18th August 2012, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

Which stream in Engineering is a better choice for me between ECE and Mechanical being a candidate having interest in Maths and poor in Physics?

Sir what can i choose in engineering as iam interested in maths and little poor in physics please say me what can i take either ece or mechanical

Related Questions:
18th August 2012, 12:52 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream in Engineering is a better choice for me between ECE and Mechanical being a candidate having interest in Maths and poor in Physics?

My friend it does not matter whether you choose Electronics and Communication Engineering or Mechincal Engineering, you will have to face both the subjects namely Physics and Maths.

However since you are good in Maths and little weak in Physics your decision should be based on what exactly do you find easy in Physics. For example if you find Force, work, energy, pressure (Mechanics) etc easy then you should go for Mechanical Engineering however if Electrical portion of Physics is easier for you to understand then the obvious choice would be ECE.

In case you are still confused or can't decide on what to choose, my personal recommendation would be Electronics and Communication Engineerings for the simple resaon that it offers great job scope in various fields. However it does not mean that Mechanical has no job scope. It is still the most preferred stream of Engineering but the recent trend is leaning towards ECE slowly.

The tremendeous growth in Indian economy has resulted in arrival of several big companies in India in various fields. The advantaga for Electronics and Communications Engineers is that you would get a great chance to work in India's fastest growing sectors.

I am talking about Consumer Electronics, Telecom and Information Technology. Let's being with Telecom.

Telecom

There is little doubt today about the strength of telecom sector in India. Almost every single company in the world wants to invest in India's telecom sector despite the blunder committed by the government with 2G scam. The telecom sector of India is among the fastest growing sectors in the country. After completing Electronics and Communications Engineering you can work in companies like:

Idea Cellular

BSNL

Bharti Airtel

Vodafone

Aircel

Reliance Communication

Tata Tele

MTNL

Information Technology

The IT industry is over $60 billion industry in India. It may be tiny comparing to the US IT scenario but still enough to offer thousands of jobs to ECE graduates. Since most big US companies also have offices in India, the job scope has only got better.

Microsoft

Intel

Dell

HP

Infosys

Wipro

TCS

HCL

IBM

Consumer Electronics

They say that one field that would never feel the heat of recession in India is consumer electronics. Considering the fact that ECE gets plenty of jobs in this field as well, I think it is a very good option.

Videocon

Samsung

Electrolux

Whirphool

LG

Godrej

You also have the option to work for PSU. Electronics and Communications Engineers are offered more PSU jobs then any other branch of Engineering.
18th August 2012, 02:21 PM
subhankar rony

Thumbs up Re: Which stream in Engineering is a better choice for me between ECE and Mechanical being a candidate having interest in Maths and poor in Physics?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I would like to suggest u to rather join ece instead of mech. Since ur interested in mathematics n a bit poor in physics it wl be rather good choice.bcoz mech has a definite n a wide application of physics in it which might create a problem fr u right frm the intial state....since a lot of mechanics deals wd physics.so thts a suggestion fr u go fr ece not mech
25th August 2012, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which stream in Engineering is a better choice for me between ECE and Mechanical being a candidate having interest in Maths and poor in Physics?

Sir. I am currently doing my 12th. I am confused whether to opt for Mechanical,ECE or automobile!! I am not so good in practical problems in physics to be frank...help!!
3rd April 2013, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

my son is average student of class 12 with PCM & want to join engineering, pls sugges which field is good for him ???
25th May 2013, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

IAM LITTLE BIT SLOW IN MATH,WHICH IS BETTER FOR ME ECE OR MECHANICAL?
15th June 2013, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

I am good in maths but a little poor in physics? Which branch should i opt? I am planning to do 5 Year dual Degree. Please help me>
15th June 2013, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

I am good in maths but little poor in physics. I am planning to do 5 year dual degree course in Andhra University.Which branch should i Opt?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?