9th February 2011, 12:13 AM
<varsha>

Science or Commerce: Better stream?

hey i am in class 10 and i cant decide which stream to take...science or commerce...i dont have much idea about commerce and dont face much difficulties in science...please suggest which stream would be better and where there is more chances of becoming successful in today's world.

9th February 2011, 12:51 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Science or Commerce: Better stream?

Friend;
Science is batter then commerce because in today science student tend to be very narrow minded. we could not live without science. science stream student have been always a lot of option available for him. India has travel grate route of IT sector so demand for engineer is going to increase in the near future. so i can say that science is batter then commerce.
all the best.
9th February 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Cool Re: Science or Commerce: Better stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by <varsha> View Post
hey i am in class 10 and i cant decide which stream to take...science or commerce...i dont have much idea about commerce and dont face much difficulties in science...please suggest which stream would be better and where there is more chances of becoming successful in today's world.
it depends upon your intrest first of all . actually every stream is fruitfull to the intrested. just you need to see within ur heart and listen what it says that is where ur intrested. thats all u will get the correct answer.
9th February 2011, 02:54 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

every stream ( science or arts or commerce) are equally successful today.

in science you have to study maths, physics, chemistry, biology.

after that you can do B.SC with specialization in any of the above subjects.

or you can be an engineer, you can do BCA......

actually there are lots of options after that.

In commerce you have to study accountancy.

in future you can be a CA, you can do MBA.....

again there are lots and lots of options....

so you can take any stream. It depends on your interest.

If you are interested in Science then take it.

all the best.
9th February 2011, 03:51 PM

Dear Varsha,
your question looks quiet difficult to answer for those whoever wants to reply because question matters personal interest. I mean exact solution for your conflict is within you only i e depends on your area of interest. First discover yourself that in which subject you are interested in or good at . Please dont consider as science is like much thoughest stream and commerce is easiest. Please analysise your performances/score cards in each subjects from class 1 to 10 then you will come to know that about the subject in which you were, you are and you will be good at. Finally a suggestion that whichever stream you select no matter but it should be of your choice, not of by chance. Good luck bright future. Hope this will help you.

Siddu
[email protected]
9th February 2011, 04:55 PM
shubham957

Quote:
both the streams are good. you can not say that which one is more better.
if you take commerce, then you will be having a lot of mathematics, but in science, maths will be only single subject of yours alongwith physics, chemistry etc.
after taking science, you can become doctor, engineer, or can do graduation.
after taking commerce, you can do CA, BSC, BCA, BBA
all the courses are having very good scope but only if done from a good college.
9th February 2011, 05:31 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Either of the streams are good in their own way. You need to decide the stream which suits you the most. You have mentioned that you are comfortable in science so you can either go into the engineering or medicine or any of the BSc courses. The commerce stream is entirely different from Science field. You will be need to understand how the accounting system works, financial management of small and large organisations and also subjects like economics.
9th February 2011, 07:27 PM
HARIHARAN.D

Both science stream and commerce are equally good friend, my suggestion is go according to your interest. If you are really interested in the science stream get into it or take commerce and look out the careers in finance management....
All the best.
9th February 2011, 07:47 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

After Completing Your 10th, Both Science And Commerce Stream Are Good.

So, Its Basically Depends On Your Interest, In Which Field Are You Like The Most.

So, Please Choose Stream Very Carefully, Because Its Is Decide Your Future. So, Please Select That Stream, Which You Like The Most And Which You Feel You Have Handle It Properly. So, There are Very Good Future Scope In Both the Streams, And If You Are Interested To Be a Engineer In Future Than Science is Best And If You Be A Manager And CA, Then Commerce Field Is Best For You. So, Please think Properly And decide Yourself.
9th February 2011, 07:55 PM
mohit brh

i want to suggest you that both subject have great scope and it's totally depend upon you so if you are good in science and maths than you should choose science subject.
but if you are weak than choose commerence.
but i think science stream is better option for you.
9th February 2011, 08:18 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
no stream is better than other,there is importance for each and every stream for the development of the country,
it depends on what you want to become in future,if you want to become an engineer or doctor then its better to take science and if you want to become an accountant or something related to accounts then take commerce,
generally you can become an charted accountant if you take commerce which is having great demand and great money
generally in our country more and more people wants to become an engineer or doctor but that is not an good thinking there are many great opportunities for people from other streams also
9th February 2011, 09:27 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

There is no such condition that one of the stream is better.

Both are not at all related to each other and have diffrent career aspects. Science is generally prefered to join Engineering and Medical field and Commerce is for Buisness or Accountancy.

So its totally upto you to decide one of them.
9th February 2011, 10:30 PM
narsimhaboddupalli

Quote:
Both are having its importance.But when you compare the science is better. because 1.it is interesting subject.
2.it also helpful in solving real life problems
3.it develops confident in you
4.now a days the whole world is looking towards the science.
so choose science rather than commerce.
you said that "i dont want to face difficulties by taking science". But really speaking difficulties are there in both but in science you will enjoy the subject.....
10th February 2011, 09:10 PM
sathya chandra

Hello friend,
As i am from life science field i tell you to opt science field, because plenty of oppurtunities are there & so many interested things you come across while studying & in future you can become the scientist...this is my opinion.. but the decision left to you...ok
21st February 2011, 06:51 PM
ssahu669

Dear Friend,

if you don't face much difficulties in science. then it will be better for you to take science stream. because there is more career option for science stream student.

Regards
Sanjeeb
4th March 2011, 06:28 PM
sumitrajsinghchauhan

know your interest n then choose your stream.

if you are interested in science then take science in which you have physics, chemistry optional maths.if you are going for engineering you have to take maths.

In commerce you have accountancy,business after which you can do BBA,AND THEN MBA or you can go for CA..
4th March 2011, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

science sucks because you have to study about past inventions of others.commerce is all about you as a consumer or a businessman , it deals with current affairs dude.
6th March 2011, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

for becoming computer engineer wht shod i take like science-maths,science-homescience,science-computerscience and maths
5th April 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

accept engineering anb mba which are the other steams if i am sci student and interested in bio but i like maths too the main prob is that i am not at all good in maths but i am not interested in eng and mba
7th April 2011, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

I am 10th class student and i am unable to decide wether to take science or commerce.commerce is new for me but in science i face diffuclties in chemistry but i like physics so suggest me what should i take.
15th April 2011, 09:49 PM
chiranjeev90

Hello
It is better to go for one in which you have interest only I can help you in clarifying in details about both.

COMMERCE - about accounting - you need to be good in simple calculations - (Maths is optional, but opting for Maths will building you good base for higher studies like - CA, ICWA etc.,)

SCIENCE - is about applied and pure science (applied = engineering, pure = theoretical). While you need to be good in science and maths for pure science (B.Sc), you need to be really excellent in them for engineering (B.E. / B.Tech)
18th April 2011, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

i am too confused about career options after 10th.is non-medical better or commerce.i have no interest in any career option?please guide me
21st April 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

I have given my 10th examinations(cce) and now I am not able to decide to take science or commerce.My parents are forcing me to opt science,and I feel that science is a bit difficult for me.So please tell me about the jobs and subjects in commerce,so I can change my parents mind
30th April 2011, 04:06 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Science is batter then commerce because in today science student tend to be very narrow minded. we could not live without science. science stream student have been always a lot of option available for him. India has travel grate route of IT sector so demand for engineer is going to increase in the near future.
8th May 2011, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

i have finished my 10th bord exam. now i am confused what to take . commerce or science . i want to do aeronautical engineering but i am weak in maths. so please......just help me out.
29th May 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

I have given my 10th exam....nd i'm confused thtz whtz to take....commerce or bio....my mother told me to take bio but i'm weak in science....so please...just suugest me.....i want to some great job thtz my parents feel proud for me...so...plz suggest me...
30th May 2011, 10:01 AM
stranger351

Science and commerce streams both are good field Following is the exams which can you give in Science and Commerce stream respectively..
Science Stream
AIEEE
IIT-JEE
BITS
BITSAT
WBJEE
You have many options in Science field like
MCA
BBA
BCA
MCA
BSc
You can also apply for NDA examination which is also good scope in future.
For more information regarding NDA
you can visit official website of UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in

MEDICAL EXAMS
You can go for following exams-
AFMC
CPMT
State PMT

You can do following courses-
BCA
B.pharma
BSc.

Commerce stream
CA
ICA
ICWA
CS
B.Com
BCA
BBA
MBA
MSc
6th June 2011, 09:03 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

I suggest you go for science because today engineering is more in demand ..
so if you take subjects like science then you have many opportunity in life ..
so i suggest you take science .....
prepare WBJEE,AIEEE,IIT ....also IIHM,NIFT...
good luck
try to make love with maths ...
6th June 2011, 09:10 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

I suggest you go for science because today engineering is more in demand ..
so if you take subjects like science then you have many opportunity in life ..
so i suggest you take science .....
prepare WBJEE,AIEEE,IIT ....also IIHM,NIFT...
good luck
try to make love with maths ...
18th June 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Science or Commerce: Better stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul0094 View Post
Friend;
Science is batter then commerce because in today science student tend to be very narrow minded. we could not live without science. science stream student have been always a lot of option available for him. India has travel grate route of IT sector so demand for engineer is going to increase in the near future. so i can say that science is batter then commerce.
all the best.
hey i in 11th class and i m very confused dat wgich stream is better 4 me...i got 92% in 10th plz help me out
26th June 2011, 01:06 AM
raisahab

Hi dar,

After Completing Your 10th, Both Science And Commerce Stream Are Good.

So, Its Basically Depends On Your Interest, In Which Field Are You Like The Most.

So, Please Choose Stream Very Carefully, Because Its Is Decide Your Future. So, Please Select That Stream, Which You Like The Most And Which You Feel You Have Handle It Properly. So, There are Very Good Future Scope In Both the Streams, And If You Are Interested To Be a Engineer In Future Than Science is Best And If You Be A Manager And CA, Then Commerce Field Is Best For You. So, Please think Properly And decide Yourself.
Thanks
10th July 2011, 09:22 PM
dmanan

RE: Science or Commerce stream better.
Hello. Varsha.
Choosing stream depends on two important things. First,How many marks you score in std. 10 and second,What career you like. Trere are many valuable opportunities after complation of any of the streams. So I kindly request you to think about your liking and about fields of your interest and then choose related stream.
4th August 2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

I am 10th stu. In science stream what facalties are there after 12th which have optional maths ? bcz i am not confidant about maths but want to go to science stream. Please guide me.
4th August 2011, 09:00 PM
liquid

Definitely Science, there is globe evidence that people are getting more disease and stress and ageing faster (with aches and pain everywhere at younger age). There is a desperate need for help.
But again ask yourself do you like to do research on problems or market the solution.
25th September 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

i hve takn commerce wat shud i do aftr passng 12 i m in 11 ryt nw. Wat cn i do nw to build up my career mre??
27th September 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam
i hav heard dat sci students undergo a lot of pressure evn if they are interestd at it?
28th September 2011, 01:32 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

In my opinion all stream are better but to take a stream is fully depend on your interest if you want to become an engineer or doctor and you are good in studies then you can take science and if you want to become a C.A. than you can take commerce.
28th September 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed M.A.(EDUCATION). AM i eligible for U.P. TET
28th September 2011, 04:03 PM
ANURUDH007

Sir , i have completed m.a.(education). Am i eligible for u.p.tet or not
28th September 2011, 10:11 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear...
Both subject are good in their stage.......
This depend upon you what to take as your stream.....
what is your aim...
Here i am providing you a chart from which you will get details information.....

good luck..........
30th September 2011, 03:59 PM
kalu21

Dear,
Should you choose arts, commerce or science? May 25, 2006. Confused about which stream to choose after Class X? Should it be science, arts, ... Which are the best universities/colleges in India and what are the job opportunities? Raghu ...
15th October 2011, 08:00 PM
raju bhai

thanks
5th February 2012, 03:56 PM
despire007

all the best.
26th May 2012, 03:35 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

both the stream are well and good but i think science has more scope than that of commerce.but i think there are so many job opportunities in science stream.
5th June 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

i think both streams are well but it depends on you how to chose a subjet because ontheir side they both are good so it's upon your's will. if you are interested in science then take science otherwise commerce
9th June 2012, 09:40 PM
mnbgvs

Thumbs up Re: Science or Commerce: Better stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i think both streams are well but it depends on you how to chose a subjet because ontheir side they both are good so it's upon your's will. if you are interested in science then take science otherwise commerce
HI!
Friend You chose what you want..
There is lot of scope in both the stream..

After passing b12th with science you can apply for course like Medical/engineering etc..

After passing 12th commerce stream you can apply for course like C.A/B.B.A/B.COM etc..

Now you have to decide in which field you are interested..

GOOD LUCK!
9th June 2012, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Is commerce too difficult what r the that should be studied
12th June 2012, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Hey, m in 10th std. i want to persue computer engineering in my near future. so which stream will be beneficial for me either science general or science bifocal?? pls rpl
13th June 2012, 07:58 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hi dear friend,
Science and commerce streams both are good field Following is the exams which can you give in Science and Commerce stream respectively..
Science Stream
AIEEE
IIT-JEE
BITS
BITSAT
WBJEE
You have many options in Science field like
MCA
BBA
BCA
MCA
BSc
You can also apply for NDA examination which is also good scope in future.
For more information regarding NDA
you can visit official website of UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in

MEDICAL EXAMS
You can go for following exams-
AFMC
CPMT
State PMT

You can do following courses-
BCA
B.pharma
BSc.

Commerce stream
CA
ICA
ICWA
CS
B.Com
BCA
BBA
MBA
MSc

thanks
13th June 2012, 08:01 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hi dear,

all the best
hanks
t
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?