> Age Limit :
> For OTA (Officer Training Academy) : 19 to 25 years
> For IMA (Indian Military Academy): 19 to 24 years
> For NA (Naval Academy) : 19 to 22 years
> For AFA (Air Force Academy) : 19 to 23 years.
14th October 2012, 01:33 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

The Notification for the CDS examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam.

Age-limits:
19-24 Years Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years Naval Academy
19-23 Years Air Force Academy
19-25 Years Officers’ Training Academy

Final year candidates can also apply for the CDS exam. There is no restriction of percentage in graduation to apply for CDS exam.
You must be an Indian. You should be mentally and physically fit in all respect.
If you satisfy the above mentioned conditions you can apply for the CDS exam.

Thanks.......
3rd November 2012, 11:38 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Friend,

* The Acronym "CDS" stands for Combined Defence Services.

The CDS Exam is conducted twice Every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

The Eligibility Criteria for CDS Exam is mentioned below :

a) Educational Qualifications : Graduation from any recognized college/university.

b) Age Limit : 18-24 years.

c) Nationality : Indian

d) Physical Standards : You must be Fit.

Hope the above mentioned will provide you the information you were searching for.
10th November 2012, 01:07 PM
ritz777

I tried to apply for CDSE- I 2013 exam online. I was asked to fill in preferences of the academies. I entered '1' for AFA and '0' for others and clicked continue.
The dialog box said "as per the given date of birth you are not eligible for AFA, please enter "0" against AFA for preference", though my DOB is 28-07-1990
which is under the required limits.
Please guide me
10th November 2012, 06:09 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Hai,

CDS Stands Combined Defence Service

CDS Exam Wings following Academies :

Indian Military Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Officer's Training Academy

CDS Eligibility :

IMA & Officer's Training Academy :

Any Degree from a Recognized University or Equivalent

Indian Naval Academy :

Degree in Engineering or B.Sc with Physics or Maths

Air Force Academy :

Degree from a recognized University & complete 12th stands with Physics & Maths

Age limit :

IMA : 19 to 24 years
Naval Academy : 19 to 22 years
Air Force Academy : 19 to 23 years
Officer's Training Academy : 19 to 25 years

Selection Process :

Written Test
SSB Interview
Medical Test

CDS exam details

all the best.............
11th November 2012, 11:54 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Age limit to apply for CDS exam? What is the maximum age limit?

Quote:

Details on CDS

The Combined Defense Services Exam is conducted by UPSC every year in the months of February and September..

Eligibility Criterion :-

A candidate can appear for CDS only if :-

>> Candidate is in the final year of graduation or must have already completed his graduation..

>> Candidates must be in the following age limits :-

Indian Navy : 19-22 years
Indian Military Academy : 19-23 years
Indian Air Force : 19-24 years
Officer's Training Academy : 19-25 years

There will be 3 papers based on :-

>> Elementary Maths
>> General Awareness
>> English

The next CDS exam is going to be conducted on 17th February,2013

The forms are already out and shall be available till 10th December,2012..

For any more details on the exam you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

I have attached some of the latest question papers which will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-1 ENGLISH 2012.pdf(543.5 KB, 157 views)
File Type: pdf CDS-1 GK 2012.pdf(2.00 MB, 233 views)
File Type: pdf CDS-1 MATHS 2012.pdf(729.6 KB, 340 views)
15th November 2012, 02:09 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend........

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service

This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission

Age Limit for CDS examination

Indian Military Academy - 19 years to 24 years

Air Force Academy - 19 years to 23 years

Naval Academy - 19 years to 22 years

Officers Training Academy - 19 years to 25 years

all the best..........

Regards.......
Tash
15th November 2012, 09:36 PM
azhardon

I Think you are Interested to apply for CDS Examination. To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognized University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for CDS Examination.

This examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year. For this year CDS (I) Examination Notification was already declared and the last date of apply for this examination was already over.

The Recruitment of examination will be based on these Academy :

>> IMA (Indian Military Academy) : You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized University and your age should between 19 to 24 Years.

>> For Naval Academy : You have to complete your Graduate degree course with Maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects and your age should between 19 to 22 Years.

>> For Air Force Academy : You must have to complete your Graduate degree course with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects and your age should between 19 to 23 Years.

>> For OTA (Officers Training Academy) : You have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized University and your age should between 19 to 25 years.

Please apply for CDS Examination as per your Eligibility Criteria.

The Notification of CDS (I) 2012 Notification was already Published and the last date of apply for this examination was already Over. So You cant fill the CDS Application form Online.

So, Please wait for the CDS (II) Examination Notification and then fill the application form Online. But Before fill the Online application form You have to Remit The fees Online by any one of the Modes.

How to Pay the CDS Examination Fees :

The application fees of CDS Examination is Rs 100 and you have to pay the fees through :

>> Pay the fees by SBI Debit/Credit Card Online
>> Pay the fees through SBI Net Banking
>> Or Direct Submit fees in SBI Branches near by your area.

After Pay the fees, You are eligible to fill Online application form of CDS, So, please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form Online.

There is No Offline Facility from this year, So please fill the application form Online and if you need more Information then check official website :
15th November 2012, 10:54 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands Combined Defence Academy
This exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year

CDS exam wing following Academies :

Indian Military Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Officer's Training Academy

Eligibility :

Indian Military Academy & Officer's Training Academy: Degree of a recognized university or equivalent
Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE & Degree in Engineering or B.Sc
Indian Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized university & 10+2 level with Physics & Maths

Age Limit :

IMA : 19 to 24 years
Naval Academy : 19 to 22 years
Air force Academy : 19 to 23 years
OTA : 19 to 25 years

Selection Process :

Written Test
Interview
Medical Test

15th November 2012, 11:39 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam conducted by upsc twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate should be citizen of india.

Candidate should complete the Graduation from any recognized university.

Candidate age limit should be between 19 to 24 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Female candidates are not eligible.

Candidate should no limit of attempts for this exam.

Candidate should physically and medically fit for this exam.

Selection Process:

Written Test
Medical Test
Personal Interview

all the best.
30th April 2013, 02:13 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
CDS --> (Combined Defence Service)

It's Common Defence Entrance Examination which is Conducted by (Union Public Service Commission).. This Entrance Examination is Conducted Every Twice in a year ..

This CDS Entrance Examination having four Wings namely ,,

-Indian Military Academy
-Indian Navy Academy
-Indian Airforce Wing
-Indian Officer Training Academy

Qualification Required for CDS Entrance Examination :-

Academic Qualification :-

~~ For Army and Officer Training Academy :-

Graduation course in any desire subject from recognized university .. Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination .. no Restriction in Specialization for Army and Navy Wing ..

For Navy and Airforce Wing :-

Graduation course in science stream with Physics and Mathematics as Main Subject from recognized university and you should Complete Bachelor degree course like B.E,B.Tech Course ..

Age Criteria :-

~~ Age should be Minimum 19 years to 24 years to appear in Army Wing
~~ Age should be Minimum 19 years to 25 years to appear in Officer Training Academy
~~ Age should be Minimum 19 years to 22 years to appear in Navy Wing
~~ Age should be Minimum 19 years to 23 years to appear in Airforce Wing

Dates for CDS Entrance Examination :-

~~ Notification Date: 25/5/2013
~~ Last Date of Application: 24/6/2013
~~ Exam Date: 08/9/2013
10th May 2013, 12:47 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend CDS stand for Combined Defence Service exam .
This exam is conduct twice time in a year.
UPSC conduct this exam.
Details of this exam is given below.
CDS exam have three wings those are:-
1.Indian army

2.Indian navy

3.Indian air force

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military Academy-

Candidate must be pass Graduation degree from a recognized University.

For Naval Academy-

Candidate must have pass B.Sc with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

For Air Force Academy-

Candidate must have to pass Graduatin degree from a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

Age limit:-

Age should be 19 to 23 years

For more information log onto this website:- http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best..........
15th May 2013, 10:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for CDS exam if you are a Graduate from a recognised University.

Those who want to join Indian Air Force or Navy must be from Physics and Maths field.

Age Limit for CDS exam:

Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 23 years

Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years

Indian Military Academy - 19 to 24 years

Officers' Training Academy - 19 to 25 years

Mode Of Selection:

-Objective Type Paper

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

For more information visit http://www.indianarmy.nic.in
10th February 2014, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

respected sir, i am sachin johny...my date of birth is 11 may 1990..i appeared for cds exam for ota in feb,sir kindly tell me how man more attempts can i give for ota?
22nd March 2014, 10:51 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

CDS Exam is the common written exam for the candidates to be placed in the following defence services
Indian Military Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Officers Training Academy

Graduation is the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to apply for this Exam.

The age criteria will be as follows
19-24 years of age for Military Academy
19-22 years of age for Naval Academy
19-23 years of age for Air Force Academy
19-25 years of age for Officers Training Academy

No relaxation will be provided in upper age limit for the candidates of any category.

To apply for Navy and Air Force, it is must that you should have gone through Mathematics or Physics as compulsory subjects.

Choose the defence service as per your interest and have good preparation for the written exam.

Wish you all the best.
28th June 2014, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,my name is ayush,i am giving my 2 exam in 2014 from up board of high school and intermediate educaton,now my age is 23,actualy is due to some financial problems i had to abandoned my study in the middle,so sir i wan to know that what is the last age limit for cds exam cuz sir after my 2 i will complete my btech degree which is essential for cds exam,that time i think my age will be 27to 28,that time can i appear for cds exam with this age,actualy sir i am very passionate abou defence,plz sir answer me soon.My email id is [email protected]
19th June 2016, 02:16 PM
shaifyt

sir, i understood that the age limit for naval academy is 19-22 years. but is that mean, those under 22 can appear for the exam to get to naval academy or 22 is the age limit at the date commencement of the course. iam confused becas someplace it shows 'at the time of commencement of course'. please answer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?