8th April 2017, 09:27 PM
SAPTARSHI DAS GUPTA

Can I opt for Agricultural education after completion of 12th standard with PCM and computer science?

I am a science student in durgapur west bengal. I am in class 12. My subjects are Physics Chemistry Maths and computer science . I just want to know whether I can opt for Agricultural Education after completing My Hs. Can you please provide me the details? Thanks!

9th April 2017, 09:27 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I opt for Agricultural education after completion of 12th standard with PCM and computer science?

Having completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics you are certainly eligible for pursuing undergraduate degree courses in Agriculture like B.Sc in Agri., Agricultural engineering if your aggregate in your Class 12th is at least 50% as for these courses the minimum education requirement is a higher secondary school degree with PCM/PCB/PCAg. with at least 50% from a recognized board of examination.

Further for pursuing the same courses from top government agriculture colleges you need to qualify AIEEA UG held by ICAR or State CETs held by different concerned state board of education.
9th April 2017, 12:02 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I opt for Agricultural education after completion of 12th standard with PCM and computer science?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue agriculture courses after 12th. The eligibility to get admission in agriculture course such as B.Sc Agriculture is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th with PCM/PCB as main paper.

The minimum age limit and required aggregate in 12th examination varies with entrance examination.

So, you can appear for entrance examination to get admission in agriculture course.
9th April 2017, 02:12 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to join BSc in agriculture after passing your 12th standard. As you have passed your 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics and additional subject computer science so you are definitely eligible to join Bsc agriculture. Both Medical and non medical students are eligible to join Bsc agriculture and for that you can also appear in entrance exam conducted by many universities. You can also take management quota seat if you are not able to qualify the entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?