7th June 2016, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Which stream is best to choose to become an IAS officer in future?

Hi Sir/Mam,

I want to be an IAS officer but I'm not able to choose a specific stream my guides told me that arts is quite better? Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the information on the same. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream is the best after 10th so as to become an IAS officer in future?
  2. Which stream should i choose after class 10 in Context of a better future prospective?
  3. Subjects to choose after 10th to became IAS officer?
  4. Which subjects to select in 12th to become IAS in future?
  5. What shall I do to become an IAS Officer after completion of 10th Class?
  6. Which stream to choose after 10th to become an IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which stream is good to be taken to become an IAS? -- [New]
  8. Can I become an IAS/IPS officer after passing commerce but not interested in Maths? What should I choose between IP and Hindi?
  9. Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?
  10. How to become an IAS officer after passing 10th standard?
  11. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  12. How to become an IAS officer after passing 10th standard?
  13. Which subjects or groups should I choose if I want to become an IAS in future?
  14. Which stream should i choose? I have got my interest in cars
  15. Which engineering field has the best career prospect between CSE, Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and IT?
  16. Which field to choose after 12th in order to become an IAS officer?
  17. How to choose a particular coaching centre for IAS exam?
  18. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science
7th June 2016, 11:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is best to choose to become an IAS officer in future?

If you are interested to become IAS officer then I would like to suggest you to opt for that stream in 11th and 12th in which you are interested. If you are interested in Arts stream then you should go for it also. You have to complete your graduation in the stream in which you are interested because for the eligibility of civil services exam there is not any kind of specific degree required. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
7th June 2016, 11:29 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is graduation degree from recognised University in any discipline. You must have completed your 12th in any stream from recognised board. You can choose any stream in 11th in which you are interested.
7th June 2016, 11:44 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer, it is not mandatory to choose any particular stream for pursuing your Graduation. You can pursue your Graduation in any stream which you are interested whether it is Arts or Science or Commerce stream from a Government recognised university even if you are interested to become an IAS officer.

To become an IAS officer, you must have to appear in Civil Services Examination (CSE) i.e., Indian Administrative Services (IAS) examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS examination is mentioned below :-

=> You must be an Indian Citizen.

=> You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

=> You must be minimum 21 years of age and maximum age limit is 32 years for General Category candidates.

There is an upper age relaxation which is applicable to reserved categories as mentioned below :-
-> OBC :- 3 Years
-> SC/ST :- 5 Years

** Selection Process :-
=> Preliminary Examination
=> Main Examination
=> Interview
8th June 2016, 01:14 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officers and various other different posts. You are interested to crack this exam to become an IAS officer in future. You are unable to choose a specific stream for doing the graduation course.

>>For getting eligible for IAS exam, you can do graduation from any discipline. But in my opinion, you have to choose graduation discipline which helps you in preparation too. For this you can choose arts or science discipline which is a better option.

Following are the graduation discipline which you can opt:

--B.A History (honors)

--B.A Geography (honors)

--B.A Political Science (honors)

--B.Sc Physics (honors)

**If you do graduation in the above discipline then it helps you in the Preliminary exam. And you can take as a subject in the Mains exam too.
8th June 2016, 10:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Mam,

I want to be an IAS officer but I'm not able to choose a specific stream my guides told me that arts is quite better? Can you please provide me the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the information on the same. Thanks!
After completion of 12th standard in Arts, you can choose History subject for bachelor degree to become IAS officer. This subject is scoring subject and many question are coming from this subject.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria :-

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

Age relaxation:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Attempt limit:-

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
24th September 2016, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

I am btech(EEE) student graduated in electric,but which stream should I choose to clear the main subject as optional
25th September 2016, 07:41 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Mam,

IAS (Indian Administration Services) is one of the toughest exam for Civil Services so you have to be so hard work to crack this exam. For this exam the minimum qualification required is graduation from any stream or equivalent passing from a recognized university.
This exam comprise with lots of subjects like English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Electrical, History, Geology, Civics, etc. the exam comes from any of subject if i say in simple word the exam comes from the combination of these subjects.
So you have to prepared for all these subjects. So you can choose any stream, because you have to be read all subjects. The qualification just required graduation but exam comes from all subjects.
So if you are good in Science stream than you can choose Science stream. But if you are weak in Science subjects than i suggest you to select arts stream and do your graduation with arts stream. And take coaching for the remaining subjects.
25th March 2017, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Respected SIR/MAM, Now i am pursuing degree b.com(computers). Can i eligible for IAS exams. Please give me the suggestions.Thanks!
28th March 2017, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

I have taken com I have taken computer science group in 12th standard is it safe to take engineering I asked to become IAS
20th September 2018, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

I am an 10th student . I am really confused becoz i really wanted to know what subject should i take.
I wanted to become an ias officer and i think humanities is the best subject.. But my parents say me to take science becoz science have a great value and humanities doesn't have any value not only that humanities is the subject for non studying students
I am really confused
I really wanted answer for my question
Pls tell me what to do. I will wait for ur reply
15th August 2020, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam I want to become an ias officer but I am confused which stream I should choose so that it will be easy for me in future to give exam .
I will wait for your reply.
Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?