13th May 2011, 04:08 AM
Unregistered

Should i join M.Tech in IIT with a penalty of Rs 1 lakh for leaving the current job?

I got a very good rnkn gate-2011 for ECE. I feel I will get a seat in iitkgp OR iit roorkee for sure.
My dilemma is, I am currently wotking in an MNC , if i have to join M.tech then I need to break the agreement( one lakh) as there is a service agreement with the company of 2 years ( As of today I have completed working for 8 months).

Since the gate score is valid for 2 years, is it better to go for M.tech next year ( Even then i need to pay one lakh , as 2 years will not completed) but i will get experience of around 1.5 years.

13th May 2011, 08:55 AM
Pritesh.gohil

Default Re: Should i join M.Tech in IIT with a penalty of Rs 1 lakh for leaving the current job?

you must have to go for the m.tech or iit without thinking.
Because this degree will give you higher post in education.

If you are not going, and resume company, then your salary may be at a certain range increased.

Also you have got good rank in gate-2011 then you should go.
Dont remember about of panelty of 1 lacks , because you can earn more after completing m.tech or IIT.
I am only want to say that the study higher and higher , you will lead your certain goal.

If you have like this post then reply me.

Thanx.....
13th May 2011, 11:22 AM
Prerna20

Default Re: Should i join M.Tech in IIT with a penalty of Rs 1 lakh for leaving the current job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got a very good rnkn gate-2011 for ECE. I feel I will get a seat in iitkgp OR iit roorkee for sure.
My dilemma is, I am currently wotking in an MNC , if i have to join M.tech then I need to break the agreement( one lakh) as there is a service agreement with the company of 2 years ( As of today I have completed working for 8 months).

Since the gate score is valid for 2 years, is it better to go for M.tech next year ( Even then i need to pay one lakh , as 2 years will not completed) but i will get experience of around 1.5 years.
Hi
I feel you should join M.tech this year only.

1 lakh penalty is worth giving if you are getting in IIT. The pay package you get after completing M.tech would compensate it.

any experience of less than 3 years is valued at the same level. So it doesnt matter whether you have 1.5 years of experience or 8 months ...

moreover, if you try next year , your score would be compared with students who apply next year .... n the way gate sdcore is calculated is a complex technique. It takes into account the difficulty level of paper and accordingly calculates. Your score would be recalculated next year.

So why take a risk .. join now.

Regrds

Prerna
13th May 2011, 01:01 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

You know very well that you will get much better job after Mtech & although you will have to give penalty in anyways , so its better to get some job experience as it would be helpful in your next placement.
13th May 2011, 03:48 PM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Should i join M.Tech in IIT with a penalty of Rs 1 lakh for leaving the current job?

yes u can do it
13th May 2011, 05:23 PM
THANIKONDA

hello young man
thats depends upon your financial carrer and your family.
as poor student i can say like this only....don't take any wrong step at right time
and all the best
13th May 2011, 09:07 PM
om chavan

Hello,
Studying in IIT is much better option tham worrying about the current job and 1 lakh rupees.

There is huge difference between the starting point you will get in the industry before and after IITian . Also from financial point of view you will get better package than what you will get after ramaining in the same job for 2 years.

Thanks,
Om Chavan
28th July 2011, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

hello everyone.can someone tell me what rank should i get in GATE to go in iit mumbai(M>TECH COMPUTERS)
28th July 2011, 03:27 PM
nikita khunteta

hello
can someone tell me what rank should i secure IN GATE in order to get admission in M.Tech Computer course in one of the IITs.
16th December 2011, 12:25 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

It is indeed very nice of your self confidence that you would clear GATE and get a seat in the IIT's.

I would suggest you a few points please read along :

-->> Firstly ensure that you would definitely get a seat in any good IIT with the course you want or not.

-->> Then consider the fact that the GATE Score is valid for two years, so at the end when you have to bear a lakh Rs. why not take the experience with you.

-->> Always remember that your M.Tech from IIT would be a brand tag against your name. It would return you many such lacs.

After this the decision is up to you as to what you want. How you want your future to be, and what can be the best for you.

If I have to say, I would say take the experience and then go for the IIT. It would definitely yield good results later on.

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
18th December 2011, 03:25 PM
mettuguy

its better to study now itself then after some age human brain will not observe many things. it will only recap the old. so its better to study nows itself.then you can get a nice job than this one.
18th December 2011, 04:59 PM
jayparikh

Quote:

Should i join M.Tech in IIT with a penalty of Rs 1 lakh for leaving the current job?

Hi friend,

You must take admission this year ,as you have got good score in gate.

Before leaving the be sure that you will definitely get admissions in IIT.

Lastly , discuss with your HR , and give then genuine reasons , they will surely imposed less penalty on you. Trust me , this happens.

To study in IIT is an life changing experience.you must join this institute.

Best of luck

regards.
8th February 2012, 03:07 AM
pragati kashyap

Thumbs up Re: Should i join M.Tech in IIT with a penalty of Rs 1 lakh for leaving the current job?

Quote:

You must opt for M.TECH from IITJEE its the golden oppurtunity which some lucky persons get so don't miss it.Yes it cost 1lakh insteed of it but once you finish your M.TECH from IITJEE then your salary will start with this much only and job oppurtunities will be many more with handsome salary.
21st March 2012, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

my gate percentile is 97.55.
my gate score is 509
rank is 4002
i belong to OBC
i think i will get NITs.
should i go for it or continue my job.please give me your suggetion.please....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?