20th January 2018, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Which science group to choose in 12th if I want to pursue B.Sc in Agriculture later?

I want to pursue B.Sc in Agriculture so wanted to know which science group should I choose for my 12th. Going with PCM combination will be helpful or should I go with Physics, Chemistry and Biology group? Which will be more helpful?

21st January 2018, 07:29 AM
chikkykranthi619

Default Re: Which science group to choose in 12th if I want to pursue B.Sc in Agriculture later?

Generally, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is a 4-year course which can be done by the candidates who have done 10+2 with Science stream.
For doing this course you need to crack an entrance exam's like KEAM, EAMCET etc.
Yes as per your choice Physics, Chemistry and Biology group i.e PCB is better because you want to do B.Sc in Agriculture.
This course is completely related to plants and agriculture.So, it will be better if you have Biology as one of your subject's in +2.
21st January 2018, 09:18 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which science group to choose in 12th if I want to pursue B.Sc in Agriculture later?

B.Sc ( Bachelor of Science ) in Agriculture is an undergraduate degree course for which the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics or Agriculture as main subjects from a recognized board.

As far as you are concerned about the subjects combination to be opted for Class 12th studies with Science stream for pursuing B.Sc in Agriculture degree later then I would like to let you know that you just not have to be worried regarding the same as you can opt for any group (PCM/PCB/PCAgri./PCMB ) depending on your strength and interest.
21st January 2018, 11:03 AM
NeptuneSpear

You can take any of the above mentioned streams Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics in class 11th. As far as the B.Sc in Agriculture is concerned, you must go with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as Biology syllabus deals with various topics that include plants, soil etc. it will be helpful in your graduation subjects.

- B.Sc Agriculture is 3 year degree course. Following are the good colleges in B.Sc Agriculture :

- Punjab Agriculture University

- Tamil Nadu University

- Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Pune

- Haryana Agriculture University

- Birsa Agricultural University
21st January 2018, 11:03 AM
vineeth560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to pursue B.Sc in Agriculture so wanted to know which science group should I choose for my 12th. Going with PCM combination will be helpful or should I go with Physics, Chemistry and Biology group? Which will be more helpful?
You can go for BiPC (Biology, Physics and Chemistry) group as it would be helpful and generally to do B.Sc in Agriculture it would be mandatory to do BiPC in some universities.
21st January 2018, 11:40 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue BSc in Agriculture, then you have to opt for either medical or non medical stream in your 11th and 12th standard. If you want to opt for PCB combination in your 11th and 12th standard then also you are eligible for this course.
21st January 2018, 11:50 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc Agriculture is four years duration course and candidate are eligible to pursue after 12th std.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in PCB or PCM as main paper.

The age limit and minimum required aggregate vary with entrance test.

The most common entrance test for admission in government colleges is AIEEA which is conducted by ICAR every year.

So, you can pursue anyone either PCB or PCM if you want to get admission in B.Sc Agriculture course.
21st January 2018, 12:09 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

You should go with PCB( Physics, Chemistry, Biology) of Science stream in class 11 as well as class 12. A candidate completed the 12 class board exam in science stream with PCB and must get 50% marks in the exam is eligible to pursue B.Sc course in Agriculture.
21st January 2018, 02:50 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

As you are going to pursue B.Sc. Agriculture, so PCB (i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology) would be best suitable for you to opt for 11th and 12th.

However, if you would have chosen B.Sc. Mathematics, then PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) would have been the appropriate option.

In B.Sc. Agriculture, you will have to study many concepts related to Biology, so PCB will be better stream to choose.
21st January 2018, 05:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The academic qualification required for Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is that candidate must have done senior secondary board examination either with the PCM subject group or PCB subject group. Both stream candidates are eligible for Bachelor of Agriculture.

You can apply for Indian Council of Agriculture Research All India Entrance Examination for Admission in Bachelor of Agriculture. You need to have minimum of 50% marks in 12th to apply for ICAR AIEEA.
21st January 2018, 05:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue B.Sc Agriculture after completing 12th then you should chose Biology as main subject.
As because to pursue graduation in Agriculture stream it is compulsory to pursue 10+2 having Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject.
21st January 2018, 05:42 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

In order to be eligible to join B.Sc Agriculture course, the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates is by completion of 12th class with 50% of marks.

It is necessary that the candidate should have gone through Science subjects like Botany and Zoology.

It is not mandatory that the candidate should also have Mathematics subjects along with Science subjects.

So, as per query Bio-Maths candidate in 10+2 are also join this course.

As per admission procedure, different universities are offering this course and they would conduct their own entrance exams to give admission for this course.

The duration of this course is 4 years.

Gain good subject knowledge during your B.Sc Agriculture which would be very useful for you after joining in job.

ALL THE BEST.
21st January 2018, 05:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To take admission in B.Sc agriculture science stream is mandatory with minimum of 50 - 60% (depends on Institute of Institute) in 12th .

A background of science is mandatory to apply for B.Sc in agriculture. You can opt for physics, chemistry and mathematics / biology/ agriculture after 10th standard.

Like other graduation courses B.Sc in agriculture is of three years duration.
21st January 2018, 06:25 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned in the thread that you want to pursue B.Sc in Agriculture after completing 12th, then you have to select PCB (physics, chemistry and biology) in your 12th standard and must have to pass 12th with at least 60% to get in B.Sc in Agriculture.
21st January 2018, 08:44 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about pursuing B.Sc ( Bachelor of Science ) in Agriculture then for that, you need to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics or Agriculture as the main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.

Further as far as you are concerned about the selection within PCM or PCB group than for your information PCM will offer you career scope in technical sector whereas PCB will offer you in a biological and zoological sector and hence you can opt for any group as per your strength and interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?