24th August 2013, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I be a software engineer? I am a student of science stream

Sir,
I am a student of sci stream(ISC) but i didnot took computer science because in our school computer science is not available so, can i be a software engg. Without it in my futher..if yes then what should i do?

8th May 2014, 12:04 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be a software engineer? I am a student of science stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am a student of sci stream(ISC) but i didnot took computer science because in our school computer science is not available so, can i be a software engg. Without it in my futher..if yes then what should i do?
If you're Interested to become a Software engineering then you may apply for Bachelor degree Course like, B.Tech/ B.E in Computer Science (or) B.sc in Computer Science (or) BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) after completing you're 12th standard.

To apply for B.tech / B.E in Computer Science you have Complete 12th Standard in science stream with Physics and Mathematics as a Main Subject in 12th Standard and You should score Minimum 60% percentage of marks in 12th Board Examination . You should qualified in Entrance Examination like, BITSAT/JEE Examination with good percentage of marks . First preference for this B.tech course is given for the candidate who score good percentage of marks in Entrance Examination .

To apply for B.sc / BCA Course you should Complete 12th standard (or) Equivalent Course in any discipline from recognized University . The candidate should Compulsory having Mathematics as Main Subject in 12th Standard . There is no Separate Entrance Examination for this BCA Course . But the Some Top Institution may conduct Entrance Examination within the College . You may also get direct admission for BCA Course .

After Completing Bachelor degree Course you may apply for any one of the Master degree Course like,

1)M.tech ( Master of Technology in Computer Science )
2)MCA ( Master of Computer Application )
3)M.E ( Master of Engineering in Computer Science )

After Successfully Completing this Master degree Course you may work as Software Engineering in Reputed Companies .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?