19th September 2015, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Which is better to study among B.Sc and B.Tech to become an IAS Officer?

Friends,
I have passed 12th from Science stream. I want to be an IAS Officer. So please help me and tell me for graduation course which will be better for me among B.Sc or B.Tech?

21st September 2015, 08:08 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which is better to study among B.Sc and B.Tech to become an IAS Officer?

The candidate must be Graduation passed in any discipline that doesn’t matters.

The compulsory subject in the Preliminary exam for IAS is General studies and the one from arts background has better knowledge of this particular subject.

Similarly, the compulsory subjects for the Main exam are one Indian language, English, Essay and General studies. In this case also you will find that the one from arts background is more familiar with the subjects compared to the one from other stream.

So, it does not mean that the candidates with BSc or B.com degree are not capable of clearing the exam but the one from Arts stream definitely have advantage.

So, if being an IAS officer is your ultimate goal, I would suggest you to follow the Arts stream.

It is fact that Maximum Engineers who appear for Indian Civil Service get into IPS.
22nd September 2015, 01:11 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Which is better to study among B.Sc and B.Tech to become an IAS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I have passed 12th from Science stream. I want to be an IAS Officer. So please help me and tell me for graduation course which will be better for me among B.Sc or B.Tech?
It is nice to see that you are interested to become an IAS officer. You can select any course based on your Interest. Any stream students are eligible to appear in the IAS entrance exam. However, please the course based on the IAS syllabus which is easy for you.

Normally, the IAS examination question paper contains two sections. The first part contains a preliminary test. It includes multiple choice questions, which will be in objective type. The second is a Main exam. Both parts will be of 200 marks. The candidates who pass the entrance exam are eligible to attend the interview.

IAS Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidates in order apply for the IAS exam need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The candidate is required to attain the age of 21 years and should not exceed 30 years of age.
- Reserved category candidates will get the relaxation up to 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
23rd September 2015, 06:25 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

There is not specialized category mention for the IAS studies, you can opt any of the category of your own. The thing is that you have to be Graduate in any of the stream to become an IAS officer.

Eligibility criteria for IAS:

Candidates Should be a Graduate in any of the stream from a recognized University.
Candidates age must be in between 21-30 years. There is a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.

Official website is www.upsc.gov.in
3rd May 2017, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an IAS officer i am pursuing for b.tech which course would be most appropriate according to this syllabus of the IAS exam
11th December 2017, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Which is better for civil servant b.sc or b.tech.my dream is became a ips officer so please give me advice on g.mail [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?