22nd March 2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Should I do UG or PG for IAS?

sir should i do undergraduate or postgraduate for ias?...please send to me the details

29th March 2013, 05:06 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I do UG or PG for IAS?

UG degree is enough for IAS. Upper age limit is 30 years. Selection process is done by UPSC through prelims and mains exams. Subjects like Indian polity, geography, history of India, and general science will be asked for the exam. Enough details regarding this can be collected from UPSC portal.
29th March 2013, 10:02 PM
helper1

heloo friend,

IAS or Indian Administrative Service is a popular service which is a civil service whose exam is conducted by a commission named UPSC or UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION of india.

UPSC is a popular commission conducts a number of other exams along with these civil services exams as defense services exams etc.

The officers of the IAS play a major role in managing the bureaucracy of both the Union Government and the State governments, with its members holding strategic posts across the country.

To appear for the IAS exam,you must have to satisfy certain eligibility conditions or criteria which are in regards to :

--educational qualifications
--age limit
--number of attempts
--physical criteria etc.

Eligibility criteria :

1.YOu must be graduate from recognized & well reputed university of india with a minimum of 55-60% marks aggregate in any discipline.

2.Your age must be within 21-30 years.

3.You must be physically and mentally fit and strong.

4.You have a maximum of 4 attempts,if general and otherwise 7 attempts.

Exam pattern :

General english
general science
general studies
general awareness
general aptitude
reasoning Etc.

best of luck !!
31st March 2013, 09:02 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir should i do undergraduate or postgraduate for ias?...please send to me the details
Nice to see your interest in the Civil Services. To appear in the IAS entrance examination you need pass graduation degree (i.e UG) in any stream from a recognize board.

IAS is stand for the Indian Administrative Service. Indian Administrative Services (IAS) is the one of the famous and respected job of India. IAS entrance examination is come under civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC once in every year. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria :

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Examination :
--> pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year candidates can also apply for the Civil Services examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible for the Civil service examination. For details and complete information regarding Civil Services examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st April 2013, 12:46 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.................

First you can appear for Civil Examination

Civil Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones,

For this Civil Examination some eligibility are there

if you satisfy these all eligibility then you are eligible for civil examination

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

Educational Qualification

>> Candidates have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university,

>> Final year students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

Nationality

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

>> Maximum 7 attempts for general candidates

>> Maximum 4 attempts for OBC Candidates

>> There is no restriction for SC/ST candidates
1st April 2013, 01:11 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

For Indian Administrative Service, under graduate degree is enough. There is no need to do post graduation. However you can also apply for IAS after completing post graduation degree as well.

But as far as requirement is concerned, Union Public Service Commission is crystal clear that candidate should have a graduation degree like Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science etc. Any graduation degree which is completed from a recognized university is acceptable.

Therefore there is no need to do post graduation just to appear for the Indian Administrative Service. Having completed post graduation will not give you edge over other candidates.

The selection is done through 3 stages.

Preliminary Exam

The first stage is preliminary exam where candidate has to attempt 2 written tests. On the basis of his performance in these 2 exams, he/she will be allowed to appear for the Main Exam. It is important to understand that preliminary exam is just a qualifying examination. The score of this exam is not included in the final score of the candidate.

Main Exam

After clearing preliminary you will be called for the Main Examination. You will have to attempt 9 written tests and clear then to be eligible for next stage. For Main examination you will have to select 2 optional subjects of your choice for 4 written tests. You are also eligible to select subject for the Indian language paper. It could be Hindi any other language which is known to you. But should be from the list.

Interview

The last stage is personal interview after which the candidates are selected for Indian Administrative Service.

Eligibility

1. The IAS entrance exam is only for Indian nationals.

2. A bachelor degree is sufficient enough to apply.

3. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

4. Relaxation for OBC - 3 years.

5. Relaxation for SC/ST - 5 years.
11th April 2013, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

which kind of UG/PG should i do for I.A.S?
19th December 2013, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir I don't have ug degree but I had PG degree I am eligibale for ias exam
13th October 2019, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Which is best coaching centre in India and in Kerala ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?