1st July 2015, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Subjects to choose after 10th to became IAS officer?

What subject should i choose after completing my 10th to became an IAS officer in future and what are other scope of jobs in that subject which you recommended me??

1st July 2015, 07:08 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Subjects to choose after 10th to became IAS officer?

To become IAS Officer you can select any subject as per your choice, as to become IAS officer you have to clear Civil Service Exam.
Candidates who have completed graduation in any stream can apply for Civil Service Exam.

According to me you should select Arts or Humanity because it is little easy as compared to others and you will get extra time for your preparation.

Other scope for studying this subjects are :
  • You can apply for Banking jobs like clerk and PO.
  • You can apply for the post of Sub inspector in State police department.
  • Also in Indian Army for the post of officer through CDS entry.
1st July 2015, 08:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any subjects in your higher studies after 10th standard to become a IAS officer. Candidates who have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IAS examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in any discipline stream from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not exceed the maximum age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
1st July 2015, 10:38 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

You can join in any course after the completion of 10th standard, because any candidate who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to apply for IAS exam. So, you can choose any course, as per your interest.

Eligibility for IAS exam:-
1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
Candidate age mist be above 21 years and below 30 years, whereas candidates belonging to reserved categories are eligible for age relaxation.
2nd July 2015, 08:03 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

You can choose any subject like Maths,Commerce,etc.

After you complete your graduation, you start the preparation for IAS exam
Definitely you will get success in your first attempt.
5th July 2015, 09:27 PM
dhaliwal jatt

hello

--> After completion of 10th you can opt any studies / course because there is not any restriction to become IAS.

-> you can join any best coaching center for training of the exam.

-> you should be well prepared for the exam because you can give IAS test only 4 times in your career.

all the best
27th September 2015, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

After studying 10 class can we choose biology to become IAS Officer I want to take science but my dream to become IAS Officer is this possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?