30th July 2016, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in Indian Forest Service exam after B.Sc Forestry? Other subjects should I study for Indian Forest Service exam?

Hello sir, I am studying B.Sc Forestry and after completion of my graduation I want to apply for Indian Forest Service exam because my course is related to forestry. Please provide me full detail about IFS exam and which extra subjects should I study?

Related Questions:
31st July 2016, 03:40 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I appear in Indian Forest Service exam after B.Sc Forestry? Other subjects should I study for Indian Forest Service exam?

The posts of IFoS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.

Being a Forestry Student, you will have a great benefit in the interview. And also you will find it easy in choosing the optional subjects. You have to choose 2 optional subjects for the mains exam one of which may be Forestry for you.
31st July 2016, 09:02 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in Indian Forest Service exam after B.Sc Forestry? Other subjects should I study for Indian Forest Service exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Indian Forest Service Examination.

Eligibility Criteria for Indian Forest Service Exam:

>> Candidates who have completed Graduation in following streams are eligible to apply for IFS Exam.
** Forestry
** Agriculture
** Engineering
** Animal Husbandry
** Veterinary Science
** Botany
** Chemistry
** Zoology
** Geology
** Mathematics
** Physics
** Statistics
31st July 2016, 09:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Indian Forest Services examination is:

You must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least one of the subject like botany, zoology, animal husbandry, physics, mathematics or bachelor's degree in forestry or engineering etc.

You have done bachelor's degree in Forestry, so, you are eligible for this exam.

The age limit is 21-32 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates can get upper age relaxation.

Other subjects which you need to study for this is History, Polity, Geography and Economics.
31st July 2016, 10:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The academic qualification required for Indian Forest Services examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree. In bachelor's degree for IFS exam, it is necessary that you should have studied any one of subjects like mathematics, botany, zoology, physics, geology or bachelor's degree in engineering or forestry or agriculture etc.

You can apply for this examination after pursuing bachelor's degree in forestry. The age limit for IFS examination is 21-32 years. Preliminary examination of IFS exam is conducted along with Civil Services examination. Subject that are necessary are general science, history, economics, political science etc.
31st July 2016, 11:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Indian Forest Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The eligibility criteria for IFS exam:

1. Academic qualification:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this examination. Your graduation subjects must include at least one of the subjects of these like physics, chemistry, zoology, geology, mathematics.

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in engineering or bachelor's degree in forestry are also eligible for this exam.

2. Age criteria:

>>The age limit for this examination is 21-32 years for candidates of general category. Three years age relaxation to OBC candidates and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for this exam after B.Sc Forestry. Other than this, you need to study subjects like History, Economics, General science, Geography etc.
31st July 2016, 11:17 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after the bachelor of science in Forestry you are eligible to appear for Indian Forest Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry,Mathematics, Animal Husbandry or Forestry. The age limit is 21-32 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages. It is necessary to qualify in written as well as interview stages for final selection. Candidates after qualifying in written are eligible for interview.

The notification for examination will be available in February/March and the examination will be conducted in July. For more information about examination visit at http://upsc.gov.in/general/ifs.htm
11th June 2020, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

after bsc forestry what is next step for Indian forest service
22nd October 2020, 10:28 AM
Priya Dhongade

If you do B. SC then also your eligible for IFS. You can do it through any stream you just have to clear the upsc examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?