29th June 2011, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

Do premier B Schools give weightage to extra curricular activities for admissions?

Hi,
Actually I have third grade academics in my past.I have got my mark between 55-60% in my 10,12 and graduation and i have 3 year gap also,but i am graduated from one of the premier institutes of india i.e.,NIFT(National institute of Fashion technology) and I am good in extra curricular activities also,like I was university player in Badminton and volleyball. And i have got merit also to crack exams like CAT,XAT,CET etc.,I am preparing for mba since i was in third year of my college.My question is,do IIM's and XLRI kind of premier college give weightage for professional degree or extra curricula activities.i am not joining job this year to give sufficient time for my preparation..am i eligible or not??
Plz guide me..i am in great anxiety...

16th February 2016, 01:26 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Do premier B Schools give weightage to extra curricular activities for admissions?

Yes, definitely you are eligible.
See, let me tell you the things which are important-

1) First of all is the entrance exam, i.e. CAT.
If you get above 99 percentile or the required one of the IIM then no one can stop you from getting admission in that IIM.

All, the other things come when you go for the interview and there are higher merit of students also present with you.

But if you get sufficient percentile, there wont be any problem for you to into IIMs.
All the other things like percentages are for eligibility only. Just fulfill the eligibility and then it would be your percentile in te entrance exam which matter.

Also, extra-curricular activities do matter but their importance is not deciding one. They can provide you an edge but dont depend on them completely.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?