8th February 2018, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Scored 50% in B.Com. Am I eligible for CA course?

My marks in B.com is 50%. Can I apply in CA Course? If yes, then which all documents are required for registration and how much is the registration fee? Can I apply online on CA site?

17th February 2018, 04:44 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scored 50% in B.Com. Am I eligible for CA course?

CA refers to chartered Accountancy and same is a professional course comprises of three stages which includes CPT ( Common Proficiency Test ) followed by IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ) and the final stage course.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for pursuing CA degree course having completed your B.Com degree with 50% marks then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible for the same through CPT channel as for appearing in CPT the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree from a recognized board of education.

For details regarding the registration and for filling the registration for CPT you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
18th February 2018, 03:02 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for Chartered Accountant.

Yes off course you are eligible for CA after B.Com.

A Chartered Accountant is a person who specialized in Taxation, Auditing and Accounting. He also performs as a management and corporate caretaker.

Eligibility criteria:

Graduation in Commerce with minimum 50% marks.

Non Commerce student should have a minimum 60% marks in Graduation with one subject as Mathematics.

There is no age criteria for CA course.

Yes, you can apply online on CA site.
20th February 2018, 10:05 PM
randhirk.rk

CA or Chartered accountancy course can be pursued by a student who has just passed class 12th.

After passing class 12th , a student has to take admission in the CPT of CA course.
CPT exams are held twice each year
After you pass CPT stage you take admission in IPCC.Graduates/Post Graduates of commerce with minimum 55% marks can directly take admission in IPCC stage and other graduates with 60% marks can take admission in IPCC stage

After passing IPCC , you have to do 3 years Articleship under a practising CA

After articleship, you give CA Final exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?