5th February 2018, 07:08 AM
Joel appu

A student from Commerce stream having Computer Application is eligible for BCA or not?

I'm from Commerce stream and have Computer Application as one of the major subject for my Higher Secondary. So, I wanted to know whether I will eligible to apply for BCA and than later MCA or not after my 12th board exams?

11th February 2018, 01:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A student from Commerce stream having Computer Application is eligible for BCA or not?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

The eligibility criteria for BCA course is:

1. You must have completed 12th from a recognized board with English as compulsory subject.

You can apply for BCA course after commerce in 12th course.

But for MCA course after BCA, you must have studied Mathematics at 12th level. You can apply for IIT JAM or NIMCET exam for admission in best MCA colleges of India.
11th February 2018, 06:49 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A student from Commerce stream having Computer Application is eligible for BCA or not?

BCA refers to Bachelor of Computer Application and same is a undergraduate professional degree course of three years with very good career scope in software world.

Yes, you are certainly eligible for pursuing BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) degree course after completion of your Class 12th with Commerce stream as for pursuing BCA degree course any higher secondary school degree holder are eligible. Few institutes do ask for English and Mathematics as main subjects at Class 12th level but that is not the same in case of all colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?