31st July 2012, 12:30 AM
ninoshka pinto

Are the state board HSC text books enough for preparation for BITSAT entrance exam?

sir,
Are the state board HSC text books enough for preparation of bitsat entrance exam.?since i m a state board student... or will i have to refer to some other books? can you suggest some books??

24th April 2015, 03:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are the state board HSC text books enough for preparation for BITSAT entrance exam?

BITSAT stands for the Birla Institute of Technology Science Aptitude test. It is conducted by the Birla Institute of technology to select candidates for the undergraduates courses in technology.

BITSAT is a computer based test which consists of multiple choice questions from the different subjects like:

>>Physics: 40 questions

>>Chemistry: 40 questions

>>Mathematics: 45 questions

>>English Proficiency: 15 questions

>>Logical Reasoning: 10 questions.

Total number of questions are 150 and each correct answer carries three marks and each wrong answer has one negative mark.

Some books of HSC are good for BITSAT preparation like NCERT books for the Physics and Chemistry. But I would suggest you to follow the given below books for different subjects:

1. Mathematics: R.D Sharma and NCERT.

2. Physics: H.C Verma and NCERT of 10+1 and 10+2.

3. Chemistry: NCERT books of 10+1 and 10+2.

Some other books for better preparation:

BITSAT Explorer by Arihant Publication.

BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning by Disha Experts.

12 practice papers BITSAT online by GKP.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?