14th April 2011, 11:12 AM
saishwari

What is the maximum age limit to write NET SET exam? Am I eligible for it at the age of 27?

I HAve completed Mba finance my age is 27 so i want to ask what is the maximum age to write net set exams.Please guide me what is maximum age...

28th May 2011, 11:00 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the maximum age limit to write NET SET exam? Am I eligible for it at the age of 27?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishwari View Post
I HAve completed Mba finance my age is 27 so i want to ask what is the maximum age to write net set exams.Please guide me what is maximum age...
Hey friend,

Eligibility for NET :
  1. The candidate must finish their Master's degree from a recognized university with 55% aggregate.For SC/ST/VH/PH candidates it is 50%.
  2. The candidates must appear with the subjects of their post graduation only.

Thank you.
30th May 2011, 05:13 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the maximum age limit to write NET SET exam? Am I eligible for it at the age of 27?

NET : National Eligibility Test

Coming to maximum age limit criteria
->If you are applying for Lectureship there is no upper age limit.

->Applicants for Junior Research Fellowship the max age limit is 28 years . that is you should not be more than 28 years.

There is relaxation for reserved categories like SC/ST/OBC etc..,

for SC/ST the relaxation in upper age limit is upto 5 years.

Candidates possessing LLM degrees are also relaxed for 3 years

OBC candidates are also relaxed for 5 years.

PH/VH/Women all these categories relaxed upto 5 years depending upon their research.

this is all about the age eligibility criteria

Regards

~A~
30th May 2011, 05:33 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the maximum age limit to write NET SET exam? Am I eligible for it at the age of 27?

UGC conduct the net exam twice in a year in month of june and december.

Qualification :- post graduation with 55% marks in any subject.

Age limit :- for jrf, not more than 28 (age relatation for sc/st/obc).
for lecturership there is no upper age limit.

if you want to get more detail then you can visit this site :- www.ugc.ac.in
30th May 2011, 09:05 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What is the maximum age limit to write NET SET exam? Am I eligible for it at the age of 27?

Hi friend,

The following is the eligibility criteria about age limit for NET SET exam

Eligibility:

Age Limit : The upper age limit for being eligible for the test is as under :

(a) For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF):

Candidate should be 28 years for December / June Exam of the

corresponding year, relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging

to SC/ST/OBC,physically handicapped and women applicants.

(b) For Lecturership:

There is no upper age limit

SO FRIEND SINCE YOUR AGE IS 27 ONLY YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR NET SET
EXAM
31st May 2011, 12:17 AM
mandiv

Default Re: What is the maximum age limit to write NET SET exam? Am I eligible for it at the age of 27?

hello
the upper age limit for NET is 28 years so you can definitely apply for it
all the best
31st May 2011, 02:52 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NET i.e National Eligibility Test.

Junior Research Fellowship :

Maximum 28 Yrs for General candidates.

Maximum 33 Yrs for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates.

Lectureship : There is no Upper Age limit.

The candidate should have a minimum 55% Marks In Master degree.

Final year of Master degree may also Eligible to Apply.
24th July 2011, 06:56 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Hello dear,
JRF 28 age , so you can write for one more year only.but you can write NET/SET till 35 years.

Best wishes,
Gita.
29th December 2011, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Hi

I have done my M.B.A In Travel ,Tourism and Hospitality management from the private university of Nagaland . can I sit for Net exam having prepared.what is the maximum age limit for that . kindly acknowledge ..........
30th December 2011, 12:09 PM
abhisek.sonu

Hey friend,

Eligibility for NET :
The candidate must finish their Master's degree from a recognized university with 55% aggregate.For SC/ST/VH/PH candidates it is 50%.
The candidates must appear with the subjects of their post graduation only.

Thank you.
8th January 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit for set ?
15th February 2012, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

i have done MBA with distinction in hr management this year and want to do Phd. My age is 39 years
19th March 2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

I am 45 years old and will complete my postgraduation in pol.sc. in june 2012 from ignou, am i eligible to appear in NET or SET exams.
7th June 2012, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

hello...
i would like to know what is the maximum age limit for women in taking NET exam with JRF???
11th June 2012, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

I HAve completed Mba finance my age is 38 so i want to ask what is the maximum age to write net set exams.Please guide me what is maximum age...[/QUOTE]
11th June 2012, 11:29 PM
mnbgvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I HAve completed Mba finance my age is 38 so i want to ask what is the maximum age to write net set exams.Please guide me what is maximum age...
[/QUOTE]

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

UGC NET consists of three papers

1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

Second paper will check only after qualifying the first paper and third paper will checked after qualifying the second paper.

21st July 2012, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

i AM 38 YEARS OLD AN obc with 58% .aM i ELIGIBLE TO SIT IN net?
27th December 2012, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

I am 30 years old,Am I eligible to sit in SET exam
27th December 2012, 08:54 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

In case you are applying for Junior Research Fellowship the maximum age limit is 28 years.

You should not be more than 28 years.

There is age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates.

For SC/ST the relaxation age is 5 years.

For OBC candidates the relaxation age is 3 years.

In case you are applying for Lectureship there is no age limit.

Thank you,

All the best.
27th December 2012, 09:04 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET/SET - Net Eligibility Test/State Eligibility Test conducted by UGC for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

There is no upper age restriction to those applying for NET SET Lectureship but for those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years. So at the age of 27 years you will be eligible for NET SET exam provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate) can apply for NET SET.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
27th December 2012, 10:33 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i AM 38 YEARS OLD AN obc with 58% .aM i ELIGIBLE TO SIT IN net?
YES, you are eligible to give the UGC NET exam as well as the SET exams.

Educational Qualifications: Post Graduation pass with Minimum 55% marks .
55% marks is required for General and OBC candidates.
50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

If you want to apply for the lectureship than there is no upper age cap.

The next UGC NET exams will be held in june 2013
Notification will come out in march 2013

There are 94 subjects in which NET exams can be given
28th December 2012, 06:43 AM
kiruthika m.m

NET stands for National Eligiblity Test

It is conducted by UGC twice every year in JUNE and DECEMBER month for Lecturership and Junior Rresearch Fellowship.

NET exam schedule for those candidate who want to make carrer in Lecturership or Research.

Eligiblity criteria :-

Educational Qualification -- You should complete your postgraduate degree with any disipline for both JRF and Lecturer exam.Minimum percentage for net exam is 55%.

Age Limit -- For Lecturer, minimum age is 21 and in maximum there is no limit.
For JRF,age should between 21 to 28 years for general.OBC,SC/ST candidate get relaxation in upper age limit accroding to norms of ugc.

There is no limit in Attempts for both JRF and Lecturership exam.

For latest updates and notification visit on this site -- www.ugc.ac.in
28th December 2012, 03:53 PM
aashuswapn

Eligibility for NET SET exam :

The candidate must finish their Master's degree from a recognized university with 55% aggregate.For SC/ST/VH/PH candidates it is 50%.
The candidates must appear with the subjects of their post graduation only.
29th December 2012, 02:54 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the maximum age limit to write NET SET exam? Am I eligible for it at the age of 27?

Quote:

Age Limit For NET/SET

The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted every year by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in the months of June and December..

A candidate can appear for the NET/SET Exam only if :-

>> The candidate has completed post graduation from a recognized institution with an aggregate of 55% for general/OBC and 50% for SC/ST/PD..

>> Candidates must be less than 28 years of age if applying for Junior Research Fellowship..no upper age limit for lectureship..

You will be facing 3 papers..

Paper-1 = 50 questions in 75 minutes..

Paper-2 = 50 questions in 75 minutes..

Paper-3 = 75 questions in 120 minutes..

You can also Click Here for detailed info on the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
1st April 2014, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

My age is 43. If I give net and if I pass will I be eligible to become a Lecturer?
4th June 2014, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

What are the books or study material for whom who has applied for net exam in management and in commerce
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?