27th May 2015, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join Indian Forest Service for B.Sc(Bioinformatics) graduate?

Sir,
I am a B.Sc in Bioinformatics graduate.
I want to join Indian Forest Service.
Can you please tell me I am eligible
or not for Indian forest Services?

30th May 2015, 04:06 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Forest Service for B.Sc(Bioinformatics) graduate?

No dear I am really sorry to say this you are not eligible to apply for Indian Forest Service Examination. The reason is you don't have any subjects at least one in your graduation.

Here We are giving you the subjects needed under Indian Forest Service Examination :

>> Zoology

>> Physics

>> Chemistry

>> Maths

>> Statistics

>> Veterinary Science

>> Animal Husbandry

>> Forest Engineering

>> Agricultural Engineering

So if you have studied at least one subject in your graduation then you are eligible to apply for Indian Forest Services Examination.

It is similar to Civil Services Examination. But there is different way of syllabus for IFS.

30th May 2015, 08:10 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Forest Service for B.Sc(Bioinformatics) graduate?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Forest Service Examination being a B.Sc (Bio-informatics) graduate. During B.Sc course, you might have studied "Chemistry" as one of the subjects, this is why you are eligible to join Indian Forest Service Exam. You might have studied the below listed subjects during B.Sc (Bio-Informatics) course,
* Chemistry
* Physical Chemistry
* Statistical Methods
* Physics (Basic and Applied)

Whereas, the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Indian Forest Service Examination is ,

>> Bachelor Degree with minimum one of the following subjects Mathematics or Physics or Chemistry or Statistics or Zoology or Botany or Geology or Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science.

>> Since you have successfully met the required educational qualification criterion you are very certainly eligible to join India Forest Service Examination.

Click here for IFS Exam More Details

30th May 2015, 12:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join in Indian Forest Service, you need to appear in Indian Forest Service examination. The Indian Forest Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in Indian Forest Service examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit :-
You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 32 years.

3. Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from any recognised university.

4. Physical Standards :-
You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IFS examination notification.

If you have completed your Graduation degree with any one of the above mentioned subjects listed in Educational Qualification, you are eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service examination and by qualifying the examination, you can join in Indian Forest Service.

30th May 2015, 05:09 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for Indian Forest Services.
Graduates with B.Sc Bioinformatics are not eligible for Indian Forest Services.

Candidates who have bachelor degree in following subjects are eligible for Indian Forest Services :

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Geology
Mathematics
Physics
Statistics
Zoology
Agriculture
Forestry
Engineering

30th May 2015, 07:00 PM
Ashwakh

Eligibility for Indian Forest Service examination :-
===================================

--> The candidate shouldhave completed Graduatio in any Descipline from a Recognised university .
--> If the candidate belongs to General category ,then age shouldbe in between 21-30 years only
--> If the candidate belongs to OBC Category , then age shouldbe in between 21-33 years only
--> If the candidate belongs to SC or ST category , then age shouldbe in between 21-35 years only .
--> The candidate shouldbe a citizen of India

So , if you satisfies the eligiblity criteria of the IFS exam , then you can apply for the exam .

Selection process is ,

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam .
Main exam consists of Written exam and Interview Test.

30th May 2015, 07:21 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
No, you are not eligible to apply because you have not studied mentioned subjects in UPSC. To apply for IFS, you should have completed degree in Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Botany, Zoology, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. You must have studied any of the stream in degree course. Without studying those streams, you are not allowed to apply.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in

30th May 2015, 07:47 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Indian Forest Service (IFS) exam is conducted by UPSC to recruit the candidates to forest services through Prelims and Mains examinations.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be a citizen of India.

* Candidate's age should lie between 21-30 years of age.

* Candidate should have bachelor's degree in any of the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology,Veterinary science, Animal Husbandry, Statistics, Geology or Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering in any of the recognized Universities/ Institutions.

As bioinformatics includes Statistics, Mathematics and engineering, the candidate with bachelor's degree of B.Sc in Bioinformatics are also eligible to apply for IFS exam.

30th May 2015, 08:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Yes, you are eligible for Indian Forest Service exam.

Candidates who have done graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Physical Criteria for IFS Exam:-

For men:-

1. Min. height- 165cm and 5cm relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
2. Weight should be suitable with height.
3. Chest- 84cm (min) and 5cm relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

For women:-

1. Height - min. 150cm and 5cm relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
2. Weight should be suitable with height.
3. Chest- min.79cm and 5cm relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

14th July 2015, 07:11 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends....................

IFS stands for INDIAN FOREST SERVICES

This exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY FOR IFS

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects:

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry, Agriculture Engineering, Forestry Engineering.

The Age of Candidate must lies in between 21 - 30 years.

Candidate must be citizen of India

Candidate Must be Unmarried

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS

i)For General- 4 times

ii)For OBC -7 times

iii)For SC/ST-NO LIMIT

For more information about the exam you can click here http://www.upscguide.com

All the best

6th June 2020, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I have done my ug in btech bioinformatics and pg in mtech Biotechnology am I eligible for ifs exam

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?