30th October 2015, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Score required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Calicut?

Explain me that what is the score i should get in jee mains to get admission nit calicut at present i am studying in class11

31st October 2015, 08:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Score required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Calicut?

The cut off marks required in Joint Entrance Examination mains stage for admission in various NITs all over India is not fixed and it changes every year.

Every year the cut off marks for general category is around 110 marks but for admission in NITs, a candidate must score above 200 marks and along with that you should have good percentage of marks in 10+2 then only you can get admission in NITs like NIT Calicut.

This is a general assumption, it may change. Hence it is advisable to score as much as you can out of the total marks for better probability of getting admission in desired college.
1st November 2015, 12:24 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Explain me that what is the score i should get in jee mains to get admission nit calicut at present i am studying in class11
NIT Calicut is one of most demanding institute among all the NITs all over the India.

You will have to secure rank under 5k to get the desired branch in the NIT Calicut.

If you are aspiring for Computer Science branch which is the most favorable branch in NIT Calicut, then you will have to struggle more.

To bring around 5k AIR in JEE Main, your score in JEE Main should be above 250.

However, it also depend on your 10+2 percentage too. I had estimated your rank by considering the percentage of 92%.

If you are having percentage of 92% in 10+2 and 250 score in JEE Main, then very fluently your JEE Main AIR would be around 5k.

Cut offs increases and decreases every year so there could be slight changes in your AIR.

The cut offs of JEE Main Exam 2015 were:
  • CML - 105
  • OBC - 70
  • SC - 50
  • ST - 44

These cut-offs were to qualify for JEE Advanced Exam.
1st November 2015, 12:39 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for the Joint Entrance Examination. This is the entrance exam conducted by the Central board of Secondary Education for undergraduate courses in engineering. You must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects.

There are two stages of this exam:

1. JEE mains

2. JEE advanced.

For the admission in NIT, rank of JEE mains is taken into account. JEE mains is of 360 marks, for admission in top NITs like Warangal, Trichy, Calicut etc, a candidate from general category must score at least 230 marks out of 360 marks in JEE mains exam. For OBC candidate it should be 200 marks or more.

Other than this you must have at least 80% or more in board exams.
15th November 2015, 08:57 PM
shivani sawarn
Member+

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

NIT Calicut is one of most requesting foundation among every one of the NITs everywhere throughout the India.

You will need to secure rank under 5 thousand to get the craved branch in the NIT Calicut.

In the event that you are trying for Computer Science branch which is the most ideal branch in NIT Calicut, then you will need to battle more.

To get around 5 thousand AIR JEE Main, your score in JEE Main ought to be above 250.

Notwithstanding, it likewise rely on upon your 12th rate as well. I had evaluated your rank by considering the rate of 92%.

On the off chance that you are having rate of 92% in 12th and 250 score in JEE Main, then smoothly your JEE Main AIR would be around 5 thousand.

Shorts expands and diminishes each year so there could be slight changes in your AIR.

The shorts of JEE Main Exam 2015 were:-

* CML - 105.

* OBC - 70.

* SC - 50.

* ST - 44.

These shorts were to meet all requirements for JEE Advanced Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?