26th November 2010, 12:53 PM

Study material to be referred for IAS exam?

dear sir/mam,
hi!
i am a housewife. i want to be an ias .i wanna know this from u that how can i do preparation for this exam? this is my 1st &last chance ,but i want to clear this exam at any cost. iwant to know this which study material i should study& what r main guide;lines for sucess? ofcourse, i knew this u r answer will be very motivating for me. plz answer me as soon as possibl3e?
u r's sinceresly,

vandana( chandigarh)

3rd August 2011, 04:01 AM
anil krishna

Default Re: Study material to be referred for IAS exam?

hi, i have some best book names to prepare your IAS, HISTORY-NCERT ,book of class XI and XII (published by Nbt) , Geography- NCERT (class XII Book), Indian polity - introduction to indian commision, Indian economy- NCERT (on evolution of india),General science-NCERT book of science,Mental ability-R.S.Agarawal,Current affairs- through news papaers u can read . G.K.-indian year book or chronicle . This are the books . I wrote max NCERT bec max 85% will be cover . All the best
28th August 2011, 09:20 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

some best book names to prepare your IAS, HISTORY-NCERT ,book of class XI and XII (published by Nbt) , Geography- NCERT (class XII Book), Indian polity - introduction to indian commision, Indian economy- NCERT (on evolution of india),General science-NCERT book of science,Mental ability-R.S.Agarawal,Current affairs- through news papaers u can read . G.K.-indian year book or chronicle . This are the books .
7th September 2011, 07:47 PM
fahran

hi dear, some best book names to prepare your IAS, HISTORY-NCERT ,book of class XI and XII (published by Nbt) , Geography- NCERT (class XII Book), Indian polity - introduction to indian commision, Indian economy- NCERT (on evolution of india),General science-NCERT book of science,Mental ability-R.S.Agarawal,Current affairs- through news papaers u can read . G.K.-indian year book or chronicle . This are the books .
thanks
13th October 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

hi dear please give me the genuine data of IAS Exams traning institues in Hyderabad
16th November 2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

from,
Dr.Niveditha Vijayendra,

sir, I am B.A.M.S (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) graduate. I am intersted in doing IAS. Pls inform me about the syllabus and books to prepare for IAS Exam.
thank you,
25th November 2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

sir/ma'am
i am poor boy from kolkata i have no money to invest for UPSC examination please help me my e-mail id is [email protected]
5th March 2012, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

how can i manage my time and what hours we should to give for it. please guide me also about preparation of mains. can i prepare for prelims and mains together
[email protected]
18th May 2012, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

WE HAVE FINISHED 1ST YEAR B.COM EXAMS? WE ARE WILLING TO WRITE I A S EXAM .CAN U GUIDE US AND BOOKS FOR REFERENCE AND DETAILS OF EXAM ?
I AM MONISHA.G. SEND TO MY EMAIL ID [email protected]
28th May 2012, 06:05 AM
Radhakrishna143

hi dear, some best book names to prepare your
IAS, HISTORY-NCERT ,book of class XI and XII
(published by Nbt) , Geography- NCERT (class XII
Book), Indian polity - introduction to indian
commision, Indian economy- NCERT (on evolution
of india),General science-NCERT book of science,Mental ability-R.S.Agarawal,Current
affairs- through news papaers u can read . G.K.-
indian year book or chronicle . This are the
books .
thanks
21st June 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am an electrical engineering student 7th sem plz tell me about prelims and mains of IAS exam . Thank you.
9th August 2012, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Hi everyone,

Iam a software engineer ,but my dream is to become an IAS officer.Iam not able to manage the time for both and what are the books which i need to prefer for premils and mains (mathematics and publc administration ).

Your tips will help me a lot.

this is my mail id.
[email protected]

Thanks in advance
7th October 2012, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,iam studying b.com ca.how to prepare ias exam and please tell reference books.
this is my email.id
[email protected]
26th January 2013, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i am studying b.com also wid c.a. but i want to becum ias oficer so plz tell me how to prepare for ias exam and graduation is must for this exam... plz give sugession on my id- [email protected]
26th January 2013, 11:14 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
dear sir/mam,
hi!
i am a housewife. i want to be an ias .i wanna know this from u that how can i do preparation for this exam? this is my 1st &last chance ,but i want to clear this exam at any cost. iwant to know this which study material i should study& what r main guide;lines for sucess? ofcourse, i knew this u r answer will be very motivating for me. plz answer me as soon as possibl3e?
u r's sinceresly,

vandana( chandigarh)
Helo,
-start with NCERT's from 6th to 12th class
-read a news paper daily like THE HINDU
-be in touch with current affairs
-you can also go for study materials from various institutes like raus, vajiram, chanakya etc
27th January 2013, 09:57 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Study material to be referred for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
dear sir/mam,
hi!
u r's sinceresly,

vandana( chandigarh)

Study Material For IAS

For becoming an IAS Officer..you need to clear the Civil Services Exam which is conducted every year by the UPSC..

Candidate must have following minimum eligibility criterion to appear for the exam :-

>> You must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if you are a general candidate..21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST..

>> Candidate must also have completed graduation from a recognized institute in any stream..

>> General candidates have a maximum of 4 chances to appear for the exam..OBC have 7 and no limit for SC/ST/PD candidates..

There are 2 stages in the written exam round for the Civils :-

>> Prelims
>> Mains

The Prelims round is common for everyone and will consist of 2 objective papers to test you on your aptitude as well as general awareness..

You can refer to the following books for the preparations of the Prelims Exam :-

You can also visit http://upsc.gov.in for more information..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 70 views)
File Type: docx IAS Optional Subjects.docx(14.7 KB, 73 views)
22nd June 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

sir:i have completed my 12th exam i want to know how to prepare for IAS exam ?what is my first step for prepration?what are the study material for preparing in IAS exam?
7th August 2013, 08:23 PM
manava4
Member+

Hello,

To begin with the study of IPS exam :

* study the books of NCERT of class 6 to 12
* keep yourself updated regarding the current affairs by reading the news papres and magazines.
* refer the previous years question papers

Along with this you have to study in detail the following books :
Attached Files
File Type: txt ias books.txt(708 Bytes, 77 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?