21st July 2012, 04:23 PM

Should I do B.Tech after passing 12th with Biology?

1. should i do b-tech after passing 12 by biology(PCB)?
2. What is B-tech?

29th July 2012, 12:11 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do B.Tech after passing 12th with Biology?

With Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject combination in 12th you can not take admission in B.Tech. If you have mathematics as additional subject and you appeared in examination in mathematics then you will get chance to appear in engineering entrance examination if you have more than 45% marks generally(Depends on the entrance examination criterion). Engineering entrance examination is examination to take admission in B.Tech.

B.Tech is Bachelor of Technology which is engineering study. After study in 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics subject students are eligible to take admission in B.Tech. To take admission in B.Tech you have to clear engineering entrance examination. There are various engineering entrance examination conducted like AIEEE, IIT JEE and other state level examination.

If you clear AIEEE with good rank then as per your rank through counseling you will be able to take admission in NITs as well as in other engineering colleges throughout India. If you can crack IIT JEE then you will be able to take admission in IITs based on your IIT rank. IITs are the best institution in India for science and technical study. So it's better to take admission in B.Tech in IIT than any other institution. If you can clear state level engineering entrance examination then you will be able to take admission in engineering colleges which are within you are state.

There are so many streams in engineering like Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer science Engineering, Information technology, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering and many more. If you are eligible and if you are going to take admission in engineering then choose one branch of engineering as per your interest and performance. If you like to built your career in computer field then take admission in engineering with branch computer science engineering.

Beside B.tech you may go for so many other courses. As you have Biology subject then you may try for medical field. Appear in medical entrance examination to study in medical field. You may also take admission in general B.Sc course with Biology Hons or in any other subject in which you have good interest. Now you have to decide your career option based on your interest and performance in 12th.

Best of luck.
29th July 2012, 10:06 AM
karthik.mm
Member+

Dear friend,

1)To answer What B-tech Is?

BTech is Bachelors in Technology which is considered as Engineering all over India.

Karnataka Doesn't Provide B tech Regular as they have Bachelors in Engineering(BE).

But KSOU Provide BTech Correspondence.

The Minimum Eligibility Criteria To join BE/B Tech is a candidate should at least obtain 45% of marks in all the subjects.

Should write entrance examination like AIEEE, IIT JEE Or CET.

After qualifying these Exams You will be rewarded a rank .

The Rank will allow you to select some top Engineering Colleges.

After Wards You can Join the college and take part in studies.

2)To Answer What to do after passing 12th with Biology?

There are Various Filed Like Bsc Bio tech, BSc Cs,Electronics etc ,BA BCA,Bcom etc

Try to go through All the possible fields in brief,Choose the field which you find easy to understand the concepts in the field.

Then Only you can excel In that field.
Pursue your Dreams.

All The Best
29th July 2012, 12:30 PM
sulphur-di-oxide

Dear JAMESS,
No disrespect but I may have to correct you regarding your top-answer that one can always apply after having Biology as one of the subject in 12th boards. Today when one can do engineering and can certainly get admission in engg. college by not giving AIEEE entrance exam, then it is always possible for one to pursue engineering studies without having science subjects in 12th.
If anyone wants to pursue engineering and believes that he has that passion and insight, then he/she is always eligible regardless of his subjects in 12th class. Although he may not get a chance to enter into one of the best colleges (i mean the IITs and NITs) but even then it does not matter in present-times~
15th October 2012, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Should I do B.tech in agreeculture after passing 12th with only B group?
18th January 2013, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

can we do btech without computer subject after 12th ?
17th March 2013, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Can i study B.Tech with my 12th science stream (phy,che,bio,eng,computer science)...?
9th July 2013, 07:53 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I do B.Tech after passing 12th with Biology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
1. should i do b-tech after passing 12 by biology(PCB)?
2. What is B-tech?
Hi

This is a very valid question and I appreciate the way you have expressed yourself and put down both your questions in the points format. So I would be explaining both of them in detail.

First of all I need to inform you, that in 12th there are two streams out of which the candidates pass out. They are:

Medical (PCMB or PCB)
OR
Non Medical (PCM)

Now for your information all the students who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in their 12th Higher Secondary, then they are surely eligible to go for the B.Tech course about which I would explain further. So for example, if you have studied PCMB, or PCM, then you can surely apply for the B.Tech course to take it up as your graduation.

However if you have not done Mathematics, then you ARE NOT eligible for the B.Tech or any other technical course related to this. This is because, its really important as a subject to be studied to make a career in the technical stream.

So now it totally depends, which stream are you from because in your query, you have not mentioned it and so I lack that information. If you have the scope of taking up B.Tech and you have interest in the same, then you shoudl go for it and ignore the biology subject which you studied. But if you have due interest in Medical stream, then do not consider taking B.Tech as your graduation.

On the other hand, a few things you should know about B.Tech is that is called "Bachelors in Technology" and its a full time technical graduation course which is of duration 4 years.

Since its one of the major course and very much in demand in the present market, therefore there are a lot of Entrance Exams which are conducted in India for the selection of candidates for the same. Some of the top entrances to name are:

IIT JEE, AIEEE, DCE CEE, BITSAT, WB JEE, UPTUEE, SRMEEE, VITEEE, etc and many more. So if you want to take admission in any of the top B.Tech colleges, then you have to clear any one of these entrance and secure a seat in them.

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
9th January 2014, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

what professional courses can i take after 12 with the combination physics ,chemistry,biology and home science? I have special interest in Chemistry.
7th March 2014, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

[[email protected];2482930]1. should i do b-tech after passing 12 by biology
other wise what can i do . i wnt to go civil branch
26th March 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

should i do btech in biotechnology or btech in bioinformatics withou maths in class 12?
and please mention the colleges offering for the same
thankyou
26th March 2014, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

should i do btech in biotechnology or btech in bioinformatics withou maths in class 12?
thankyou
26th March 2014, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

thankyou
21st May 2014, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I do b.sc with mathematics after passing 12th with physics,chemistry and biology?
10th June 2014, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 12th with biology.i am interested in biotechnology.what steps should i take to pursue my career the best???
12th June 2014, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12 th std in pcm group so can i take biotechnology branch for btech bt i did nt have bio sub in 12th std but i would like to do btech in biotechnology branch
5th July 2014, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Is there any possibility for doing higher studies in biology field after my b tech course? Pls reply
23rd July 2014, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Is there any chance that i could take biology after studting maths, physics, chem &computers in 12th???
31st October 2014, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am Arjun kumar. I am studying in Class 12th in Bihar . I have Physics , Chemistry and Biology as main subject and mathematics as additional subject .I want to studying engineering in Civil engineering. Can I study. Can I participate all engineering entrance exam.Tell me name please because I have very tension and pressure.
Please reply as early as possible.
[email protected]. Thanks..
31st October 2014, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am Arjun kumar. I am studying in Class 12th in Bihar . I have Physics , Chemistry and Biology as main subject and mathematics as additional subject .I want to studying engineering in Civil engineering. Can I study. Can I participate all engineering entrance exam.Tell me name please because I have very tension and pressure.
Please reply as early as possible.
[email protected]. Thanks..
23rd April 2015, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
i am nishi tamiya.i have recently completed my 12th . my subjects are physics,chemistry nd biology nd hindi.i am intrested in microbiology nd organic chemistry .i am thinking about doing bsc from these subjects . i am expecting 60 % marks in 12 th. should i apply for bsc from these subjects . iam very tensed about my career.plzz suggest me as early as possible
thank u :(
3rd June 2015, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

sir I has complete diploma in mechanical I want to do b.tech then wht is the admissions process...pls give information abt it
4th June 2015, 04:12 PM
swatisharma6

No,you can not do b.tech if you have passed 12th with pcmb subject .for b.tech there are pcm subjects required.if you have addition mathematics subject then you take admission in b.tech
8th March 2018, 07:22 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 12th in math, physics,chemistry and biology and i have iti diploma in electrician trade now in which field i can go for best job?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?