16th August 2018, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

In which stream a candidate should have a graduate degree to join Indian Forest Service?

I am Commerce graduate. I had Mathematics and Statistics as subjects in graduation. I want to join Indian Forest Service. Am I eligible? If not, then if I do Master in Geology or Agriculture then will I be eligible?

19th August 2018, 06:34 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which stream a candidate should have a graduate degree to join Indian Forest Service?

To join Indian Forest Service, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination for joining Indian Forest Service is a bachelor's degree in at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized university or equivalent.

So, having opted for Mathematics at your graduation level academics, you are eligible for joining Indian Forest Service as per the educational requirement for the same examination.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?