7th June 2016, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Which stream is good to be taken to become an IAS?

Hi
Sir
I want to be an IAS officer but I'm not able to choose a specific stream my guides told me that arts is quite better and I also agree with them but I have a lot of interest in science So I have decided that I must complete my 12 with non med and after 12 i ll get graduated in arts stream So tell me that the decision i have taken is rite or wrong ? Also tell me that is there any fun of learning science for 2 years? Do plz help me.

7th June 2016, 11:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream is good to be taken to become an IAS?

As per my knowledge if you will complete your 12th standard from Arts stream then it would be better for you. After that you can take admission in degree course known as Bachelor of Arts. The minimum percentage should not be less than 50 and 45 for reserved categories. You will have to appear in the Civil Services Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission to become IAS officer.
7th June 2016, 11:24 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. To become an IAS officer, you must have to appear in Civil Services Examination (CSE) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who have completed Graduation in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to appear in IAS examination.

There is no need to opt any particular stream for pursuing your Graduation in order to become an IAS officer. So, I suggest you to pursue your Higher Secondary course in Science stream and your Graduation in Arts stream which you are interested from a Government recognised Board/ University.

After completion of your Graduation course in any discipline from a Government recognised University, you can apply for IAS examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria stated below :-

=> You must be an Indian Citizen.

=> You must be minimum 21 years of age and the maximum age limit is 32 years for General Category candidates.

Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved categories as mentioned below :-
-> OBC :- 3 Years
-> SC/ST :- 5 Years

** No.of Attempts :-
=> General :- 6
=> OBC :- 9
=> SC/ST :- No Limit (up to maximum age limit)
28th March 2017, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Well really arts or engineering is suggested to become IAS .Is ECE suited?
When failure after engineering suggested to become IAS ACC Limited is it best to take Engineering or arts to become a IAS
29th March 2017, 06:08 PM
pankhuri99

Hi. Although any stream will make you eligible to give an IAS Exam, Humanities (Arts) will make your base more clear. You have to study very hard for this examination. You can take an year off too.
Hope this helps.
All the best.
29th March 2017, 06:10 PM
Navneet patyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
Sir
I want to be an IAS officer but I'm not able to choose a specific stream my guides told me that arts is quite better and I also agree with them but I have a lot of interest in science So I have decided that I must complete my 12 with non med and after 12 i ll get graduated in arts stream So tell me that the decision i have taken is rite or wrong ? Also tell me that is there any fun of learning science for 2 years? Do plz help me.

To become IAS, You can chose one of the following fields.

1 Science.
2 Commerce.
3. Art stream.

These are the three streams, you can choose one of these, you can also, become IAS by completing your graduation in art stream.
You should have good communication skill, and good knowledge of Indian History and the world history.

So if you have good skills and good knowledge, then the stream does not matter.
30th March 2017, 10:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

After completion of 12th standard in Arts, you can choose History subject for bachelor degree to become IAS officer. This subject is scoring subject and many question are coming from this subject.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria :-

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

Age relaxation:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Attempt limit:-

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?