22nd May 2011, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Difference in getting a job after M.Tech and B.Tech/B.E? Is M.Tech beneficial for a person who wants to get a job in PSU?

what is the difference in getting job after M.Tech and B.Tech/B.E?Is M.Tech beneficial for person who opt to get job in PSU?If yes,than how much?

8th August 2011, 11:45 PM
sgsharadgupta

Default Re: Difference in getting a job after M.Tech and B.Tech/B.E? Is M.Tech beneficial for a person who wants to get a job in PSU?

in pSU you don't have very much advantage after doing mtech....but yes after m.tech you have better option for becoming assistant professor in govt colleges .
14th December 2011, 09:04 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference in getting a job after M.Tech and B.Tech/B.E? Is M.Tech beneficial for a person who wants to get a job in PSU?

hi..in India practically there is no difference between the jobs that an mtech graduate gets and that an btech graduates gets and even some times the btech graduates are paid more highly than mtech graduates specially in the colleges like the Indian institute of technology an the national institute of technology.
as far as the public sector companies are concerned ,doing an mtech degree is an highly disadvantageous because the minimum qualification required for an post in the public sector companies is the graduation and if you are getting selected for the public sector companies after the completion of your mtech then you would be loosing precious two years time and since the promotions in the public sector companies are related to the time and the number of years you have worked in the company and not on the performance and hence the chance of making u for the two years is very less ,
ans also it is not that you would be getting any special promotions in the future just because you are having an mtech degree because if you have joined as an engineering trainee then you would be treated on par with any other engineering trainees and hence there is no scope for getting an advantage of the mtech degree,
but,if there are any opening for the post of post graduate trainee ,which are few,then you can join the public sector company because then you would be treated on par with your age and at least you may not have to work with your juniors ,
but in the public sector companies even though the initial package is far far better than the many of the private companies but the growth is very slow in the public sector companies and after five years if you see then a person who has joined the private sector along with you will be an far better position than you ,even though you are in an public sector company,the advantage that you will have is the job guarantee and some other government related perks .
31st December 2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

iam studying 4th btech in cse stream iam asking you is psu's jobs are better else private jobs are better i want attractive package only so,you view in the package point of view only
31st December 2012, 07:18 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If your aim is to get job in Public Sector Undertaking then there is no point of doing M.Tech. All the Public Sector companies hire B.Tech graduates therefore there will be no point of doing M.Tech for PSU job.

Mostly students apply for the M.Tech if they have interest in becoming lecturer. The M.Tech graduate gets very good paid lecturer job in the private colleges. The salary easily reaches 40,000 mark in good private engineering colleges.

Therefore I will recommend that if you want Public Sector Undertaking job then the good option for you would be to only pursue B.Tech there is no need to do M.Tech. Neither having M.Tech will provide any benefit to you.

PSU Eligibility

1. Only candidates of Indian origin can apply.

2. Must have B.Tech degree.

3. Minimum of 60 percent marks in B.Tech.

4. There should be no pending backlogs.

5. A valid GATE score is also required.

6. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

7. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

8. SC/ST get 5 years relaxation.

List of PSU

NTPC

BHEL

NALCO

ECIL

SAIL

BEL

GAIL

ISRO

DRDO

IOCL

BPCL

HPCL

ONGC

HAL

MTNL

BSNL
26th February 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

how to get job after M.Tech
4th May 2014, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I do m.tech and job in any compny or psu's together?
15th May 2014, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.tech part time in mechanical engg,from DTU delhi ,Can i get into PSUs through gate...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?