29th April 2011, 08:46 PM
Mayank Shekhar

In schools more stress is given on sports and extra curricular activities or just studies?

I want to know whether in schools more stress should be given on sports and extra co curricular activities or just studies?

Related Questions:
  1. Is Extra curricular activities important for overall development of school students? -- [New]
  2. Extra curricular activities to add achievements to resume for B.Tech 3rd year student interested in joining MBA?
  3. How to actively participate in co-curricular activities during school time?
  4. Opportunities for extra-curricular activities in Painting? Information on other extra-curricular activities like Olympiads etc?
  5. Do premier B Schools give weightage to extra curricular activities for admissions?
  6. Whether GRE is sufficient to study in Abroad or extra curricular activities are necessary?
  7. Minimum percentage required for BSc(General) for ST candidates? Is there any extra quota for extra curricular activities?
  8. Is Vasantdada Patil Engineering College of Sion Mumbai a good college in terms of placement, education quality and facilities?
  9. CBSE affiliated schools which offer admission in 7th standard and possess curricular activities in Hyderabad?
  10. St. Xavier's or St. Aloysius, which among them is better to study in Rimjha?
  11. Whether the marks of school and graduation will affect at the time of admission if secured good marks in CAT?
  12. How can I get job after B.Tech in Food Technology? Can I improve my extra curricular activities?
  13. Facilities offered and student condition for B.Sc Nursing course?
  14. What is the procedure followed to get admission in central school?
  15. Age limit for placement in Infosys? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Should I keep my backlog in B.Tech final year in my Resume or not?
  17. Information regarding the Competitive Exams for the candidates after completion of 7th standard?
  18. Details about doing B.Com Hons? How many subjects are there in the subject of B.Com Hons?
17th June 2011, 11:34 AM
swarupdey89

Default Re: In schools more stress is given on sports and extra curricular activities or just studies?

hello sir
there is a wise saying that: "All work and no play makes jack a dull boy"

so study is important in no doubt but extra curriculum activities engage you in some ways that you can know better that only bookish knowledge...

so study as much as possible then be part of your school events...participate in different activities...it will make you more healthy in body and in mind also....

so study ad play or study like a play..you will enjoy it...

best of luck for your future...
11th August 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: In schools more stress is given on sports and extra curricular activities or just studies?

what type of extra curricular activities can i put in my resum?i have won rangoli & painting compition on my school but i don't have certificate of it.
13th August 2011, 08:33 PM
Bmsri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayank Shekhar View Post
I want to know whether in schools more stress should be given on sports and extra co curricular activities or just studies?
In most of the schools ,importance is given only to the studies and not to sports and extracurricular activities.It a wrong approach of the school.Due to this the students gets frustrated and they are not active.
Generally the student of 10th ,11th and 21th are generally affected the most and do not allowed even for some time for extracurricular activity.
Every schools should give equal importance to both studies and sports,this helps the students to keep both physical and mental fitness.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?