8th June 2015, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to study Science in Higher Secondary to appear in NATA?

Sir,
Is it necessary that I have to study only
Science in Higher Secondary or can I take
up NATA by studying Commerce in Higher Secondary?
Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any scholarship for Higher Secondary?
  2. What is the scope/outcome of Science in Higher Secondary other than Engineering and Medical?
  3. Is there any scholarship to continue Higher Secondary studies?
  4. What is the scope of Science to study in Higher Secondary for 10th student?
  5. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to study Science in Higher Secondary?
  6. Subjects combination in Higher Secondary for a candidate who want to study Biology?
  7. Eligibility to study B.Sc in Statistics for a candidate who has completed Higher Secondary with Biological Science?
  8. How can I study Higher Secondary in Australia after completing 10th?
  9. Can I get admission to study B.Sc in Economics if completed Higher Secondary with Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study Higher Secondary Science in Abroad?
  11. Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary if secured 6 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  12. Can I get admission to study B.Pharma if pursuing Higher Secondary from Open School?
  13. What combination should I choose in Higher Secondary with Biology for brighter future?
  14. Subjects combination to study in Higher Secondary Science for B.Tech(Electrical/Electronics Engineering) aspirant?
  15. List of Government affiliated Higher Secondary Science schools in Kolkata
  16. Where should I study Higher Secondary Science either in Government school or in Private school?
  17. How to do forensic science after clearing higher secondary with 70%
  18. Which Board should I prefer among ISC and CBSE to study Higher Secondary Science if secured 75% in 10th ICSE?
11th June 2015, 12:42 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to study Science in Higher Secondary to appear in NATA?

Yes to study the course of Architecture studying Science is mandatory.
You will need to study Science in your Higher Secondary Course and then only you will be eligible for the course of Architecture.
If you go and take up Commerce in your Class 12 then you will not be eligible for the NATA Examination.
So make sure you study Science if you are having the ambition of studying Architecture.
11th June 2015, 02:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to study Science in Higher Secondary to appear in NATA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Is it necessary that I have to study only
Science in Higher Secondary or can I take
up NATA by studying Commerce in Higher Secondary?
Please reply as soon as possible.
No, it is not mandatory to study in science for NATA exam.

NATA is an aptitude test conducted by the Council of Architecture for those aspirants who wish to avail admissions into the 5 year B.Arch courses.

Applicants who have passed SSC (Class 10th) or equivalent examination can appear for NATA exam but are not eligible for the B.Arch admissions.

Those candidates who have passed 10+ 2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are eligible for NATA exam. You must have studied Mathematics as a main subject in 10+2 or equivalent.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?