28th May 2016, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Whether a candidate is capable of studying Science in Higher Secondary of Maharashtra Board if scored 67% in 10th standard?

Hi Friends,
My son wants to study Science in his Higher Secondary. But he has scored only 67% in his 10th standard. He is from Maharashtra Board and we live in Thane. So, with this percentage can he able to take Science with the same Board?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I study Higher Secondary in Australia after completing 10th?
  2. Is it possible to appear in Mathematics exam from NIOS Board if pursuing Higher Secondary Commerce from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  3. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  4. Can a ICSE 10th standard student get admission in Maharashtra State Board?
  5. How can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in a Military School after completing 10th CBSE?
  6. Admission procedure to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University for 10th NIOS candidate?
  7. What should I study in Higher Secondary to pursue B.E.(Computer Science Engineering) being a 10th NIOS student?
  8. Subjects enlisted in IGCSE Higher Secondary Science for 10th ICSE student?
  9. How can I study Science in Higher Secondary at Surat if secured 41% in 10th Gujarat Board?
  10. How to take admission in B.Com after doing 12th with PCM?
  11. How much percentage is required in 10th CBSE to take admission in Higher Secondary Science of WB Board?
  12. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and MP Board to study Higher Secondary?
  13. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
  14. What should I opt to study in Higher Secondary being a NIOS student with mentioned subjects?
  15. Scope of Arts, Science and Commerce? Which one to study in Higher Secondary?
  16. Which Board should I prefer among ISC and CBSE to study Higher Secondary Science if secured 75% in 10th ICSE?
  17. What is the scope of Science to study in Higher Secondary for 10th student?
  18. What is the procedure followed for getting admission in higher secondary school? -- [Most Discussed]
29th May 2016, 05:33 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Whether a candidate is capable of studying Science in Higher Secondary of Maharashtra Board if scored 67% in 10th standard?

Yes, it is possible to take up science in the higher standards with this percentage.

This depends on school to school.
All you need is to shortlist the schools which give admission to the science stream with low percentage and and apply in multiple schools at a time.

Some of the schools will definitely shortlist your son.
29th May 2016, 09:59 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a candidate is capable of studying Science in Higher Secondary of Maharashtra Board if scored 67% in 10th standard?

Yes, your son is eligible to study Science stream in Higher Secondary course from Maharashtra State Board. Candidates who have qualified 10th standard in all subjects from a recognsied board are eligible to study Higher Secondary course. Since, you have secured a good aggregate of 67% marks in your 10th standard board examinations, you are eligible to study Science stream in Higher Secondary of Maharashtra Board.
29th May 2016, 02:14 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, he can take science even with a percentage of 67% in tenth standard. However, since the percentage is not high, so the below actions should be incorporated.

- The application should be made in different schools since the admission chances are less in good schools.
- Certain schools take donation and will offer your son a seat in science stream. Hence, this option should also be considered. If none of the schools are offering seats in multiple list declarations, then this option can be availed.
29th May 2016, 08:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It will depend on the kind of school you are applying admission for. It will also depend on the marks your son has scored in maths and science subject.

Reputed schools have very high cut off marks for admission in science stream these days. 67% marks is not a bad performance but it will be difficult to get admission in the top schools. You can expect admission in lower ranked schools.
29th May 2016, 11:06 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Friends,
My son wants to study Science in his Higher Secondary. But he has scored only 67% in his 10th standard. He is from Maharashtra Board and we live in Thane. So, with this percentage can he able to take Science with the same Board?
Yes, he can study the Science Group in Higher Secondary of Maharashtra Board. The candidate interests in studying the subjects are most important. You can tell him about the subjects and syllabus, if he feels he can then you can put him in the Science Group. If he feels difficult to handle then you can change the group to arts group or commerce group. You have to tell him about the challenges in studying the science group before you put him in the science group.
30th May 2016, 02:37 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, your son can very much get admission in HS under Maharashtra board in 11th science after having scored 67% marks in your 10th board examination as the minimum marks required in order to get admission in 11 science is 60% and however as you have scored 67% marks in your 10th boards, therefore, you are very much eligible to opt for admission in 11 science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?