15th May 2011, 02:24 AM
vinay.verma1080

Should I switch over to private sector(TCS) while working in Public Sector companies?

I am working in a Public sector (PSU) company as a software developer. My company has offices in the remote locations where Road, Rail and other facilities are very difficult. i hv got offer from TCS....should i join TCS or any other private companies.....is there any body who has switched over to Pvt job from Govt sector

15th May 2011, 06:40 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I switch over to private sector(TCS) while working in Public Sector companies?

Hello,
Nowadays every one is running behind PSU job and you are thinking of switching over to some private sector job,even though TCS is a very reputed IT firm and a dream for many but according to me it will not be a wise decision.
TCS might provide you lot of facilities and also even more package compared to your present job,but if you see it in the long run, remaining in PSU will be a wise decision.

Try to adjust with the difficulties you are facing today,it might not be there tomorrow.Sometimes these hurdles becomes the happiness of future.

Good Luck.
15th May 2011, 06:53 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Red face Re: Should I switch over to private sector(TCS) while working in Public Sector companies?

ya. of course,you can join tcs if you are willing to join there...

but,think twice before resigning your govt job....

many can get offer from tcs,but some like you only get chance from govt sec tor...
but most of the advantages lie in govtsector only....

think well and take decision...

all the best....

regards
yogi
15th May 2011, 08:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I switch over to private sector(TCS) while working in Public Sector companies?

Tcs is like govt sec job so dont worry you must go for dear................
16th May 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

but again there is time bound promotions in Govt sector..espcially in my company, Promotions are very difficult.and once i go to other locations, it will be difficult to come back to delhi again unless i hv a strong influence.and if i hv to switch over, i shud move now bcoz i am already 30 yrs old and 5yrs down the line i dont think any pvt firm will tk me for higher post.....but i hv heard , job security is in TCS also...u dont get fired out easily, till u r performing....
20th May 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends , I am a fresher B.Tech Electronics n Telecomm Graduate n have an offer from TCS , Wipro And Crusline Shipping Company...I am unable to decide what should I do....??..Plz help me out
16th October 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Hi
TCS will be the best Option for you.
26th October 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

I have got offers from CTS, TCS and Ericsson..... Which one should I Join? I am a fresher in B.E. ECE stream.........
12th February 2013, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

it completely depends upon ur test of job. if u want to be reliable n relax in nature then gov is good. if u r hard worker n can work like a donkey(who carries bagage of task n book throughout life..) then TCS is best.
27th February 2013, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Hello i am A Cost Accountant and Working in Manufacturing Company . i have a offer to join PNb Bank as credit manager should i join the bank mor leav with manufacturing sector
11th June 2014, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

i have been selected in TCS as a software engineer. everyone advices me rather forces me that i should join tcs as it is a very good IT company. SBI clerical exam is also comming.. i am confused between bank clerk/po and tcs job. what should i do so that i sont have to repent on future? plzz advice me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?