29th August 2011, 11:31 AM
thomassebastian

Am I eligible for Indian Forest Service being a candidate of Commerce stream?

Sir, I am from a commerce department, i really want to go for indian forest service..... am i eligible...

29th August 2011, 02:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Forest Service being a candidate of Commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomassebastian View Post
Sir, I am from a commerce department, i really want to go for indian forest service..... am i eligible...
dear friend,

IFS exams is conducted by UPSC exam.

1) Educational Qualifications :

You need to have any Bachelor's Degree with at-lest any of the following subjects in your Degree level (Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology )
Or
a Bachelor's degree in Forestry or in Engineering or Agriculture or any Equivalent Exam.

2) Age limits :

your Age must be in between 21 to 30 years of Age, i think you must be having in between them.

All the best
29th August 2011, 02:58 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Forest Service being a candidate of Commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomassebastian View Post
Hello friend,
To be eligible for the Indian Forest Service, you must have studied Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Maths , Statistics, Physics or Zoology in your bachelors degree program.

Since you are a commerce graduate the chances are that you might have studied mathematics or statistics, and if you had, you can apply for the exam otherwise you won't be considered eligible for IFS.

Apart from the qualification, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
1st November 2011, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

how to study for ifs with out any cochin institute, sirn pls help me?
16th November 2011, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

sir, i m a commerce student doing b.com from allahabad university this is my 2nd year n we have statistics in 2nd year only can i will be eligible for indian forest services after my graduations?
19th November 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

can i done ifs after bca course?
29th November 2011, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

i have finished my MBBS this year, and i know i am eligible. But i have a doubt about is there any paper(optional or main whatever) for which i need to prepare my MBBS subjects.
Please help i am very confused.thanks.
rohit.
18th March 2012, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

can i eligible for forest ranger exam after bca
18th March 2012, 05:15 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
The details eligibility criteria for IFS exam are as follows........

More details information you can find in this chart .........

For more details you can visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...........
25th June 2013, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, i have done bms (bachelar of management studies ) am i eligible for give ifs exam?
3rd November 2017, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a commerce student and have pure mathematics as a subject..will I be able to sit for the Indian Forest Service examination.?
8th May 2020, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Are Commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?
10th May 2020, 04:28 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Thumbs down Re: Am I eligible for Indian Forest Service being a candidate of Commerce stream?

For applying, candidate should have Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognised university

IFS - Indian Forest Service and to become an IFS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.
11th May 2020, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for indian army being a candidate of commerce stream?
11th May 2020, 01:26 AM
vinayak pareek

Smile Re: Am I eligible for Indian Army being a candidate of Commerce stream?

Are Commerce students eligible to join Indian army?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?