29th December 2016, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do BCA and MCA after studying class 12th with commerce stream?

I am a commerce with computer science student and my ambition is to be in software or it field. So, am I eligible to do BCA and MCA?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue BCA and MCA courses without having Mathematics in 12th Class?
  2. Am I eligible to pursue BCA or MCA after completing class 12th (Commerce) without Mathematics and Computer Science as subjects?
  3. Am I eligible to study BCA and MCA after completing 12th Commerce?
  4. Am I eligible to study M.Tech if completed 12th with Commerce being an MCA 3rd semester student?
  5. Can I get admission in CA after 10+2 with PCMB? -- [New]
  6. Is it difficult to study BCA for 12th Commerce student? Scope of BCA and MCA?
  7. Is it possible to make a career in IT sector after studying 12th from Commerce?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission to study MCA in Gujarat or Maharashtra after completing BCA on Commerce basis?
  9. Is it possible to study commerce stream 11th and 12th while studying BCA 4th semester?
  10. Is it possible for me to get the software job in future if I have taken commerce stream?
  11. Am I eligible to study MCA if completed 12th Commerce without Maths being a BCA final year student? Is there any specialization in MCA?
  12. Can I do MCA from IIT after completing 12th with commerce stream
  13. Which specialization should I opt in MCA after completing BCA being a Commerce candidate?
  14. Which Stream of mca is best whether Science, commerce or management ? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. List of top 10 Colleges for MCA course being a candidate from BCA stream having scored 70% in BCA, 61% in 12th class and 70% in 10th class?
  16. Am I eligible for MCA course after completion of my BCA degree? I have done my 12th with commerce stream
  17. Am I eligible for MCA course after completion of my BCA degree? I have done my 12th with commerce stream
  18. Eligibility to study BCA or B.Sc(IT) for 12th Commerce student?
29th December 2016, 01:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BCA and MCA after studying class 12th with commerce stream?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue BCA and MCA courses after successful completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream. The basic educational qualification required to pursue BCA course and MCA courses is as follows.

>> Eligibility Criteria Required to do BCA:

* Yes, you are eligible to pursue this BCA course after 12th Class in commerce stream

* The basic educational qualification qualification is 12th Class in 10+2 pattern

>> Eligibility Criteria Required to do MCA:

* As you will be pursuing BCA course in Graduation, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to pursue MCA course as the minimum qualification required for MCA is Bachelor Degree in any discipline with Computer's as one of the subjects.
29th December 2016, 02:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BCA and MCA after studying class 12th with commerce stream?

To be eligible to pursue BCA course, you should have completed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics subject from a recognised board. There are also some universities which offer admissions in BCA course to candidates who have passed 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board. But, to be eligible to pursue MCA course, you should have studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard level or in Bachelor's degree course.
29th December 2016, 03:08 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a commerce with computer science student and my ambition is to be in software or it field. So, am I eligible to do BCA and MCA?
BCA is an abbreviation for Bachelor in Computer Application which is a vocational course means this is a job oriented course which can get you job with some initial good salary.
However, to become a software engineer you should complete your graduation with computer science or B.tech with software engineering.
Both, B.tech and BCA are Bachelor course which can be pursued after completing 12th standard.
29th December 2016, 03:49 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for BCA and MCA if you have not completed your 12th class with science having scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate and 50% in your mathematics subject from a recognized board.
29th December 2016, 04:40 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is a three year bachelor degree course from a recognised university.

The eligibility to get admission in course is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th with science stream and have Physics and Chemistry.

For admission in some of the institutes it is necessary to have mathematics as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination to get admission in BCA or MCA course with commerce.
29th December 2016, 04:56 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The general eligibility criteria which is required in order to pursue BCA after completion of 12th standard is:

You must have completed your 12th standard from a recognised board and mathematics is the compulsory subject which is required to study BCA from a recognised Institute. Some of the institutes conduct entrance exam in order to admit the students to this course otherwise most of the students are admitted on the basis of marks obtained in the 12th standard. As you have studied mathematics in your 12th standard hence you are eligible to pursue this course.
29th December 2016, 06:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To study BCA , a candidate must have completed 12th with mathematics as a compulsory subject from a recognised board and marks secured in the 12th standard should not be less than 50 and there is relaxation given to SC and ST students of 5%.
As you are saying that you have studied mathematics in 12th standard hence you are eligible to pursue this course moreover most of the institutes which are reputed conduct entrance exam to give admissiom. Otherwise you can get admission directly on the basis of marks obtained in the 12th standard.
29th December 2016, 07:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

The qualification required for the BCA course is Higher Secondary School Degree or equivalent with minimum 50% marks.The candidate must have pursued HSC degree in Science stream with Physics and Chemistry.Most of the institutes insists that the candidate must have pursued Mathematics in their 12th class.

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application. It is a professional post graduate degree course in Computer Application. To get admission into the MCA course, one has to write an entrance exam .

The eligibility criteria to get admission for MCA course are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed graduation in BBA / BCA / B.Tech / B.Sc. from a recognized university with at least 60% marks.

-The candidate must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2.

So, you are not eligible to apply for BCA and MCA after studying class 12th with commerce stream.
29th December 2016, 07:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Computer Application course. It is three year vocational course.

The required eligibility to get the admission in course is that candidate must have passed 12th with science stream and for some of institutes it is necessary to have mathematics as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to get admission after 12th with commerce stream.
29th December 2016, 09:03 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Computer Applications is an undergraduate Information Technology course.

The duration of BCA course is three years.

For BCA course candidate should have passed 12th class with Mathematics subject from a recognized board.

If you have study mathematics subject in your 12th class then you are eligible for Bachelor of Computer Applications course otherwise not.
29th December 2016, 09:05 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to opt for BCA and MCA course after the completion of your class 12th with Commerce field as you have Computer Science as a subject in class 12th. So, if you want to pursue BCA, you can definitely pursue it after the completion of class 12th.
29th December 2016, 09:23 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes,you are eligible for BCA and MCA after studying class 12th with commerce stream.

To eligible for BCA applicant must have completed 12th Examination or equivalent with minimum 50% marks and also having Mathematics as subject in the qualifying examination. But there are Many Colleges available Provide Admission in BCA Course to Those Students, Who do not Have Maths In 12th Exams.

After completing BCA you can do MCA course.
29th December 2016, 10:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

After completing your 12th standard you are eligible to purse BCA course. As you are from commerce with computer stream, so you are eligible to pursue BCA course. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard with 50% marks including English from a recognized board are eligible to pursue BCA.

But, in order to pursue MCA you should have studied mathematics in 12th standard or in any one year of graduation. So, if you have studied mathematics in 12th standard then you are eligible to pursue MCA after BCA.
29th December 2016, 10:29 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible to do BCA and MCA after studying class 12th with commerce stream?

As per the information you have provided in your query, you studying class 12th with commerce stream So, yes you are eligible to get admission in to do BCA. The minimum percentage required for Bachelor of Computer Application course in your 12th class is 50%. 45% in the case of candidate belonging to reserved category. The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years. Also you need to appear in entrance examination to get admission in Bachelor of Computer Application course. Duration of this course is 3 years.

After completion of Bachelor of Computer Application course, you are eligible to do MCA.
29th December 2016, 10:31 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for admission in BCA course after completion of 12th standard with commerce stream. To apply for admission in BCA course, you simply required to qualify 12th standard from any well affiliated school without any backlog.
BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Applications. It is a three years graduation course. After completion of BCA course, you can apply for Master's in Computer Applications i.e. MCA. MCA is a two years master degree course.
My suggestion to you is, you should pursue the short term courses like .Net, Java during your core study. These courses will enhance your knowledge and also helps in getting job.
30th December 2016, 01:08 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

• There is a difference among the universities regarding the eligibility criteria for BCA.

Some of them say that the candidate seeking the admission in BCA should have maths in the 12th as a subject.

While on the other hand some say that a candidate should have passed 12th from any stream to get the admission.

You just have to search for the universities according to your eligibility and get the admission.

If you have done the BCA, you will automatically be eligible for the MCA.
30th December 2016, 04:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of 12th standard commerce, you are eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

After completion of BCA course, you are eligible for MCA course.
13th January 2017, 11:53 AM
sapnayadav51

If you are interested in computer then yo do BCA & MCA
For doing BCA you have passed 12 examination with math as one compulsory subject with 50% marks after doing BCA You can do MCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?