27th May 2018, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

Science or Commerce, which is to study in Higher Secondary to become a Bank Manager?

Hi Sir, I have completed my 10th standard and going to get admission in Higher Secondary. I want to become a Bank Manager. So, I would like to know which stream I should take in between Science and Commerce? Please let me know about this immediately.

28th May 2018, 10:41 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Science or Commerce, which is to study in Higher Secondary to become a Bank Manager?

Before getting into the detailed information, I suggest you to first know the basic eligibility criteria that is required in order to become a Bank Manager. One can become a Bank Manager after getting work experience as a Probationary Officer of period of 2 years.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for applying for PO recruitment is Graduation or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline. Hence, it's entirely depends upon your area of interests and the skills that you have.

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, science with PCM subjects would benefit you in appearing in Banking based examinations as you will be dealt with Mathematics (Aptitude Section) in Banking examinations. Hence I would suggest you to choose Science rather than Commerce stream but final decision is yours based on your interests.
28th May 2018, 01:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Science or Commerce, which is to study in Higher Secondary to become a Bank Manager?

If you want to become a bank manager then personally I would like to suggest you to choose the commerce stream because it will be beneficial for you to get in touch with the accounting system of bank. And after getting graduated from commerce stream you can appear in the bank exams like PO, clerical etc.
28th May 2018, 02:50 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become manager in bank candidates have to appear and qualify for entrance examination.

The required qualification to appear for examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit varies with examination.

So, you can pursue any stream in 12th and bachelor degree to appear for examination.
28th May 2018, 11:39 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

There is no any special stream required to be eligible for the post of Bank Manager.
You must be a graduation degree holder or Post Graduation to apply for the post of Bank Manager.
You can pursue from any of the stream either Science or Commerce.
Age should be not less than 21 years.
29th May 2018, 12:03 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no direct recruitment as bank manager.

Candidates have to appear and qualify for entrance examination for recruitment as Probationary Officer and after promotion you will be eligible for recruitment as a Bank Manager.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. There is no limitation on discipline to appear for examination.

Age limit varies with examination.
29th May 2018, 05:07 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is not so easy to become a Bank Manager. Only people who have good amount of work experience in various bank roles are eligible to become bank manager.

Hence, you first need to make entry into Bank in the entry level positions like
-Clerical positions
-Probationary Officers

The minimum eligibility criteria that is required for the candidates is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream. You need to score minimum 60% of marks in Graduation for PO positions.

It is not a problem whether you opt for Science stream or Commerce stream in HSC.

I would suggest you to opt for the stream as per your interest in HSC.

However Commerce stream would be having little advantage compared to Science stream as it deals with financial aspects which will be helpful for you after joining the job.

The selection process for Bank jobs is by
Written Exam
Interview

Written Exam consists of questions from the following categories :
Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General Awareness
General English
Computer Knowledge

I would suggest you to join in a good Coaching Institute from the very beginning of your Graduation so that it would be easy for you to get the job easily.
31st May 2018, 10:57 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> As per my knowledge, Commerce is best option to study in Higher Secondary to become a Bank Manager.

=> After completing your 12th class then you should join B.Com course from a well reputed government college.

=> After that you should write exams of IBPS

=> After successful completion of tests you may become Bank manager.
31st May 2018, 03:44 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

For recruitment in bank manager there is no requirement of bachelor degree in a particular stream.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for banking recruitment examination such as PO, Clerk etc.

For recruitment as manager you will be eligible after promotion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?