22nd May 2011, 12:10 AM
Grewal Gurvir

Which one should I go for, Science or Commerce? Will I be able to handle Science stream if I am an average student?

I am v.much tensed and confused in choosing stream in class 11 as i had planned to take commerce but know i am thinking for science as my family wants and my mind has also changed to science for good scope and bright future but i am a average student and i have got less marks in science as i didn't studied because i was taking commerce , i am taking science but i am scared that it is v.difficult and i have to study regular which i dont , so please help i cant take any decision .... i cant understand anything

30th May 2011, 05:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one should I go for, Science or Commerce? Will I be able to handle Science stream if I am an average student?

First of you have mentioned you find science subjects difficult. Then certainly there is no point in you taking up the same. Whichever stream you choose it should be in the area where you are most comfortable. Also you can make a successful career after taking up the commerce stream if it is the area of your strength. You must study regularly even if it is not the science stream. If you choose to take up commerce then you can take up CA, CS, ICWAI or even MBA after graduation.
6th June 2011, 09:27 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which one should I go for, Science or Commerce? Will I be able to handle Science stream if I am an average student?

You are average student ..average student also crack IAS exam ...
so do not scare think about future ... if You want to good future then only
science is option and if you want to only degree then commerce is good
give a halt to your brain and think your heart and go for which ever you feel the best ..
good luck
8th June 2011, 12:37 PM
classontheweb.2011

Hi,

Do take any stream inder pressure. Think of future, will you be able to cope up with the studies if you take science. Just dont go for it only because your parents are saying that. Explain and convince ou r parents. Do what you think you are able to do. There are many things which you can take after commerce – Mass Media, Management Studies, and many such professional courses are available to commerce students.

Regards,
Class on web
Get in touch with us on:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/classonthewebeveronn
Twitter: www.twitter.com/edu_cafe

19th June 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

hey i got 84% in my ssc exams year 2011 i am confused bcz i want to do bsc it and for that sci iz required i just want to know will ill be able to cope with my studies if i take sci
my marks are like in maths were 132/150 and science and technology were 83/120
plz reply me back bcz i m in a fuss and dont know wat 2 go for
20th June 2011, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

i want to pursue my studies in science
is science hard
i am an averaga student
28th June 2011, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 69% marks in ssc with 110 marks in maths and 67 in science. which stream should i pursue my academic career. I have also done intermediate grade drawing with c class
6th July 2011, 05:18 AM
Unregistered

is B.com difficult for me ? i m an average student
2nd August 2011, 01:52 PM
classontheweb.2011

Hi,
Check the site given below, as it has shown various career options after Class 10 and 12.
http://career.webindia123.com/career/options/asp/alpha_listing.asp

All the best

Connect with us:
www.facebook.com/classonthewebeveronn
www.classontheweb.com
6th August 2011, 03:31 AM
btcs11

chill down friend, dont get too confused and too scary
the choice between commerce and science depends on your interest. do not choose something which you dont like just because your parents told.
as of now all the degree has very good scope.
so first find your area of interest.
if you are interested in science do choose science stream along with maths and upon completion of 12th class do professional courses like MBBS,BE etc it has good scope and you can get good jobs.
if you are interested in maths and accounts join in commerce group and do CA which is very valuable as of now.

and you can handle science stream so well even if you are average student. only thing which you need to do is to put lots hardwork from now on.
you are also interested in science stream as of now so do join in science stream and upon completion pursue professional courses which will make your family happy too.

gud luck.
6th August 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

i got 79% in 10 class now i m confused what stream should i take in 11th i m mainly confused on scoence and commerce stream and i also donr want to do lots of regular study like geek
13th August 2011, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

im very confused if i should take commerce or science.. im interested in bussiness side but taking commerce for this will close down my options as told by my parents! will it be good enough for me to take science? will it keep my options open? or taking commerce will be a better option?
20th December 2011, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

First and foremost you dont that you are an average student. Even though you have got average marks also ok but if you are really interested in Science and want to pursue your further studies or want to achieve something in scientific field mean you can take up Science or else if you want to pursue your career in IT, banking, accountacy means you opt for commerce. Both Science and Commerce are good field only but it mainly depends on your interest.
23rd December 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I don't know what to select for my A/L's.Sometimes I feel like doing languages.But the thing is I haven't done any language during my o/L's.
Not only that I like to do Maths too.But I am not very much good in Science although I am good in maths for my satisfaction.Please let me know as soon as possible which is good to select,Maths or Languages?
10th January 2012, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a student of class 10 and i get marks between 85 to 90 percent...and i want to take sc....if i decide to take engeneering then accourding to u in todays market which 1 should i take?
1st March 2012, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

i rellly dont noe wat to opt..... ma sis cleared evn iit.... but i m totally confused ...... plz suggst me smthing....
5th March 2012, 02:50 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewal Gurvir View Post
I am v.much tensed and confused in choosing stream in class 11 as i had planned to take commerce but know i am thinking for science as my family wants and my mind has also changed to science for good scope and bright future but i am a average student and i have got less marks in science as i didn't studied because i was taking commerce , i am taking science but i am scared that it is v.difficult and i have to study regular which i dont , so please help i cant take any decision .... i cant understand anything
HI!
Friend You chose what you want..
There is lot of scope in both the stream..

After passing b12th with science you can apply for course like Medical/engineering etc..

After passing 12th commerce stream you can apply for course like C.A/B.B.A/B.COM etc..

Now you have to decide in which field you are interested..

GOOD LUCK!
25th March 2012, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

im a averge student............. im poor in maths and science...................
what will do....... help me..... bt d most thing is that i want to become an engg.......... help meeeee
30th March 2012, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

what should i tak science or commerce?? coz i m really confused!!
13th April 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Which is helpful later in architecture science or commerce
13th April 2012, 08:49 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Bachelor of Architect course is 4/5 years full time undergraduate course in Architecture .

Mathematics is the subjects which is most important for doing Bachelor of Architect .

You can choose any stream among Science , Commerce and Art stream but what is important is that you should choose Mathematics as your main subjects in your class 12th .

you should choose Commerce as it will not put burden on you and you can perform well overall and plus in Mathematics which is important subject to apply for Bachelor of Architect.

Entrance examination you need to clear for admission in reputed college.

AIEEE

Eligibility for AIEEE exam

1.Students who wish to be architects are required to pass their 10+2

with an aggregate of 50 % marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.

For full details visit the official website of AIEEE.

http://www.aieee.nic.in

NATA

Eligibility criteria for NATA

10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board/University with Mathematics

as a main subject with at least 50% aggregate marks.

For full details visit the official website.

http://www.nata.in

IIT - JEE

Eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE exam:

You must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

official website of IITs

www.iit.org/
24th May 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

sir i hv got 78% in my 10 class (CBSE)....now i am confused which stream to take. My parents want ..i should take science stream but m interested in both science and commerce.....i want to become a software developer ....but i am scared of Phyiscs & maths.......!
plz sir tell me which stream to take.
plz reply fast ...from tmrw our admission process are starting....plz plz reply fast.
31st May 2012, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

hi sir, i got 87% overall and 89% in best of 5. sci 74% and maths 78%. i am good in lang and art but i cannot decide what to take sci or commerce? what if i want to become a dr. but what i have heard it takes many years and all the dr r not successful until and unless u do some specialization. and engg u do not get gd pay initially.pl let me know fast as i have to pay tuition fees
31st May 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

hi....i hve got 82% in science in my cls 10 finals...i hve started stdying science fr cls 11 too...bt i m nt gettng any interest in physics nd maths......m nt undestanding da problems in physics....my family is advicing me to tak up science as its only if i take science i cn go to any stream in my college years...bt m feeling like taking up commerce cz its seems to me dat il get interest n da subjcts of commerce...i m really in a vry confusing situation..i dnt hve much time n my hands too.....plz help me......
31st May 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

hi....i hve got 82% in science in my cls 10 finals...i hve started stdying science fr cls 11 too...bt i m nt gettng any interest in physics nd maths......m nt undestanding da problems in physics....my family is advicing me to tak up science as its only if i take science i cn go to any stream in my college years...bt m feeling like taking up commerce cz its seems to me dat il get interest n da subjcts of commerce...i m really in a vry confusing situation..i dnt hve much time n my hands too.....plz help me......
5th June 2012, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewal Gurvir View Post
better to go with science n another option is commerce
9th January 2013, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

I thick science is all about ur effort, interest and dedication. So pls if u dnt hav any of dis feeling for science course dnt do it becos some one has urged u to do it. Do the one u find ur self in musly for ur future purpose. GUD LUCK. Bye solomon akpomiemie
10th January 2013, 03:07 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
if you think that you were not so good in science in your 10th class or if the subject always bored you or you wouldn't be able to get with the subject easily then you should not go for the science stream.

but if you having this thing in mind that being an average student you wont be ab;e to cope up with the stream, then its totally your myth. just go for it buddy
many great minds in the field of science were average students.
gid luck
10th January 2013, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

For Deciding about which stream you should go after 12th

First ask yourself what that you really want to do and not what your parent or other are giving.
While asking the Q Dont involve your mind. After getting the answer ask one more time "Is this what you really want to do."
And take then you will get the answer.
And dont worry about the result or success , it will automatically follow you.
1st April 2013, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

what are the job opportunities if we take science or commerce as my stream?
19th May 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

um very very tensed about my future i dont know wat to do...
um little bit confused regarding scn nd commerce
my parents are not forcing meah but i very very tensed
15th April 2014, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
m a student of class 10
i am really very weak in physics,chemistry and mathematics..
but still m interested in medical stream,marketing,journalism and managing jobs and some creative jobs as well
but i want a secured future ..and want to pursue my dreams as well..
do suggest me what should i do...???
Reply soon..!!
regards
AAKANKSHA DUTTA
13th June 2015, 12:22 PM
Ronie0309

First of all I would want to tell you that you should not take up a stream just because your parents want you to.

It is not true that if you go for science then only you will have a better future.
There are so many people who opted for commerce stream and turned out to be successful in life infact some even more successful than the people who opted for science stream.

Choose you stream as per the subjects you like and not as per what your parents want or what your friends end up taking.
27th June 2015, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

I got 61% in SSC Exam now i m confused what stream should i take in 11th i m mainly confused on science and commerce stream and i also done want to do lots of regular study like geek
3rd July 2015, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

I go 77.60 exam of s.s.c .I am totally confused becues I dont no what should do for
Articerter
Which stream I will go???
Plz help me
11th September 2015, 03:28 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

First of all don't get tensed as it may harm your health. Don't come under pressure because you have to face whether you opt for science or commerce. If you think that you can't study regularly as science stream needs then you should opt for commerce because it has also bright future. If your family wants you take science then you have to change your mindset because it needs lot of hard work . Think properly don't get confused, discuss with seniors and teachers and then take decision.
1st November 2015, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Hi I I have question . Suppose a person gets very low marks like c in overall terms in 9 first and second term and even in 10 c and maybe if he or she gets very good like a 1 and a2 in hos or her fa 1 and ft for both the classes . He or she is interest in medical and in science he or she's gets b 1 and b2 for 9 and 10 overall .will he or she be able to get science. As a sister of my Bro I wanted to ask. And I require an answer by an expert or someone who knows about the distribution of subjects. I hope u answer the best.
28th November 2015, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Hi im confused whether to choose science or commerce next year. I got 71 for my maths and 73 for science.at first I wanted to choose commerce but my parents told me that I can't switch to science if I choose not to take commerce after that.i think about it and told them I ll take science but then they asked me whether I can cope with it and told me that science is hard.my sis is taking science now and when I ask her is science hard she told me it depends.i really dunno which stream im better in.i know people always say we need to find out which stream we re interested in but the prob is I dunno what im interested in.im so confused.some people said that science ll not be hard when u re interested in that subject but even my school science teacher told us that science stream ll be hard and those who re going for science stream need to be well prepared.i did not get very good grades for both my maths and science.i really dunno what job I'm going to do and what my future ll become.i know it's very long but that's what I wanted to say.please help me.
22nd April 2016, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I'm not so good in maths but I like math should I take math in 11 or I should take commerce?
8th May 2020, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i got 79% in 10 class now i m confused what stream should i take in 11th i m mainly confused on scoence and commerce stream and i also donr want to do lots of regular study like geek
I want to continue my love & i want to study then... i think com is suitable.. i'm an average student.. i like to study science but it is hard to me... wt will i do?
8th May 2020, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

I want to study & continue my love so i think com is easy .. but i dnt know about it... i like science but it is hard to me bcz i am a average student... & i can't study hard.. so wt stream is better to me??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?