17th June 2014, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Whether the marks of school and graduation will affect at the time of admission if secured good marks in CAT?

sir
if i hv got less marks in my schooling and college
and i crack cat exam with a gud score,
wil i b able to get admission or my
school and graduation marks wil affect it?

19th June 2014, 02:32 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether the marks of school and graduation will affect at the time of admission if secured good marks in CAT?

If you are aiming to get admission in the IIMs or top private B-Schools, then the answer to your query is yes. Yes, the marks obtained by you during your schooling ,i.e, 10th and 12th as well as during your college will be considered during admission in the top institutes. Most of the IIMs have a separate weightage for career of a student which includes the academic background and the extra-curricular activities undertaken by the student. So, you need to have a good career record in other fields preferably extra-curricular field to combat the low marks during your schooling and college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?