28th February 2012, 07:25 PM
sweethapriya

Should I go for CA or CS? I am a B.E computer science student

I am a B.E computer science student. now i want to take up my father's business so i want to study either CA or CS. which one is better for me.
if take a CS course now can i directly go for intermediate course.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do BCA or BBA after doing computer science?
  2. B.E., B.Sc, BCA or Diploma which is better to study Computer Science for 2nd PUC student?
  3. Possibility to study M.Tech(Computer Science) after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  4. Which is better choice for me between B.Ed and M.Phil being a candidate of M.Sc in Computer Science?
  5. MCA holder is eligible for the post of assistant professor in B.Sc Computer Science?
  6. MCA or M.Sc(Computer Science) which is better to study for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate?
  7. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  8. Is there any future studying Computer Science in India? Best public colleges which provide Bachelor or Master degrees in Computer Science?
  9. Which course can I do after passing 12th? I am a computer science student
  10. Subjects in GATE for Computer Science student?
  11. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  12. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  13. List of colleges for doing M.Sc. and M.Phil. in computer science? Can I do Ph.D. just after B.Sc. in computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Colleges offering admission in Master of Computer Science in India for Bachelor of Computer Science student? Entrance exams for admission?
  15. How much salary I will get after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)? What should I study among MCA and M.Sc after B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  16. Should I go for CA or CS? I am a B.E computer science student
  17. Should I migrate to IT stream being a B.Sc(Computer Science) student? -- [New]
  18. Can I be a software engineer? I am a student of science stream
16th May 2012, 12:26 AM
krithika.mm

Default Re: Should I go for CA or CS? I am a B.E computer science student

Company Secretary Course

A company secretary is one of the main officers on the board members of any company. In order to pursue a company secretary career, there are certain aspects that aspiring company secretaries should be aware of.

Company Secretary Eligibility
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India or ICSI conducts the company secretary course in 3 parts, namely, Foundation course, Intermediate or executive course, and Final or professional course.

Eligibility for Foundation Course:
The minimum educational qualification required to apply for a company secretary foundation course is 10+2 in any stream. Students who have appeared in their class XII exam and are waiting for their results are also eligible for the course. However, the final year students have to produce pass certificate within 6 months from the time of admission. The foundation course is of 8 months duration. After completing the Foundation course, the students can apply for the Intermediate course.

Eligibility for Intermediate/ Executive Course:
Gradutes of all streams except Fine Arts are eligible for a company secretary executive course. Candidates who are qualified in Foundation course and are below 17 years of age can also apply for executive program.

ICAI and ICWAI students, graduates, post graduates can take direct admission into Intermediate without having the need to complete Foundation course.

Eligibility for Final/ Professional Course:
After having qualified in the Intermediate course, a student is eligible to study the final course.

Company Secretary Training:
A student who has passed the executive or professional course has to undergo the management training of 15 months either in the companies sponsored by the institute or under the guidance of a Company Secretary in practice.

Company Secretary Entrance Exam Syllabus

For the Foundation Program, the syllabus is as follows:

Financial Accounting
English and Business Communication
Elements of Business Laws and Management
Economics and Statistics

For the Executive Program, the syllabus is as follows:

Module I:

Company Accounts, Cost and Management Accounting
General and Commercial Laws
Tax Laws

Module II:

Securities Laws and Compliances
Economic and Labour Laws
Company Law

For the Professional Program, the syllabus is given below:

Module I:

Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings
Company Secretarial Practice

Module II:

Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency
Financial, Treasury and Forex Management

Module III:

Advanced Tax Laws and Practice
Strategic Management, International Trade and Alliances

Module IV:

Government, Sustainability and Business Ethics
Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Requirements for becoming a Chartered Accountant[/COLOR]

--> Enrol with the Institute for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after passing class 10

--> Appear in CPT after appearing in the senior secondary examination (10+2 examination)

--> Enrol for Group I or Group II or for both Group I and Group II of Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) to become “Chartered Accountant”.

--> Successfully complete 9 months of study course from the date of IPCC registration.

--> Successfully complete Orientation Course of one week spanning 35 hours

--> Successfully complete 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT) before commencement of articled training.

--> Appear and pass Group I as well as Group II of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE).
Group I is composed of four papers and Group II is composed of three papers.

--> Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years, on passing either Group I or both the Groups of IPCE.

--> Register for CA Final Course and prepare for CA Final Examination.

--> Undergo General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) (15 days) course while undergoing Final Course and serving the last 12 months of articled training.

--> Complete 3 years period of articled training.

--> Appear in the Final Examination on completion of the practical training or while serving last 6 months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the examination is to be held.

--> Pass final examination and complete GMCS, if not completed earlier.

--> Enrol as a member of ICAI and designate as “Chartered Accountant”.

All the best!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?