11th October 2011, 07:01 PM
sbsmanian

Rules and regulations for IPS and Civil engineering entrance exam? How to apply for it?

hallo sir/madam,
good morning , i am bala, i want to know rules and regulation for ips and civil examinations entrance exam, how to apply tell me please more details. thanks for you sir.........

Related Questions:
  1. Names of the books to be referred for Civil Services Examination? Rules and regulations to appear for the Civil Services Examination?
  2. How to apply for summer training in IIT Delhi? What are the rules and regulations?
  3. Rules and Regulations to apply for Ph.D program in Anna University? How to apply for this course?
  4. What is the scope of BBS? What are the rules and regulations of the course?
  5. What's the procedure to apply for IPS exam? List of the top training institutes in Noida for the same? I am persuing B.Tech(final year) with civil engineering stream
  6. Rules and regulations to join Diploma Engineering in Bangalore for a candidate of Kolkata?
  7. Rules and regulations to qualify in 12th WBCHSE Board exam
  8. Is it possible to do B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  9. Rules and regulations to reappear in ISC Board exam?
  10. Rules and regulations to do PhD for MBA(Finance) postgraduate?
  11. How to get a government seat in Siddha Medicine(BSMS)? What are the rules and regulations?
  12. Rules and regulations to change school in 12th?
  13. Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  14. Civil Services Examination Civil Engineering (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. How many subjects do I have to prepare for GATE exam? Rules and regulations for appearing for GATE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What are the rules and regulations to seek admission in Mumbai colleges for engineering after MHT CET test
  17. How to become an IPS officer after doing civil engineering? Books to be referred?
  18. Information on how to write the IPS entrance exam? Books to be read for the exam?
12th October 2011, 08:24 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Rules and regulations for IPS and Civil engineering entrance exam? How to apply for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsmanian View Post
hallo sir/madam,
good morning , i am bala, i want to know rules and regulation for ips and civil examinations entrance exam, how to apply tell me please more details. thanks for you sir.........
IPS : Indian Police Service
Its not an exam it is one of the top Indian civil service.
To get the post as IPS officer you have to clear an examination called UPSC Civil Service Exam.

To clear this exam you have to satisfy two eligible conditions they are .

->you should be an Indian national.

->you should complete your graduation degree with your 21 years of minimum age.

For IPS you should be physically fit.
Nothing will change in the exam pattern till you get selected for IPS service at the end by UPSC.

Then after getting selected for IPS you will be tested separately other than that of Other civil service aspirants.
you will have a tough physical fitness test and a common medical tests by dedicated teams of UPSC.

Regarding getting registered for this entrance examination you have to wait for notification.
After getting notification you will have to apply through offline or online mode

if you want to get registered in online mode you need to log on to this website.
www.upsconline.com

to get registered in online mode.

If you want to apply in offline method then you can get the application forms in all the head post offices for your area.

this is how one need to apply for Civil Service exam.
Here I'm attaching a file for your information. about eligibility criteria and Physical requirements from a aspirant.

All the best for your selection in to Indian Police service.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Noti....pdf(346.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: txt physical requirements.txt(2.9 KB, 102 views)
12th October 2011, 09:29 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Rules and regulations for IPS and Civil engineering entrance exam? How to apply for it?

Hello Bala,

Following is the eligibility criteria, which you must fulfill to be eligible for the civil service exam:

You must be a graduate, in any stream.
You must have attained the age of 21 years.
Your age must not be over 30 years.

Following are the ways through which you can apply for the exam:

You may obtain the application form from the designated post office and head post office.

You may apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in.

The examination comprise of three stages:
Civil Service Aptitude Test
Main Exam
Interview

For further information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
27th October 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Rules and regulations for IPS and Civil engineering entrance exam? How to apply for it?

If ihave complete b.com degree in25 year what to do
31st October 2011, 12:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsmanian View Post
hallo sir/madam,
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.
2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.
a) General studies -----150 marks
b)From Optional subject -------300 marks
3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam
4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.

EXAM DATE:-
Notification Date - 04/02/2012
Last date of application - 05/03/2012
Preliminary examination - 20/05/2012.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?