3rd April 2017, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in class 11th to join the Indian Forest Service (IFS)?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I want to join the Indian Forest Service (IFS) so I want to know which stream should I choose in class 11th to become join the Indian Forest Service (IFS)? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I choose in class 11th for UPSC examination to become an Indian Forest Service (IFS)?
  2. What should I study in 11th standard to become Indian Forest Service exam?
  3. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an Indian Forest Officer? Which school should I join for further studies?
  4. What is the full form of IFS? Its Indian Forest Service or Indian Foreign Service? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which subjects are beneficial to study in graduation to become Indian Forest Sservice officer? Physical requirement for IFS job?
  6. What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?
  7. IFS means Indian Foreign Service or Indian Forest Service?
  8. Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?
  9. Can I start IFS coaching right from class XI? For how long should I do IFS coaching?
  10. What is the full form of IFS exam? Which post will i get after clearing UPSC IFS exam?
  11. How to join Indian Forest Service after scoring 6.8 CGPA in 10th exam? Which stream should I choose? I want to take science
  12. How to join Indian Forest Service after completing b.Tech in Chemical Engineering
  13. Information about Indian Forest Service Exam? Any Training institutes for IFS exam preparation?
  14. Can I appear in Indian Forest Service exam after B.Sc Forestry? Other subjects should I study for Indian Forest Service exam?
  15. Will there be any Height criteria to join IPS and IFS? Which Books to follow for Zoology for IFS Exam?
  16. Which subject should I choose further after 10th to join Indian Forestry Service? How to prepare for IFS exam?
  17. Physical standards for Indian forest service Examination
  18. Required Height for a candidate to join IFS?
14th April 2017, 07:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to join the Indian Forest Service (IFS)?

To join IFS ( Indian Forest Service ) you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination for joining IFS you need to have completed your graduation degree with one of the subjects mentioned here which are Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering from a recognised university.

So as far as you are concerned about selection of stream for pursuing your Class 11th then you must opt for Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology/ Agriculture as main subjects from a recognized board as for pursuing graduation in any of the above mentioned discipline you must have the educational qualification mentioned here.

For more details concerning to Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
26th December 2017, 09:02 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to join the Indian Forest Service (IFS)?

As you have completed 10 th standard, first you have to complete 12th standard(PUC) and Graduation in the stream of your interest to apply for IFS examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
# The educational qualification required to apply for this exam is Bachelor degree with one of the subjects as animal husbandry and veterinary science, statistics and zoology, geology, mathematics, chemistry, botony, physics or Degree in agriculture, forestry or in engineering.
# Age limit for this exam is 21-32 years for General category, 21-35 years for OBC candidates, 21-37 years for SC/ST candidates and ex-servicemen, 10 years for PWD candidates.
# And the maximum number of attempts allowed for this exam are :
-> 6 times for General category
-> 9 times for OBC candidates
-> no limit on number of attempts for SC and ST candidates.
# And the selection process of this exam is preliminary exam(objective type), main exam(descriptive type) and personal interview, medical fitness test.
# For further information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
27th October 2019, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Which group should i choose for becoming an indian foreign service in college
27th October 2019, 08:46 PM

Hi,
To join IFS(Indian Forest Service)you need to qualify civil services examination held by UPSC once every year.
Eligible for appearing civil services examination you need to have completed your graduation degree with one of the subject as Animal Husbandry & Veterinary science,zoology,Botany,Geology,Mathematics,Physics ,Chemistry,Statistics or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering from a recognized University.
Age limit for this exam is 21-32 years for General Category,21-35 years for OBC Candidates,21-37 years for SC/ST Candidates and ex-serviceman,10 years for PWD Candidates.
The maximum number of attempts allowed for this exam are
>>6 times for General Category.
>>9 times for OBC Candidates.
>>No limit for SC/ST Candidates.
And the selection process of this exam is Preliminary exam,Main exam and Personal Interview,Medical fitness.
As far as you are Concerned about selection of stream for pursuing your class 11th then you must go through the above mentioned subject.
28th October 2019, 11:23 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

To join IFS(Indian Forest Services), candidates will have to appear in UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and pass it.

The educational qualifications required for the UPSC examination are mentioned below:-

1. Candidates must have completed their Bachelor degree in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biology from any recognised college or, university.

2. Final year candidates are also eligible.

3. Age limit:- 21-30 years.

4. Age Relaxation:- 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

5. Nationality:- Indian.

These are the streams in Class 11th to join Indian Forest Services are named below:-

1. Physics.

2. Chemistry.

3. Mathematics.

4. Botany.

5. Zoology.

6. Agriculture.

7. Animal Husbandry.

8. Veterinary Science.

9. Zeology.

10. Forestry.
7th March 2020, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

FOR IFS CAN WE CHOOSE PCB IN 11TH
19th March 2020, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

I'm currently studying in 9th standard and I want to become an IFS officer. How can I start preparing for this examination from now?
19th March 2020, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

I'm currently studying in 9th standard,I want to become an IFS officer in future. How should I start preparing for this examination from now?
23rd April 2020, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for ifs from Biotechnology
25th April 2020, 03:15 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

----Minimum Educational Qualification for Indian Forest Service (IFS/IFoS) Exam:-

The candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree in any of the following subjects/ disciplines. Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects as Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
22nd January 2023, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Can we choose only agriculture for(IFS)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?