28th May 2017, 09:18 PM
Nishant Kapri

How many hours an ordinary student should study to become an IAS Officer?

I am an ordinary student. I want to know that how many hours, I have to study to become an IAS officer. My grade in 7th is C+. I have thought so much about it and now i want to know that how many hrs i have to study and which subject i have to study more to become an IAS officer. Please reply my question.

I would very Thankfull for it ,and
Thank you in advance

29th May 2017, 12:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many hours an ordinary student should study to become an IAS Officer?

You have to follow these given below tips in order to get succeed to become IAS officer:

- Firstly you have to make yourself ensure that you can achieve anything which you really believe in yourself and have to study smartly and have to work very hard.

- You have to clear your basics right from your 7th or 8th standard because that will really help you in future. Focus on your NCERT books and don't give importance to one subject right now because in your graduation level you will definitely come to know that which one your strengthened subject. Now you have to give importance to each and every subject because that will help you to clear your basic concepts.

- Make your calculations fast and you can also download some apps which give you tricky and helpful ideas to solve the mathematic equations of reasoning questions within few seconds without wasting time.

- Subscribe some magazines such as Pratiyogita Darpan or success mirror or according to your level which you can read easily because Pratiyogita Darpan is of higher level so you can also go for small books of current affairs.

- Give time to your physical activity also.
29th May 2017, 06:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many hours an ordinary student should study to become an IAS Officer?

You will have to study subjects of arts stream like Political Science, History, Economics, Geography more.

There is no such particular rule that you need to study certain fixed hours to become Indian Administrative Services officer. Generally, a candidate should study 7-8 hours everyday with full concentration.

Quality hours of study matter, number of hours do not matter.
29th May 2017, 06:41 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become an IAS then you must have to labour very hard.
It is not an easy task to qualify un this exam.
You need to write UPSC exam which is conducted every year.
An ordinary student also qualify UPSC by doing hard labour. He must have to study more than 18 hours per day.

Some of the optional subjects are given below:-

History
Geography
Political Science
English
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Maths
29th May 2017, 10:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There is no any specified time table ( routine) released by any expert that should be followed and after that there is 100% change of qualifying in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The key for success in examination is you need dedication, determination and devotion along with smart work in your studies.

Some of the recommended books for preparation of examination is :-

NCERTs ( 6th -12th ).

The Hindu, The Indian Express etc.

You can take help of online study material and test series also for preparation of examination. For syllabus and other details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th May 2017, 10:19 AM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> Firstly I admire you for your interest towards IAS.
-> With respect to your grade it seems like you are an average student so you have to focus more than normal students do.
-> As you have to cover both IAS syllabus and your studies , you have to prepare schedule which is perfect to cover both.
30th May 2017, 06:41 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There is no hard and fast rule that a Civil Services aspirant need to study a specified set of hours to become IAS officer. As you are in standard seventh, a long way to go for Civil Services exam but its good that you have selected your career option.

Right from now, you can study social science subjects with interest as they will help you in later stage of preparation. You should devise a study plan of 8-10 hours daily with break to give relaxation to your mind and body. Later on, you can increase it if you are capable of long hours of study.

Hard and smart work is necessary to crack Civil Services examination. The minimum age limit to appear for exam is 21 years. Graduates or final year graduation candidates can apply for this examination.
16th September 2017, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

I am in 7 th standard and I have to become a ias officer in future.plz say me what should should I study daily and how amny hours should I study per day.Say me some tips on how to become ias offiver? Which bookd are recommanended for reading
10th November 2018, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an IAS officer and my interest is in medical stream but people are suggesting arts for me .
Please tell me that can I crack IAS with that stream in which I am interested ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?