17th November 2015, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

SCRA 2016 application form released or not?

Sir... Please tell me if upsc scra 2016 will be held or not.

The application form was to be released on 3rd of Oct. Bt it is not yet released.

Moreover..a lot of confusion is being created about scrapping of the exam by upsc.
Please..clarify my doubts.

Am I checking the wrong site..??..
Please provide me the link of the form if it has been released.

17th November 2015, 05:42 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: SCRA 2016 application form released or not?

SCRA 2016 has been cancelled as per the UPSC Calendar uploaded on the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.

Lots of articles were in newspapers stating that Railways favours scrapping of Special Class Railway Apprentice exam.
17th November 2015, 05:57 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

SCRA stands for the Special Class Railway Apprentice exam. This exam will no longer conducted by the UPSC.

Earlier in academic calendar of 2016 of UPSC, it was mentioned that SCRA will be conducted but Indian Railways gave nod for not conducting this exam any more.
17th November 2015, 12:22 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir... Please tell me if upsc scra 2016 will be held or not.

The application form was to be released on 3rd of Oct. Bt it is not yet released.

Moreover..a lot of confusion is being created about scrapping of the exam by upsc.
Please..clarify my doubts.

Am I checking the wrong site..??..
Please provide me the link of the form if it has been released.
Yes you are right. Intitially the tentative date for the release of the notification was decided to be 3rd of October by UPSC and the exam was supposed to take place in January. Unfortunately the notification has still not been released. But according to fresh reports by this month some news about the exam is going to be published. So I would recommend you to keep visiting the official website of UPSC and keep yourself updated on any news regarding the exam.

SCRA Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • To sit for the SCRA exam you need to pass class 12th examination with Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry should be studied as one of their main subject in the examination.
  • It is important to secure either the first or second division in the exam.
  • Graduates with Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry should be studied as one of their main subject in the examination are also considered eligible to sit for this exam.
Age Criteria: 17- 21 years.

Exam Pattern:-
  • Paper I: General Ability Test (GK, English & Psychological Test):-200 marks
  • Paper II: Physical Sciences (Physics & Chemistry):- 200 marks
  • Paper III: Mathematics:- 200 marks
  • Personality Test- 200 marks
Official Website: http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/scra.htm
/
17th November 2015, 04:41 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are right the Special Class Railway Apprentice exam has been scrapped by the Union Public Service Commission. UPSC has asked Indian Railways for either scrapping this exam or not.

Indian Railways suggested to cancel this exam. That is application form for the SCRA 2016 which was supposed to be released on 3rd of October is not yet out.
17th November 2015, 06:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

SCRA 2016 application form is already released.

Important Dates (Tentative) of SCRA Exam 2016

Notification will be published on: 3rd, October 2015

Online Registration Starts: October 2015

Last Date for Online Registration: 30th October, 2015

Examination Date: 10th January, 2016
17th November 2015, 07:23 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

SCRA is the exam conducts by upsc.

notification for these as per last year the notification used be held in october. but due to some railway and upsc issues the notification had not uploaded. if in case in this year the notification is not uploaded then next year 2016 the opening of the seat would be doubled.

so be updated with www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?