17th June 2013, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy

hi sir,
i am persuing physiotherpy 1 year. but i want to become an IAS officer.my graduation is totally different but at the same time
i want to prepare for IAS. am i eligible for ias.

18th July 2013, 11:22 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi sir,
i am persuing physiotherpy 1 year. but i want to become an IAS officer.my graduation is totally different but at the same time
i want to prepare for IAS. am i eligible for ias.
Aspiring to become an IAS officer is meaningful thought. Good. Well, I presume that you are doing bachelors in physiotherapy from a recognized university. Then you are definitely eligible for it, IAS exam. One should apply for Civil Services Exam to become an IAS officer.

No need to worry as your graduation stream is different, UPSC invites application from candidates of diverse fields. That is the reason why it has not restricted to a set of disciplines. Graduate of any discipline are allowed to write UPSC exam and in your case allowed to become IAS officer.

Preparing for IAS at the same time while you do graduation course is bit difficult. But not impossible for a determined mind. You need to do a bit extra hard-work. If you are good at planning that will be even easier for you to manage two tasks at the same time.

Before that I would like to suggest you to tune your mind to civil services. Ask this question to yourself 'Why I want to become IAS officer?'
What is the purpose of it? Can I really do some good to the country by becoming an IAS officer? Or Am I just thinking because of its prestige and power? If you are in favor of last question you need to re-think your decision.

Anyway getting back to the point. Don't worry UPSC don't restrict anyone's chance to become an IAS officer and serve his/her own country. Be it science graduate, marine graduate or physiotherapy graduate. One can apply and become IAS officer. What are you still waiting for? Move on and get ready for the battle.

Good Luck
Regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?