9th February 2018, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

CBSE private candidates are eligible for NEET and AIIMS 2018 or not?

I have appeared for CBSE 12th Board exam last year but I failed in one subject which is Physics and my percentage was quite low, I have decided to appear for all 5 subjects as a CBSE private candidate. Will I be eligible for various examinations as NEET and AIIMS in 2018?

20th February 2018, 01:05 PM
NivePrabu

Default Re: CBSE private candidates are eligible for NEET and AIIMS 2018 or not?

NEET Eligibility:
Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open schools or as Private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test UG...
As per this rule,you are not eligible to appear for NEET..
For AIIMS,there is no such rule..You can appear for AIIMS..
20th February 2018, 07:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CBSE private candidates are eligible for NEET and AIIMS 2018 or not?

Yes, you will be certainly eligible for appearing in NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) and AIIMS 2018 examination even if you clear your Class 12th as a private candidate as what all required for appearing in these examination is a Class 12th passed degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 60% marks in case of AIIMS ) from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, if you satisfy the above mentioned marks requirements in your Class 12th then you are certainly eligible for appearing in NEET and AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in where as for details regarding AIIMS MBBS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.aiimsexams.org.
20th February 2018, 10:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

As per rules and regulations mentioned in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test eligibility criteria of 2018, private candidates of Central board of Secondary Education are not eligible for NEET examination.

You can not apply for NEET and AIIMS entrance examination for admission in MBBS course in academic year in 2018.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?