11th June 2016, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Is commerce stream good after class 12th with science stream?

What should I do if having interest in commerce stream after completion of 12th with science stream? I am really not interested in studying science at degree level. I want to do B.Com. Is it a good decision?

11th June 2016, 06:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is commerce stream good after class 12th with science stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What should I do if having interest in commerce stream after completion of 12th with science stream? I am really not interested in studying science at degree level. I want to do B.Com. Is it a good decision?
If you have completed 12th standard with Mathematics subject, then also you are eligible for B.Com course.

Your age should be above 16 years.

You are interested in commerce field, so you can go for B.Com course.
11th June 2016, 06:08 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

It is always a good decision to opt for those courses which you want to and not what others do and to just follow the rest of the crowd like a fool. You should get admission B.Com if you want to get admission in it and should pursue your studies in the field further.
11th June 2016, 07:12 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue B.Com after completing higher secondary education in Science stream. It depends on your choice and interest that which stream you want to choose. You are free to opt any of the stream you want.
11th June 2016, 07:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in the commerce stream after 10+2 with science.

There are better future scope for candidates passed B.Com from any recognised university.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board and must have Mathematics as main paper in 10+2.

So, if you have interest in pursuing B.Com you can take admission in it.
11th June 2016, 09:37 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
It is not harm to change the stream once you completed 12th standard with any other stream.
However, if you really find that you are passionate about commerce rather than science you should opt commerce as you career.
Commerce has a very wide scope in the field of Finance, accountancy, Bussiness, statistics, taxation and many more. After completing graduation with commerce you can be hired as junior accountant, finance executive or account associates in any company.
CA(Chartered Accountant) is one of the highly professional course in the field of commerce. You can also prepare for this.
11th June 2016, 10:10 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Commerce is one of the trending stream in India. There are many streams available in India after completion of 12th Class. The best streams available for 12th Completed candidates are,
>> Arts Stream
>> Science Stream (PCM)
>> Medical Stream (PCB)
>> Commerce Stream

If you are really interested to go with Commerce stream, then I strongly suggest you to go with "Commerce" stream. After successful completion of 12th Class, you may go with B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) course at Graduation level. If you then interested in higher studies, I am very sure that you can pursue M.Com (Master of Commerce) course. So I strongly suggest you to go with Commerce stream, if you are really interested in this stream.
11th June 2016, 10:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can pursue your graduation in commerce after completion of 11th and 12th from science stream but keep in mind that the basics related to commerce stream will create problem for you at graduation level. It would be better for you to pursue Bachelor in Arts rather to pursue Bachelor of Commerce because it would be little bit difficult for you.
11th June 2016, 11:21 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Well, you are interest is most Important to select the course after completing 12th standard in Science stream. Since, you are interested in Commerce stream so you can pursue for B.Com after 12th standard. The candidate can gain theoretical and application knowledge in Banking and Finance sector. The candidate can also pursue for Higher degree course as M.Com and MBA.

Commerce as a stream offers so many courses, with bright future prospects. You can apply for the course such as,
  • - B.Com (Computer Application)
  • - B.Com (Foreign Trade)
  • - B.Com (Tax Procedure)
  • - B.Com (E-Commerce)
  • - B.Com (Office Management)
  • - B.Com (Advertising & Sales Management)
11th June 2016, 11:27 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

As per my suggestions it would be difficult for a science student to cope up with commerce stream at graduation level after passing 11th and 12th from science stream. You should continue in the science stream at graduation level. Otherwise if you are very much interested to study Bachelor of Commerce at graduation level then you can pursue it also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?