9th February 2011, 03:34 PM
<varsha>

Which stream is better for me between Science and Commerce? Which has more chances to be successful?

hey i am in class 10 and i cant decide which stream to take...science or commerce....i dont have much idea about commerce and i dont face much difficulties in science...please suggest which stream would be better for me and where there are more chances of becoming successful in today's world...

27th May 2011, 07:17 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is better for me between Science and Commerce? Which has more chances to be successful?

Hello Varsha,
Science and Commerce are two parallel streams and so is there prospect.
So, you must not base your career choice solely on the demand of a particular course. The selection of career must based on your interest, your abilities, your personality, your temperament and finally on your ultimate goal.
Science stream
According to experts, a degree in a core engineering subject such as Mechanical, Electrical or Civil will open up an array of lucrative jobs. To be successful in the field of engineering and to stay ahead of your competitors, you have to be highly qualified. Apart from these core groups of engineering, there are many other ares of specialization but in the post recession period, the trend has been more towards the conventional branches.
Apart from engineering, the other area in the science stream with great potential is medicine. The development in the field of medicine are opening up new avenues for students. Many new courses have been developed in the field of medicine which deals with drug discovery, drug production and drug analysis.These courses enables students to find jobs in pharmaceutical companies as researcher.
Computer professionals are also in great demand and is likely to grow. In this field, you may take up BCA followed by MCA or any other specialization in computers language or networking but most of the IT companies prefer Bachelors degree in information technology.
Commerce stream
There has been a revival of interest in commerce. Commerce as a professional qualification is back in the reckoning in the growing Indian economy.
There are various options in this field and one with a deep interest in this stream choose to go for professional courses like Chartered accountancy, company secretary along with BCom. Others, not interested in these professional course opt for BCom followed by MBA or BBA followed by MBA.
The demand for MBA and professionals like CA or CS is huge and is likely to grow in the next few years.

But instead for going after the so called hot courses, you should analyze your strengths and weaknesses and take steps accordingly.
1st June 2011, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which stream is better for me between Science and Commerce? Which has more chances to be successful?

hai..
iam has
i took the stream science for my 11th std.can u pleas tell me the possibilities of science.and i dont hav any intersts in medicine
6th June 2011, 08:17 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

In this time (21 century) engineering is very good field and jobs are also available ..
so if you love maths then go for engineering ....
commerce have also good opportunity but less than engineering ....
so my friend go for engineering ....
so choose science ..
good luck
23rd July 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects in commerce are necessary to become C.A. in future?
17th August 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Which stream is better for me between Science and Commerce? Which has more chances to be successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by <varsha> View Post
hey i am in class 10 and i cant decide which stream to take...science or commerce....i dont have much idea about commerce and i dont face much difficulties in science...please suggest which stream would be better for me and where there are more chances of becoming successful in today's world...
actually m confused too!!!!!!!
28th October 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

hey i m in 9th..!! MY MATHS IS NOT GOOD SO I M CONFUSED TO TAKE WICH LINE?? PLZZZ SUGGEST.. AND FOR SCIENCE WICH SUBJECTS ARE IMP N FOR COMMERCE WAT ARE THE MAIN SUBJECTS??
28th October 2011, 11:46 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

Science and Commerce both the streams are the best at their respective places.
You will find equal opportunity in both the streams.Both stream has equal possibility of growth and both stream provides equal chances of success.You will have to do equal hard work in both the stream to become successful.

The decision to choose is totally yours and you have to take the decision on your choice and self interest.

If you want to go in the commercial field then choose commerce and if you want to become an engineer of doctor or any thing like this then choose science.

So take the decision and do the best.

Best Wishes....
7th November 2011, 07:50 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Which stream is better for me between Science and Commerce? Which has more chances to be successful?

Hi

Science and Commerce both have almost equal importance's and its vague to compare both.
If you are better in Science and have interest in it, there's no doubt that you should go for it.
But yeah, its a bit more complex than the commerce. So it would tickle your brain, and you have to make use of your brain the most.

Some of the best science courses are:

Engineering
Medical (If you had bio)
B.Sc Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Electronics
Honours
Diploma
Polytechnic

So you can opt a career out of these.

RJ
15th November 2011, 02:08 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

In this time (21 century) engineering is very good field and jobs are also available ..
so if you love maths then go for engineering ....
commerce have also good opportunity but less than engineering ....
so my friend go for engineering ....
so choose science ..
21st November 2011, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Which question is better for me ??? I dnt know can you say me???
25th December 2011, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

plzzz tell me i should take non medical or medical....which subjects are there in these both liness.....help me out plzzz
8th April 2012, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Can i do b.farmac after non-medical
11th April 2012, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Hey.. I have gone 10th exam.. I m confuse between science and commerce.. Plz suggest me which stream is best..
11th April 2012, 09:51 PM
Harsh jangid

Science 1.biology a. Aiims b. Aipmt c. Afmc and many other 2.mathematics a.iit-jee b. Aieee c. Aipet and other defence services require science with +2 so you know what you can do
23rd May 2012, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

hey hello!!!!!!!!iI have just passed my 10th n i am very confused about which stream to take between science n coomerce..suggest which will provide better job opportunities in future?????
22nd July 2012, 09:58 PM
bhargavipooja

Thumbs up Re: Which stream is better for me between Science and Commerce? Which has more chances to be successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey hello!!!!!!!!iI have just passed my 10th n i am very confused about which stream to take between science n coomerce..suggest which will provide better job opportunities in future?????
HI FRIEND,

YOU CAN TAKE COMMERCE COURSE BECAUSE IT IS EASY AND HAVE GOOD FUTURE
[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=5]Stream after Class 10[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=6][SIZE=6]Commerce Stream – Nature, Scope
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]English novelist and art historian Anita Brookner said of Commerce – "The lessons taught in great books are misleading. The commerce in real life is rarely so simple and never so just."

The Commerce stream after completion of Class 10 is quite a popular one in India, as most students feel that the stream offers them a wide arena of career options to pursue after class 12, that would bring them both success as well as financial security easily.

However, what most students do not realize is that the commerce stream may provide them with the idea of a secure future, but just like the Science stream, a student also needs to have a certain aptitude in this field of study to be completely successful in it.

Some students may choose the Commerce stream for this reason. However, it is a fact that if they have a mind that is more suited to a career in the Humanities stream, or even the Science stream, they would find it hard to survive and perform well in Commerce.

To help students gauge whether they are meant to pursue a career in the field of Commerce, this section provides them with a basic knowledge of what this stream is all about.

Commerce as a stream of education can be defined as a study of trade and business activities such as the exchange of goods and services from producer to final consumer. The main subjects that are taught in the Commerce stream in Class 11 and 12 include Economics, Accountancy and Business Studies.

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]ECONOMICS
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Some of the reasons for studying Economics are given below:

Economics is a social science that deals with the study of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
Economics has two broad branches – micro-economics, where the unit of analysis is the individual agent, such as a household or firm, and macro-economics, where the unit of analysis is an economy as a whole.
Studying economics enables us to learn more about how the world works as it helps in gaining knowledge about the impact that decisions have on firms, industries and nations, the impact of international trade, both good and bad, the effects government policies have on the economy and on employment.
Economic reasoning and theories have been increasingly applied in the recent era to not only the study of economies but also social situations where there is no monetary consideration, such as politics, law, psychology, history, religion, marriage and family life, and other social interactions
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4].

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]BUSINESS STUDIES
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Business Studies is an important subject for commerce students. Here are some of the reasons why one should study Business Studies:
Business Studies is a subject that deals with the operation and organization of modern business enterprises. The subject covers each feature of a business firm, such as how a firm will be affected in different business situations.
The main areas of study in the subject include business organizations, their various features, structure and functioning, marketing, operations management, human resource management, etc.
Studying Business allows a student to observe and analyze the behavior and tactics of different firms.
The subject of Business Studies involves more than just mastering the art of doing business. The subject brings students abreast with the corporate culture and prepares them for their professional life.
Business activities are something that affect the daily lives of all people in a society. It also influences creation of employment, incomes, opportunities for personal enterprise, standards of living of all individuals. Studying business allows a student to understand how business activities influence the society and the economy directly and indirectly.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]ACCOUNTANCY
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Accountancy is an integral part of Commerce Stream. It's scope and reasons for studying accountancy are elaborated below:
Accountancy is a branch of mathematical science that is concerned with the financial information about a business entity to users such as shareholders and managers.
The financial communication that is studied under the subject is generally in the form of financial statements that show in the terms of money the economic resources under the control of the management.
Studying accountancy enables a student to learn and discover the various causes of successes and failures of different business enterprises.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]The principles of accountancy are applied to business enterprises in three divisions of practical art, named accounting, bookkeeping and auditing.
A student studying accountancy will learn the art of recording, classifying and summarizing in a significant manner and in terms of money, transactions and events which are financial in character to any extent and the interpretation of the results of these transactions and events.
Students who wish to take up the commerce stream should keep in mind that this subject is not an easy alternative as compared to science. Both science and commerce are complex study areas in their own ways and cannot be compared. Hence, if a student wishes to pursue the Commerce stream only because they feel that science is not a suitable stream for them, they need to rethink their choice. The Commerce stream should be pursued by students who have an aptitude as well as an avid interest in it.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]BIOLOGY:
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Biology is the study of anything that has life. It is a natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy.
Biology has many sub-categories like microbiology, botany, and zoology. Some reasons regarding why Biology can be studied are:

Biology teaches us about how living things work, helping us to understand our own bodily functions, organ systems and health.
It teaches us about how living things survive and why different organisms have adapted and evolved to behave in certain ways
Biology also teaches how living things are all connected to one another, helping us to see why it is important that we preserve our planet and the creatures on it.
Studying biology gives us knowledge that can be utilized for the betterment of health facilities, cures and preventive measures for diseases and health issues, etc.
Studying biology also helps in the control and prevention of endemics, epidemics and pandemics.

YOU have chances like mbbs,bds, bsc,msc, bzc and also many groups after inter .....

wish you allthe best....
[/SIZE]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
22nd July 2012, 10:02 PM
bhargavipooja

Thumbs up Re: Which stream is better for me between Science and Commerce? Which has more chances to be successful?

<P>[QUOTE=Unregistered;2202647]hey hello!!!!!!!!iI have just passed my 10th n i am very confused about which stream to take between science n coomerce..suggest which will provide better job opportunities in future?????[/QUOTE}

hi friend,

you can take commorce course because it is easy and have good future

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=5]Stream after Class 10[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=6][SIZE=6]Commerce Stream – Nature, Scope
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]English novelist and art historian Anita Brookner said of Commerce – "The lessons taught in great books are misleading. The commerce in real life is rarely so simple and never so just."

The Commerce stream after completion of Class 10 is quite a popular one in India, as most students feel that the stream offers them a wide arena of career options to pursue after class 12, that would bring them both success as well as financial security easily.

However, what most students do not realize is that the commerce stream may provide them with the idea of a secure future, but just like the Science stream, a student also needs to have a certain aptitude in this field of study to be completely successful in it.

Some students may choose the Commerce stream for this reason. However, it is a fact that if they have a mind that is more suited to a career in the Humanities stream, or even the Science stream, they would find it hard to survive and perform well in Commerce.

To help students gauge whether they are meant to pursue a career in the field of Commerce, this section provides them with a basic knowledge of what this stream is all about.

Commerce as a stream of education can be defined as a study of trade and business activities such as the exchange of goods and services from producer to final consumer. The main subjects that are taught in the Commerce stream in Class 11 and 12 include Economics, Accountancy and Business Studies.

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]ECONOMICS
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Some of the reasons for studying Economics are given below:

Economics is a social science that deals with the study of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
Economics has two broad branches – micro-economics, where the unit of analysis is the individual agent, such as a household or firm, and macro-economics, where the unit of analysis is an economy as a whole.
Studying economics enables us to learn more about how the world works as it helps in gaining knowledge about the impact that decisions have on firms, industries and nations, the impact of international trade, both good and bad, the effects government policies have on the economy and on employment.
Economic reasoning and theories have been increasingly applied in the recent era to not only the study of economies but also social situations where there is no monetary consideration, such as politics, law, psychology, history, religion, marriage and family life, and other social interactions
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4].

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]BUSINESS STUDIES
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Business Studies is an important subject for commerce students. Here are some of the reasons why one should study Business Studies:
Business Studies is a subject that deals with the operation and organization of modern business enterprises. The subject covers each feature of a business firm, such as how a firm will be affected in different business situations.
The main areas of study in the subject include business organizations, their various features, structure and functioning, marketing, operations management, human resource management, etc.
Studying Business allows a student to observe and analyze the behavior and tactics of different firms.
The subject of Business Studies involves more than just mastering the art of doing business. The subject brings students abreast with the corporate culture and prepares them for their professional life.
Business activities are something that affect the daily lives of all people in a society. It also influences creation of employment, incomes, opportunities for personal enterprise, standards of living of all individuals. Studying business allows a student to understand how business activities influence the society and the economy directly and indirectly.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]ACCOUNTANCY
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Accountancy is an integral part of Commerce Stream. It's scope and reasons for studying accountancy are elaborated below:
Accountancy is a branch of mathematical science that is concerned with the financial information about a business entity to users such as shareholders and managers.
The financial communication that is studied under the subject is generally in the form of financial statements that show in the terms of money the economic resources under the control of the management.
Studying accountancy enables a student to learn and discover the various causes of successes and failures of different business enterprises.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]The principles of accountancy are applied to business enterprises in three divisions of practical art, named accounting, bookkeeping and auditing.
A student studying accountancy will learn the art of recording, classifying and summarizing in a significant manner and in terms of money, transactions and events which are financial in character to any extent and the interpretation of the results of these transactions and events.
Students who wish to take up the commerce stream should keep in mind that this subject is not an easy alternative as compared to science. Both science and commerce are complex study areas in their own ways and cannot be compared. Hence, if a student wishes to pursue the Commerce stream only because they feel that science is not a suitable stream for them, they need to rethink their choice. The Commerce stream should be pursued by students who have an aptitude as well as an avid interest in it.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]BIOLOGY:
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Biology is the study of anything that has life. It is a natural science concerned with the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy.
Biology has many sub-categories like microbiology, botany, and zoology. Some reasons regarding why Biology can be studied are:

Biology teaches us about how living things work, helping us to understand our own bodily functions, organ systems and health.
It teaches us about how living things survive and why different organisms have adapted and evolved to behave in certain ways
Biology also teaches how living things are all connected to one another, helping us to see why it is important that we preserve our planet and the creatures on it.
Studying biology gives us knowledge that can be utilized for the betterment of health facilities, cures and preventive measures for diseases and health issues, etc.
Studying biology also helps in the control and prevention of endemics, epidemics and pandemics...

YOU have chances like mbbs,bds, bsc,msc, bzc and also many groups after inter .....

wish you allthe best....
[/SIZE]

22nd July 2012, 11:56 PM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which subjects in commerce are necessary to become C.A. in future?
At 12th level the subjects of commerce are: economics,business studies,accounts,english,elective(IP,Physical edu,Mathematics).
So if you want to apply for CA immediately after your 12th then you have to give CPT exam which mainly consist of subjects: Accounts,EConomics,Mercantile law and Quantitative ( i.e mathematics up til 12th).So you need to focus on these subjects to become CA.This is the first step.
2nd exam is your IPCC which again consist of Accounts.
so at 12th level make your accounts strong.
ALL THE BEST...!
24th July 2012, 12:03 PM
rch91

Quote:
Both streams are good and have equal chances of growth in todays world.Its all upto you,the subjects which you study with interest and can study easily.
1.science stream : a) medical: main subjects of medical are physics,chemistry,biology.If you have interest in dealing with medicines you can opt for medical.there are many opportunities after 12th in medical like you can do MBBS,YOu can di Biotech,you can be surgeon,doctor,physiotherapist etc.
b) non-medical: main subjects of non-med are physics,chemistry,mathematics.after non medical too there are many career opportunities like you can give competition exams like IITJEE,AIEEE,BITS,VIt and can get admission in top colleges for engineering.you can go for business line also after your engineering or 12th if you want too, you can also opt for civil services exam etc
2.Commerce :The main subjects of commerce are business studies,economics,accounts,english,elective(maths, Ip,Physical edu etc.) After commerce you can apply for CA,CS,ICWA,CFA,BBA,Bcom etc.
so dont get confused,just think over it and make the best choice for yourself.
All the best...!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?